Taz

1st Annual tonto Boogie! 24-26 Oct.

It's nearly a year since we lost the man most skydivers knew as tonto. The last weekend in October at the Johannesburg Skydiving Club (JSC), we will remember and celebrate his life at the First Annual tonto Boogie.

tonto (D515) was one of South Africa's most accomplished contributors to the sport. Come out and celebrate his life with us at our home DZ.

Where: Johannesburg Skydiving Club, www.jsc.co.za
When: 24-26 October 2008
Events: Wingsuit competitions and high-end demo suits. Flock organizing. First flight courses for beginners - learn how to fly! Tracking competition. CRW. Freefly. FS. Atmonauti. Load organisers from all disciplines will be there.

We are working on making night jumps happen Friday night, including night wingsuiting!

Aircraft: PAC 750XL

Party Saturday night with live band!

For more on tonto's life - I have written a tribute for the Toggle Times PASA newsletter. You can find it, with photos, by clicking on the Toggle Times link (under "New Developments") on the right hand side of

www.para.co.za

Or, without photos here:

http://docs.google.com/View?docid=ajdgdpmcpv2m_27d695tb73

We look forward to seeing you there!
-Taya
It's the Year of the Dragon.

I won't be able to make it, but I'm sure it will be really great event to honor a guy who put a tremendous amout of effort into educating new (and not so new) skydivers.

Is there any way that dropzoners can donate to the event? Any sort of memorial fund or anything like that?
Skwrl Productions - Wingsuit Photography

Northeast Bird School - Chief Logistics Guy and Video Dork

Those who would like to contribute can do so through my PayPal account, [email protected]. I'm currently in the US but headed to South Africa in a few weeks and would be happy to keep everyone updated. tonto was very involved in charitable activities in our community and I'm talking with the JSC Committee about how best to establish something appropriate related to this event - maybe an emergency fund for the JSC packers. (tonto's last charitable contribution was to deposit R500 to help one of the packers with funeral expenses for his wife).

Many skydivers contributed to the Silindile Trust soon after t died, which he and I had established to help one little girl in a township near us to go to a school for the deaf. http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=3004225;page=1;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;mh=25;

That effort, and a special letter by a skydiver and friend in SA led to a radio station in Johannesburg (Highveld) granting a Christmas Wish to me in December - corporate sponsorship by a company called Aon, which is covering Silindile's school fees now.

Skydiver contributions enabled the entire family to eat healthy meals this year, and we are now working on finding them a better place to live. So I can promise that anything anyone wants to contribute will end up making a big difference in South Africa.

I wish everyone could beam over for this, but I know it's a long way from North America!! :)
-T

It's the Year of the Dragon.

For more on tonto's life - I have written a tribute for the Toggle Times PASA newsletter. You can find it, with photos, by clicking on the Toggle Times link (under "New Developments") on the right hand side of www.para.co.za

Geez, that was a beautiful tribute. You've got me crying like a baby.

co-signed..
--------------------------------------------
www.facebook.com/agentlead