KCSkydivingCtr

Super Otter Confirmed for The Kansas City Sydiving Center's Grand Opening Boogie!

I just wanted to thank the new dropzone owners for opening the best DZ around! This weekend was a ton of fun and I made some of my best skydives ever. I also wanted to thank the load organizers for putting together some great skydives. You will definitely see me every weekend from here on out.

Spence was just telling you where your post would have been more effective instead of in this thread.

...unless your real intention was to hijack the thread! :(

Well you are partially right Gemini.

And to the hijacker the only thing that matters to me is I can speak my mind without hiding behind a new user name.

EXCUSE ME, I BELIEVE "GEMINI" SUGGESTED I WAS POSSIBLY HIJACKING A THREAD OR WHATEVER YOU FORUM PEOPLE CALL IT AND THEN YOU SAID SOMETHING ABOUT HIDING BEHIND A NEW REGISTERED NAME AND BEING AFRAID TO SPEAK MY MIND. IF YOU LOOK, YOU WILL SEE MY NAME AND THAT I HAVE BEEN REGISTERED SINCE 2003, MOE. SO IN THE WORDS OF YOU BILL O'REILY FANS, "SHUT UP."

I definitely beat my record of most jumps in a day. This place is definitely going to be my home DZ!

This post really made me laugh. 16 jumps and only 1 year....how hard was it to break that record?:D

Isn't there any rules for needing to have a "B" or for god sakes at least a "A" to jump at boogies anymore?:o

I definitely beat my record of most jumps in a day. This place is definitely going to be my home DZ!

This post really made me laugh. 16 jumps and only 1 year....how hard was it to break that record?:D

Isn't there any rules for needing to have a "B" or for god sakes at least a "A" to jump at boogies anymore?:o

Rule? Just need to show up with a good attitude.

shush- any excuse to weasel beer out of a low timer is a good one, no? He can reset his most jumps record a few more times.

I jumped at the American Boogie 2 jumps after getting done with AFF. First weekend I came out and did 2 at Skydance. Next weekend I jumped two more on the CASA! This particlar DZ does have the advantage of students landing at the Barn, about a half mile north of the primary LZ, so the boogie traffic isn't so bad.

You two, cut it out. Don't make me pull this car over. >:(

Oh, and jumper410, please don't yell at us anymore with caps. We hear you just fine.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

:owhatever,Maybe you and people like you are the reason there have been no turbines in the are/reply]

That is really a idiotic statement

I keep seeing you stick your nose in this topic when your not even in this area.
Your just a little pot stirer....aren't ya?
What did i say that had anything to do with having a turbine in this area?

Aren't you in this thrread just to stir the pot???Why can I not do the same?

Because you're really going to piss off the Moderator and get banned if any of you do it one more time! >:(
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Thank you everybody for coming out yesterday for our grand opening. We had 168 registered jumpers who kept the Otter flying full until sunset. Some photos of the day have been posted by a local resident, Helen Budinger, who came out to watch the activities. They can be seen at http://www.illusions-cs.com/KCS/index.htm We enjoyed meeting everyone and we look forward to a fantastic season! The Super Otter will be here again next weekend, so join us for 4-way scrambles and lots of other great skydives.

Blue Skies,
Paul and Joanna Eriksmoen
http://www.kcskydiving.com

That’s cool, glad to hear it went well. I talked to a couple of the Wichita skydivers, they said that they had made 11 jumps, which was every odd load. Sounds like there will be a regular KC road trip schedule from Wichita.

I take it that there were no “issues” with the city, and the “zoning problem”. I had seen that “they” were threatening to enforce zoning regulations against the DZ, did that issue go away, or has it just been put back?

Martin
AC DZ
Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ

That’s cool, glad to hear it went well. I talked to a couple of the Wichita skydivers, they said that they had made 11 jumps, which was every odd load. Sounds like there will be a regular KC road trip schedule from Wichita.

I take it that there were no “issues” with the city, and the “zoning problem”. I had seen that “they” were threatening to enforce zoning regulations against the DZ, did that issue go away, or has it just been put back?

Martin
AC DZ

Everybody seemed really cool there. There were quite a few spectators out that looked like they were having a good time. I saw quite a few people that brought their kids out to watch the activities.

There was a police officer driving around the airport for most of the day, though I never saw him drive over to the DZ. He left about 20 minutes after sunset, so I'd guess he was just there to enjoy the show.

I was a bit hesistant about going to the boogie, because I had heard all the propoganda about jumpers being arrested and the DZ being shut down. After looking back at the posts, I see that all of those posts were made by anonymous people who registered just to post that. I'm guessing that the competition is feeling threatened and is doing (and saying) whatever they can to survive. In the end, I don't think it will matter. People will vote with their wallets and considering that on this dropzone's opening day, they had a Super Otter that flew full until sunset and never shut down, I think I know who most of those wallets are voting for.

I'm guessing that the competition is feeling threatened and is doing (and saying) whatever they can to survive. In the end, I don't think it will matter. People will vote with their wallets and considering that on this dropzone's opening day, they had a Super Otter that flew full until sunset and never shut down, I think I know who most of those wallets are voting for.

Come on....this was a Opening Day Boogie...with a Super Otter..something KC has not seen since Mobey Dick was a Anchovy....sure it was full all day.
Will you be back next week-end, and the next, and the next?
I am from the KC area, and would love it as much as anyone if we had a full time turbin DZ, but i also know the area well enough to know it will not now, as in the past, support a full-time turbin DZ.
I wish the new owners all the LUCK in the world, but also question how much research they did concerning the viability of a turbin DZ in this area.

As much as i would like it, this area just does'nt have the jumpers to be able to keep it going.

I will say that the new owners have got to have some big balls, because they are fighting a county that not only has the 4th largest County Jail in Missouri, and thats saying alot compared to their size, but they just had a judge order a Utility Company to demolish a brand new 150 million dollar complex they just built because they did'nt follow the County's rules. "Aquilla" sp?
I don't give it a year, unless the owners have alot of money they need to get rid of as a tax write-off.

I think you're right Skymonkey. Since most of the jumpers who traveled from far away will not be there next weekend, I think next weekend will be a better test of how viable a turbine DZ is in this area is. I sure hope this place makes it, because I had a ton of fun out there and really hope to return.
Just out of curiousity, is there any actual proof that the county is "fighting" this new dropzone. An anonymous poster said that this place would be shut down the instant an open parachute flew over this piece of land. About 500 open parachutes flew over this piece of land, and I didn't see any of the county police or county officals "fighting" this. I spoke with the county sheriff, who said he was "just enjoying the show," not that he was there to put up a fight. I thought the FAA, not a local zoning commission, had the say in what happened in the air over the United States.
Lastly, what does the size of a county's jail have to do with anything. This county obviously has a high crime rate, which tells me that the police have better things to do than to enforce FAA regulations.

but also question how much research they did concerning the viability of a turbin DZ in this area.

I Think it was Aubrey from Aerodyne that had a Very appropriate Sig Line for this situation....

It was something like:
Those who say it cant be done, Should not stand in the way of those that are in the process of Doing it!!

Or something like that.

People said the same thing about the Farm when it opened two years ago.. They said the Atlanta Area could not support 4 Turbin DZ`s. All 4 Big DZ`s still going strong.. (Yes we did loose one Cessna DZ but that was because of other issues).

You're right about voting with wallets, the Porter flew from sun up to sun down and never shut down.

That's wonderful but shouldn't this be in the MRVS thread? Both planes then were in the air full time and never shut down.
I love my husband!

Don
If you are comapring number of loads and jumpers then i think that the new DZ out flew the other boogie at MRVS. I am not trying to argue anything with you.
The otter never shut down at the new dz and flew more jumpers per load.
Yes the porter may have gotten three loads per hour and the otter only two, but when you haul 6 per load and the otter took 20+ per load the numbers for the otter where just greater!
Joe
www.greenboxphotography.com