Orange1

Skydiving in Switzerland

Will be on a trip there next year and was wondering if anyone had any info. Found only 2 DZs on the net, one in Interlaken (which a search revealed someone here said is a "tourist tandem" place only but that's not what their website implies) and a DZ that seems to roam around the french area of switzerland... Interlaken would be best as I'll be in Zurich. Any info welcome, thanks!!
Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.

Interlaken is beautiful.
The Eiger (clint eastwood in The Eiger Sanction) is there.
The rotating resturant from that james bond movie is there.
and Jungfrau, 13000 plus feet w/ ice caves and carvings.

If you could jump there, even if just once it would be awsome. The weather was crap so I wasnt able to, we just rode up to Jungfrau in the train.
I also had the best brat ever at a little kiosk next to the train station.
It is truly a beautiful place.

Wish I had more info.
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

Interlaken is beautiful.
The Eiger (clint eastwood in The Eiger Sanction) is there.
The rotating resturant from that james bond movie is there.
and Jungfrau, 13000 plus feet w/ ice caves and carvings.

If you could jump there, even if just once it would be awsome. The weather was crap so I wasnt able to, we just rode up to Jungfrau in the train.
I also had the best brat ever at a little kiosk next to the train station.
It is truly a beautiful place.

Wish I had more info.

Ditto that. The Lauterbrunnen valley is one of the most scenic in the world. In the summer of '98, I ate breakfast at the Piz Gloria on the Schilthorn (the rotating restaurant), bungy jumped from the supply gondola that went from Schteckelberg to Mürren (different than the passenger gondola from Schteeckelberg to Gimmelwald and then to Mürren), and also a bunch of hiking. I also did a tandem paraglide around the Interlaken area.

I really miss that area.

The place in the south is called paracentro, it is 2 hours south of zurich by car and is one of the most beautiful places in europe. www.paracentro.ch. Interlaken is nice too, its mainly tandems but you can jump there, there are 3 operations. check www.skydiveinterlaken.ch or www.justjump.ch,

closest ones from zurich (within 1 hour) are triengen, www.psctriengen.ch, beromuenster, www.paraclub.ch, sitterdorf, www.skydive-fgs.ch or grenchen, www.skydivegrenchen.ch, grenchen has a lot of links on their page to all the other dzs. almost all the dzs in switzerland operate porters, except beromuenster they have a pac750xl and are currently the place where everybody seems to be going. paracentro is fulltime open from march to november, the other ones have usually fulltime 2-3 month in the summer and from march to november on the weekends.

prices are quiet high in switzerland, a single jump is approx. 42 sfr, which is approx. 32 usd right now.

good luck
mike

Thanks for the info guys (and the PMs!)
...i've been to switzerland before, pre-jumping days, including some restaurant on a 25th floor (?) in interlaken... so i know how beautiful it is!
i reckon worth the high jump prices for the views ;)
Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.

Thanks for the info guys (and the PMs!)
...i've been to switzerland before, pre-jumping days, including some restaurant on a 25th floor (?) in interlaken... so i know how beautiful it is!
i reckon worth the high jump prices for the views ;)

You kindly may not forget to post pics whenever you've been there! The country itself, in winter and summer, is worthy to be seen...... as you know.

Have a great time B|

dudeist skydiver # 3105

just got back from Switzerland a month ago!

There's a tandem operation in Lauterbrunnen. Its a chopper jump and thus expensive (about CHF90) but the view falling past the Eiger, Jungfrau and Monch mountains and into the valley comes recommended.
xj

"I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with the earth...but then I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with a car either, and that's having tried both."

There's a tandem operation in Lauterbrunnen. Its a chopper jump and thus expensive (about CHF90) .

90CHF for a solo slot ?? In a helicopter ?? that's NOT expensive for a helicopter jump over here. From what altitude ?? What heli is it ??
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

piisfish

There's a tandem operation in Lauterbrunnen. Its a chopper jump and thus expensive (about CHF90) .

90CHF for a solo slot ?? In a helicopter ?? that's NOT expensive for a helicopter jump over here. From what altitude ?? What heli is it ??

They have an Ecureuil AS 350 B3 with a max of 5 slots. In most cases when there are two tandems on board they give away the last slot for 50 CHF.
Apart from that if you wanna go jumping with your friends you pay around 450 CHF for the whole ride per chopper so at best case of being 5 jumpers, each of you will have to pay 90 CHF.
They usually go up to 3000m (~10.000 ft).

It's definitely worth the upgrade ;)
Here some impressions:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNQegCVZWuw