CyniQ

Otter in Central Texas today...

Well i guess you all owe me for your cheaper jumps because if I didn't start bitchin about him being the highest priced in Texas he never would have lowered the prices
But they could be free and I still wouldn't go - ask Mark what he said to piss me off and then you wouldn't go either>:(

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid

Actually I just got an email and they (Temple)are only charging $22 dollars a load!!!

OH HELL YEAH! $22 a load??? Thats a dollar per person on a full load, I'm there!

:D:D I will buy the first load! Shit at that price i think i will buy all the loads im on!:D
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

Well I'm jumping in Temple tomorrow afternoon at 2pm. You can't do THAT in San Marcos. They don't jump on weekdays.

Where did you hear that? Sounds like you have been lied to over and over again
And SSM flys their otter during the week == and its still less expensive
Note they even let you do hop n pops and don't try to charge full price!

I thought we had an understanding? Don't be a VooDOUCHE and make me flame you. B|

After your tales of the magical kingdom of SSM (Skydiving & Sado-Masochism) and their click your heels 3 times for an instant trip to 14k jump runs... I CALLED to get the lowdown.

I spoke to a lovely young lady, I believe Jeannie was her name, who told me that they don't jump on weekdays.

If she's turning away business by LYING to potential clients as you suggest, I recommend the immediate termination of her employment. :P
Tout est pour le mieux dans le meilleur des mondes possibles.

Once again..I know that someone else said it before... but there are more people on the DZ than just the owner... I am sure that you can find SOMETHING fun to do! B|

I am sure that everyone knows another jumper that they aren't that fond of... that doesn't mean that you avoid the DZ. You just find your own crew, have some great skydives and call it a day.

And there isn't a need for name calling either... You never know when we all might want to jump together.. there is no need to start any more bad blood over old wounds.... Ya know[:/]

So lets try to keep it friendly... what do you say?? I know I would like more company head down..... Flocking anyone??B|B|;)

Sometimes when I see a man slip and fall, my first instinct is to laugh. But then I think, what if I were an ant, and he fell on me... Then it wouldn't seem so funny

+1 We have some good DZ's in Texas. And another one added an otter, that is great news! People need to relax and quit bashing a neighbor DZ. Both sides need to be happy for the other. All DZ's are better and worse in atleast one way or another than another DZ. :P

Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

I believe that when you bad mouth a neighboring DZ (especially because of a personal agenda), your words have the reverse effect that you intended. Every DZO and every DZ has some pissed off jumper out there who says, "this DZO is a dick, and their DZ sucks". Hell, I know there are some people out there that think I am a dick. Speak with your wallet, jump where you want to jump. Let others have fun where they feel at home. Texas is big enough for multiple DZ's. (and it's fun to have some variety, right?)

A couple years ago Temple borrowed one of our Otters during the week. I got to fly up there with the airplane and do a bunch of tandems. I had a great time. Temple reminded me of my home DZ. People treated me AWESOME. Free beer and they fed me too. My one experience there was definately a positive one.

You must've called the wrong skydive San Marcos. There is nobody named Jeanie that works there and I jump on Fridays on a regular basis.....Like tomorrow. The last time I checked that would be considered a weekday.

Look, dude. I wasn't really trying to say anything bad about SSM. I've never been there, don't know anything about the place. I'm sure that there are lots of wonderful people there. Anything I've said on here that you've construed negative toward SSM was purely in jest. I sometimes think I'm funny. :P

Most sincerely, I called SSM with 2 questions.

1. Since you at SSM have a 14 Level AFF and I've only jumped 8 times (9 now, but 8 when I called) would you let me jump solo or would I have to jump your AFF with a JM?

2. Do you jump during the week? (Cause I always take Wednesday off.)

The young lady I spoke to said that I would have to continue with THEIR AFF program, and that they DO NOT jump during the week as this is their slow season. She also said that I could get a discount if I got on the manifest before 8:30am on SATURDAY morning. Reinforcing (in my mind) the whole "you can't jump during the week" idea.

If you're jumping tomorrow, then I think that's fantastic. But it's not what I was told by Whatsername. :S

You would have to do the coach jumps before jumping solo (those are AFF 8-14) at SSM

It is always best to stay where you started until you have an A lic. Then spread your wings and try different places

You would have to do the coach jumps before jumping solo (those are AFF 8-14) at SSM

It is always best to stay where you started until you have an A lic. Then spread your wings and try different places

I'm sure that's great advice. I appreciate it. :)
I'm happy at SD Temple. I like the people there. Like I said, I'd like to jump during the week whenever possible so I was investigating that possibility at SSM.

If anyone wants to try and get a little Cessna load together for Wednesday afternoons in Temple. I'm TOTALLY in! :ph34r:

If anyone wants to try and get a little Cessna load together for Wednesday afternoons in Temple. I'm TOTALLY in!

Cessna .... Ears perked at that one, once Im back in the air and current and comfortable I will probably take you up on that , I love me some 182
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

So Skydive San Marcos is sending the pilot Eddie up north to pick up the Cessna Caravan that will be the weekday turbine and the second weekend plane
So the fun jumpers will now have their own plane and the tandems will have their own plane on the weekends --- no more waiting to get on a load

Caravan should be in operation by the weekend

SSM will own both planes - they aren't leased