popsjumper

Good Vibes Boogie Mar26-30 @ The Farm

not quite-Billy did get that road rash. I think his skirt got caught on the door during exit:D:D:D:D

Poor Billy, ripping some holes in his BRAND NEW jumpsuit! :S[:/] I'm sure the road rash will heal, but having to patch that jumpsuit sure will hurt.

Plus, Mark got a shiner on that jump, and I think he hurt his shoulder? I'm so glad I bailed on the speed star action so that I could test my ability to fall fast enough to stay with 'divot. :ph34r::P

Divot, you fucker! :D

I've never had much luck with those type of exits while being in the middle. The last time I did that, I broke my radius bone at the wrist going out the door of the left trail otter on a 100 way attempt because I stuck my hand out to keep from ramming my shoulder into the door jamb. This incident brought those 10 year old memories right back, and this one hurt a lot more. B|

So fuck it, if I get asked to do that kind of exit from an otter, I'll tell the organizer "you're either putting me at floater, or first in line, or last in line, or I ain't on it." Matter of fact, I remember getting kicked in the chin by a 240 lb dude in front of me on exit from a Casa at the 2nd Dublin boogie doing a Guy Wright big way. Thank God my factory diver helmet absorbed most of it. You can still see the hairline cracks along the chin guard! :D

Anyway, back to the leg injuries. Got some bone bruises on my left leg that hurts a good deal but aren't black and blue, as well as the ankle bone and portions of my left foot. The right leg somehow got the worst of it. I wish there was a camera fixed in the plane so I could see exactly how the hell it happened, but the entire back of my right calf is splotched red with one good gash near the ankle bone. Picture attached. The calf muscle tightens up every time it rests so I have to keep moving around. Fuck, I wore my old jumpsuit for the first jump so I could be sure I didn't get the new one dirty if I messed up the landing after 4 months off. I had a nice landing as if I had jumped the previous weekend. Then since it had warmed up enough in the afternoon I took my long blue jeans off in exchange for my shorts, AND put the new jumpsuit on. [:/]

As for the jumpsuit, it's no big deal. My friend who I ordered the suit from, lives 10 miles from me, and she was in Z-hills this weekend, so I texted her about the suit. She's getting some material from Tony Suits down there to bring back and will sew it up. :)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

So, is it the skydiving or the exiting that is the lost art?

Most of the problems were due to equipment malfunctions...Divot's helmet strap broke in the plane so he left it on there, and his goggles came off in freefall! :D Luckily, he caught them and put them back on. So that was kind of a different kind of art.

As for me, exiting is the lost art. Although I did launch a compressed accordion successfully this weekend. B|

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

Plus, Mark got a shiner on that jump, and I think he hurt his shoulder? I'm so glad I bailed on the speed star action so that I could test my ability to fall fast enough to stay with 'divot. :ph34r::P

My shoulder hurt more at first. But now my pride is hurting more for not calling off the exit at least for myself. It happened so fast, before I realized...:| Nuff said...Lesson learned... It is just a little battle damage. Nothing a few massages in downtown Atlanta can't cure. :S

Be back at The Farm for the GSL Skills Camp... B|

My shoulder hurt more at first. But now my pride is hurting more for not calling off the exit at least for myself. It happened so fast, before I realized...:| Nuff said...Lesson learned... It is just a little battle damage. Nothing a few massages in downtown Atlanta can't cure. :S

Yep, hey, at least I didn't break anything THIS time. :S:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Just letting you guys know they're putting up an early load @ 11 a.m. on Friday, April 11th if anyone wants to join. I've got two buddies going tandem for a Bachelor party jump- so that's 5 people including me and the TMs. How 'bout we fill up the plane? :)

PM me or talk to Hans to get on the load. I'm sure he'll be more than happy to fill that puppy up!

I will be kissing hands and shaking babies all afternoon. Thanks for all your support! *bows*

SCS #8251

So, is it the skydiving or the exiting that is the lost art?

Blame the engineers cuz they haven't come up with an exit tunnel yet. :P

Not alot of jumps, but a great time at The Farm as always.

Plus in true Lee fashion, the minute his and Beezy's tree's were planted it poured. :)
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

It was good meeting so many people...and quite an adventure driving back from dinner on Friday. Remember, don't let Laura's John drive the bus!
SCR #14809

"our attitude is the thing most capable of keeping us safe"
(look, grab, look, grab, peel, punch, punch, arch)

It was good meeting so many people...and quite an adventure driving back from dinner on Friday. Remember, don't let Laura's John drive the bus!

That sounds like the bus ride I was on, where we drove over a barrier to enter a closed road, only to have to turn around and repeat? :D:D

That sounds like the bus ride I was on, where we drove over a barrier to enter a closed road, only to have to turn around and repeat? :D:D

It was a Dukes of Hazard moment ("Now how do you think them Duke boys are gonna get out of this one"?), but at least he didn't run you over as you ran out of the WalMart with the Heineken.

You might appreciate this video Mark: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kuuQTOQXl0
SCR #14809

"our attitude is the thing most capable of keeping us safe"
(look, grab, look, grab, peel, punch, punch, arch)

It was a Dukes of Hazard moment ("Now how do you think them Duke boys are gonna get out of this one"?), but at least he didn't run you over as you ran out of the WalMart with the Heineken.

Ahhh good point. But had he rolled over me, I would of expected those on the bus to exit and pick up the unbroken bottles! ;)

You might appreciate this video Mark: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kuuQTOQXl0

Ahhhh....yes...I wanted to get a copy of this video. Thanks for sharing...good times! See you back out there soon!

I heard about that ride. It's not his fault, he's used to Swedish vehicles. :P
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Yes, that was my John. :$ Guess he didn't realize the bus is not a 4 wheel drive vehicle and I think it seemed like a good idea at the time. :D:D:D:P

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091