fmmobley

Staying in a DZ bunkhouse

I am travling to another DZ for a weekend and am considering saving hotel money and staying in their dropzone bunkhouse. I know it probably varies from place to place but generally what is it like? Is there usually a place to secure your stuff while you are away?
... Marion

The only place I've seen in any of the bunkhouses I've been in either as a resident or just passing through, "secured" means in your car or on your body. You get a bed, and maybe sheets and a pillow, depending on where you are.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Eloy's bunkhouse spaces come with a locker for your stuff. Best to call the DZ in question and ask.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

..."secured" means in your car or on your body. You get a bed,

For where you are going, you may want to bring your own sheets and pillow - I don't believe they have them in stock yet.

If you are a light sleeper, you may want to consider sleeping elsewhere, tent, hotel or something. The party is going to last well into the morning. I am going to probably sleep in the back of my truck well away from the noise because I am an old fart and I need my beauty sleep. :D:D:D:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I went to skydive Az and the beds and bathroom , where ok , but the kitchen dont even think entering there , there was no internet also , anyway was like two years ago .

The bunkhouse has been remodeled since you were here last.:)The bunks now offer some privacy. The common room contains a TV,VCR,DVD player,microwave,cold and dry storage, work space and electrical outlets for cooking, linen service, and secured lockers. It is air conditioned as well.

The kitchen is no longer.B|
All in all it isnt too shabby.

There is an internet cafe that has been here for several years but does require that you purchase a card for use.
There is also wireless but yep, you have to pay for that.
Hope that helps.:)

I wouldn't count on availability of sheets or pillows... bring a sleeping bag... and in my experience a set of ear plugs aren't exactly a bad idea to help eliminate the loud music.

and sometimes the best Idea might be to sleep your car... (or set up a tent, somewhere away from the party...)

Scott
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

I stayed at skydive Arizona's bunkhouse in the mid 90's. They were horrible back then, dont know how they are now. One evening I had returned from the Bent Prop Bar and was sitting on my bed when I say a giant rat casually walk across the room. Freaked me out. Will never stay there again. You are better off in a tent.

bunkhouses are usually the pits. ive stayed in many and you usually want to get up as early as possible in the morning to shower the smell off you. there are exceptions obviously.........
-------------------------------------------------
Woooaaaaaa!!! Woooaaaa!!! I'm gettin' off it!

The Farms are Brand new freezing cold Ac so bring plenty of blankets. As for the noise, you can't hear anything if your in a room.
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

I stayed at skydive Arizona's bunkhouse in the mid 90's

Did you happen to read the post 2 above yours?;)

A lot has changed since the mid 90sB|

Agreed - they're pretty decent now. The only wildlife I saw was a rabbit or two and those were outside! I stayed there at the end of May and had a comfortable night's sleep. A/C, curtains on the bunks to provide some privacy, showers/bathrooms nearby ... not bad altogether, especially for the price. Granted, at the time there were only three of us rattling around in that big bunkhouse, so we had tons of space and quiet - I'm sure it's a bit more chaotic and loud when it's full (but that's what earplugs are for, right?).

Bunkhouses are definitely going to vary from place to place, and they aren't going to be high-end accomodations. You have to be willing to sacrifice some privacy and comfort for cost and convenience.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke