denete

Skydive Monroe...

The hangar construction will be completed next week and jumping should start around the 3rd week of May. Aircraft will include a King Air and a 182. The airport has been expanded on both ends, so there is even more landing area than before. The new hangar is four times larger than the old one. Monroe once was the place to be, and soon will be again.

Actually there's a lot less landing area than there used to be before they extended the taxiway and put the security fence across the middle of the West landing area. Also, the runway was only extended on the north end, and that was done before the dropzone closed three years ago. Likewise, the old hangar was 3,600 sqft. while the new one is 6,000; not even twice as big, much less four times.

Skydive Monroe was a great dropzone because of the people. Very few of those people will be going back, so don't be surprised if it doesn't feel like home anymore.

Web site?

It is under construction but it will be, Skydive Now Atlanta.com

Depends on what the court decides. "Skydive Now Atlanta" is a pretty clear infringement on the name "Skydive Atlanta". Was that really the best name that he could come up with?

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." - Carl Sagan

Goodness Gary, are you ever going to bury the hatchet? Monroe will be a great place whether or not you ever give it your blessing. The runway has been extended considerably in both directions. Many of the trees in the North, East, and West areas of the airport are being removed. Making the landing area is much larger than before. "Skydive Atlanta", "Atlanta Skydive", "Skydive Now Atlanta" , so what, do all the dropzones start suing each other? The fence across the west landing area is going to be changed to accommodate the original landing space. The sky is plenty big enough for us all. Be happy.:P

Goodness Gary, are you ever going to bury the hatchet?

I considered the hatchet buried until the aircraft logbook incident last Fall. You know what happened - would you forgive and forget if he had done that to you?

Monroe will be a great place whether or not you ever give it your blessing.

Didn't know that I was authorized to bless things, but let me put it this way: I would boycott any business owner who did to you (or any of my other friends) what your hero did to me. Y'all can use that information any way you see fit.

The runway has been extended considerably in both directions.

Was just out there today. Don't know where you've been getting your information :), but the south end is the same as it was in '97 and the north end is the same as when the dropzone closed in '06.

Many of the trees in the North, East, and West areas of the airport are being removed. Making the landing area is much larger than before.

Didn't see any changes there, either. Your post said that the landing area is bigger than before. Big difference between is and may eventually be. Also, a 6,000 sqft. hangar still isn't four times bigger than a 3,600 sqft. one.

"Skydive Atlanta", "Atlanta Skydive", "Skydive Now Atlanta" , so what, do all the dropzones start suing each other?

No, but when you open a new business with a name that's so similar to an existing one, you're asking for trouble. And violating Georgia law. Trey asked him to use a different name, but Bill said that there weren't any other URLs available. (:o OMG! The Internet is full!:o) Tell him I'll trade him skydivemonroe.com for 2319G's Airworthiness Certificate, which also "disappeared" somehow. How's that for burying the hatchet?

The fence across the west landing area is going to be changed to accommodate the original landing space.

This also hasn't happened yet, but I hope you're right. I've seen people hit fences before: not pretty!

The sky is plenty big enough for us all. Be happy.:P

I am happy. Usually at Skydive Atlanta, sometimes at The Farm, and almost always in freefall. Ever see The Great Waldo Pepper? Up there, everything's clear. It's the stuff that happens on the ground that's messy.

Chill out and feel the love, people. If the old crew wants to come back, they will. If not, then they won't. Nothing more than that should be said.

I'm a big believer in letting people make their own decisions, but to make good decisions you need good information.

BTW, speaking of information, would you care to publicly identify yourself?

Well, when you come by to check on your plane, I hope you stop in and say "hi". I will give you a tour of the new hangar. And bring your gear, we can have a jump for old times sake. After all, you were one of my AFF Instructors there at Monroe. Bill is considering a second floor as needed. That will increase the overall floor space. Drive down Poplar Street, you can see all of the cut down trees in the North and East areas. The trees on the west side are slated to removed soon. Bill said he would like to buy your 182, any interest in selling it? Peace.:)

I'm a big believer in letting people make their own decisions, but to make good decisions you need good information.

I think most people can figure out if a runway or hangar is a different size than they have seen before, or that "Skydive Now Atlanta" sounds a lot like "Skydive Atlanta" without your help. I know we're skydivers, but you might be underestimating us a bit. ;)

As for trumansparks, I know him. He's just a good vibes kinda guy. :)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Are you sure about that?
http://www.usairnet.com/cgi-bin/launch/code.cgi?Submit=Go&sta=KAHN&state=GA

I like my site better, it says partly cloudy with a 30% chance of rain.

http://www.wunderground.com/cgibin/findweather/getForecastquery=30607&hourly=1&yday=142&weekday=Saturday

http://www.wunderground.com/cgibin/findweather/getForecastquery=30607&hourly=1&yday=142&weekday=Saturday

Fixed it.
So I can just keep looking at different sites until i get the forecast I want. That works! Now I can be a weather god like you Max. ;)
LifeshouldNOTbeajourneytothegravewithawellpreservedbody,buttskidinsideways,cigarinone hand,martiniintheother,bodythoroughlyused upandscreaming:"WOO HOO!! What a ride!!!"

It is official, the first load over Monroe has HAPPENED!! Everybody is back on the ground safe and the plane is hangared as weather is moving in again. Just goes to show, you can't jump if your not here. It's only one, but it's a start!!

So I can just keep looking at different sites until i get the forecast I want. That works! Now I can be a weather god like you Max. ;)

WOW, what a great day jumping through the friendly skies of Monroe once again. There was a good turnout. The weather cooperated, it was partly cloudy some of the day, and rained 30% of the time. Dave, I put in a good word for you to the rest of the Pantheon up here on Mt Olympus. We are all in agreement, if you think you can handle it, COME ON UP AND JOIN US...

OK, where is this weekends report? How did it go? How many loads? who was there? etc., etc.
CR

Hey Rick, we missed you out there this weekend. Saw Doc yesterday and several were asking about you. Hope you can come out and play with us soon.

4 loads yesterday and 3 more by time I left today. They were doing one more as I was leaving. Nice friendly vibe going on. One cut away yesterday. All in all it was a good weekend.

BK

OK, where is this weekends report? How did it go? How many loads? who was there? etc., etc.
CR

Already have the first AFF class scheduled for next Saturday. You really need to come out and jump with us again, Rick. It is nice looking down and seeing familiar landmarks.