Falko

Visiting Atlanta from Germany

hey all,

I'll be visiting my sister in Atlanta to see my new-born niece :)Have been looking out for DZ's in the area and read some reviews here on DZ.com.
The following are on my list:

• The Farm
  • Skydive Atlanta
  • Georgia Skydiving Center

I'm more of a belly flyer (4-way) although my sitfly is very controlled. I think I will have to choose which helmet (Z1 or Rawa :ph34r:) to take before I leave germany, there's only so much skydiving equipment I can carry.

Are there any more DZ's in the area that I should give a call? Everything up to 100miles around Atlanta is fine for me.
    Feel free to PM B|B|B|

Thanks a lot, blue skies
    Falko

PS: I left out ASC for a reason, so don't even try. I despise the way Skyride hurts honest DZ operations in the US... it will affect everyone of us in the end, even Europe. I'd even go as far as avoiding DZ's who honor their certs. I'm just a visitor and it might not be much but I'll take my business elsewhere. :|

Ich betrachte die Religion als Krankheit, als Quelle unnennbaren Elends für die menschliche Rasse.
    (Bertrand Russell, engl. Philosoph, 1872-1970)

Id say without a doubt the farm....and if you are lucky your time here will be during one of Hans all you can jump boogies. One weekend a month, we get all we can jump for 129, and usually are fed. The people are great, theres a swoop pond, and a blue oompa loompa as well as nice new bunks. Anyways if you have the time visit more then one cause SDA is pretty awesome to, and I hear Monroe is also.... Good luck and have fun
    Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
    Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

Georgia Skydiving Center is closed right now, and I *think* that Monroe will be temporarily closed in a couple of weeks.

That leaves The Farm, and Skydive Atlanta. Both great DZ's. The Farm has a porter and a caravan, and Skydive Atlanta has a Super King Air. Belly fliers and Freefliers at both DZ's.

Thanks everyone for their answers :)
    I must have overlooked Skydive Monroe in the DZ database. :$
    So that makes 3 DZ's I will have to visit, The Farm in the west, Skydive Atlanta in the south and Skydive Monroe in the east. :D:D:D

I'll give this thread a bump in February to see if any belly flying dz.commers will be out there at the time.

Ich betrachte die Religion als Krankheit, als Quelle unnennbaren Elends für die menschliche Rasse.

Farm is a big belly\\\9me\0.lol \dz \\\\\\\\\\SDA is very freefly friendly both \dz's are great. \i believe we may also have a grand caravan in february at the farm
    http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

Skydive Monroe is a very friendly DZ and is mostly a belly-flying DZ with a small contingent of freeflyers.

http://www.skydivemonroe.com/

You would be more than welcome and it's impossible to not be invited on a load...you won't be standing around looking for someone to jump with. Monroe flies a Beech99.

The Farm is also good for belly flyers and freeflyers - about even on numbers of jumpers in each discipline. They fly a Porter and sometimes a Caravan.

Skydive Atlanta in Thomaston is mainly freeflyers but they do have a small contingent of bellyflyers, too. They fly a nice KingAir.

Either place you choose would be fun - why not try them all while you are here? These are the only DZs in the area that I would recommend (in agreement with your PS).

Blue Skies and welcome to Atlanta!

Wherabouts will be be staying in Atlanta?
    My reality and yours are quite different.
    I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
    Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Oh damn...........I can't believe no one mentioned Wednesday nights. You have to check to make sure who's playing (Just make a post in Bonfire) but there is normally a decent group of skydivers that show up to Neighbor's pub each week. It's a great little place with excellent food and beer that you, being German and all, would even find acceptable. :D You just wouldn't get the proper Atlanta Skydiver experience without a Wednesday night at Neighbor's! :)

Thanks for the info :o

Either place you choose would be fun - why not try them all while you are here?

I'll try! B|

Wherabouts will be be staying in Atlanta?

At my sisters family in Sandy Springs. That's +/- 50 miles to the Farm or to Monroe.
    Will see if I can also make it to Thomaston since I'm only staying 2 weeks.

Thanks everyone, see "y'all" in February :ph34r:

Oh damn...........I can't believe no one mentioned Wednesday nights. You have to check to make sure who's playing (Just make a post in Bonfire) but there is normally a decent group of skydivers that show up to Neighbor's pub each week.

Where's that located??

It's a great little place with excellent food and beer that you, being German and all, would even find acceptable. :D You just wouldn't get the proper Atlanta Skydiver experience without a Wednesday night at Neighbor's! :)

You wouldn't believe me if I told you that I never drink beer, even though I'm a skydiver AND a german :D
    I just don't like the taste. But I want to be there anyway. :)

You wouldn't believe me if I told you that I never drink beer, even though I'm a skydiver AND a german :D
    I just don't like the taste. But I want to be there anyway. :)

Sure we would I don't drink beer either and I'm a skydiver... (of course I'm only half german...)

For belly flying I'd recommend either Monroe (there's a great crowd there.) or The Farm especially if its an all you can jump weekend... B| I believe hans posts the weekends up on the farm's website...

Have fun in ATL.
    Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

....You wouldn't believe me if I told you that I never drink beer, even though I'm a skydiver AND a german :D....

You're right, we don't.:D
    Now it becomes clear why you are coming to the U.S....they've declared you a national disgrace, ja?
    ;);););)

Bring some real wiener schnitzel with you....:)
    My reality and yours are quite different.
    I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
    Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

You're right, we don't.:D
    Now it becomes clear why you are coming to the U.S....they've declared you a national disgrace, ja?
    ;);););)

Bwahaaha :D:D Yes they did... but that's because I'm half dutch (see last name) and that's a No-No in Germany. :ph34r: You know we love the netherlands because they're friendly, open minded, have coffee shops etc but they're so easy to tease. :ph34r:

Bring some real wiener schnitzel with you....:)

I am dutch/german and I'd rather be 100% dutch than be AUSTRIAN:S:ph34r:;).

Thanks everyone for their helpful replies, I feel very welcomed. Hope we can pull a few nice winter bigways out of the Caravan. B|

Isabelle, is that you? What happened to your other username? You might want to fill out your profile. :P

How are things in Eloy? :)