agent_lead

boogie in belize

has anybody been to this boogie?

http://www.skydivebelize.com/

i just want to make clear that this is not an advertisment for the boogie...i am simply trying to get some info on it from skydivers who may have been there last year..

me and my team are thinking about going in feb..

what is the boogie like..aircraft..jump tickets..food..entertainment...hotels..beaches..all that stuff..

i would love some info on it as the website is kind of bland and dosent tell you much about the boogie itself other than the dates its going to happen..
--------------------------------------------
www.facebook.com/agentlead

It's one that I've always had on my "someday" list, but IIRC, there's a 500-jump minimum for it. So it'll be a while for me.

I've heard great things from folks who have been.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Lead...you beat me to this thread!!!

Are we 100% sure it is a 500 jump min.??? [:/]

I have a friend who went last year, and he did NOT have 500 jumps, but I believe he did have a C license. I'm not sure what the rules are for this year though, they may have changed...

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

I require a 500 jump minimum, however some jumpers with less experience, and at least a "B" (water training) have attended with an OK from their DZO or S&TA.
The landing area in Belize is on a beach surrounded by 2 story condo units to the North and South and a couple of 3 story units and a power line to the West.
We have very strict landing patterns established, North or South only.
Every jump is over the ocean.
There is a lagoon 20 yards to the west that has very large crocodiles living in it.
The landing area is 350 yards long by 100 yards wide.
The wind is usually 5-15 knots from the Northeast.
Landing "out" requires good canopy skills. The ocean is the best out, as it is only 3-4ft. deep about 100 yards off shore.
I hope this clears up why there are minimum qualifications required. If you would like to attend, send a pm or e-mail.
I will be posting an official update soon.