kansasskydiver

SD Chicago 4th of July weekend

we totally have to jump together!

Hell Yeah! You better jump with me. This is gonna be way better than driving all the way to Virginia. (which I was seriously considering) I'm stoked!

You're gonna have to skool me on some of dat east coast freeflying, show me wasssuup!!!

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."

pretty sure justi and i will be there!

If all the shithot freeflyers weren't gonna be at my DZ for the bonanza I would have to come meet the coolest AerOhio girls! Oh well... next time. :ph34r::)
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

You're gonna have to skool me on some of dat east coast freeflying, show me wasssuup!!!

Oh, I'll skool ya, watch out!:P

Naw, j/k, I think a lot of the progress I was making in my freeflying has been put on hold by my new love for the nylon crack. It's always a difficult choice whether to freefly or birdman.:S

But I still can't wait to jump with you!B|

[If all the shithot freeflyers

But, I though Rook, Melissa, Kate and Mike were all going to be at SDC for the 4th? :P

hehe :):ph34r:;)
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

Joe, you can ride up in the bus. We can pick you up in Omaha or something on the way. She don't go very fast, but OMG does she rock. Just finished putting in the sound and what not today. By far the clearest speakers I've ever heard. The bus has great acoustics too.

She'll travel 9, sleep 4-5 (cuddled up) then floor space. For traveling though, we're gonna have to get a rack for the top or just pile shit up next to the bar. We don't even know what the gas millege is yet on her, but we're assuming it'll cost us a quarter of the distance each way in $$$. So 100 miles would cost us $25 each way... Kinda scary, but with 5 people, it's not that bad anymore

And yes, camp in tent city next to the bus. We're got it set up that we can run off of 3 diff types of pwer. The alternator while she's running, seperate battery cells when we can't plug in, or an rv hookup :)
<--- See look, pink dolphins DO exist!

That is so Awesome!!! Riding up there in the bus will be worth the trip by itself. I can't wait, this is gonna be a riot.

Does the boogie bus have departure and arrival dates for Omaha scheduled? I don't get monday off of work but I'm sure I could make it happen. (or at least find a new job when I get back. jk.)

She'll travel 9, sleep 4-5 (cuddled up) then floor space.

And yes, camp in tent city next to the bus.

Sleep in the bus or do I need to get a tent?

Joe.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."

I believe the schedule is to leave Thursday after work and return monday (4th of july) late evening.

And you'll prob need to bring a tent, I should refrase that it sleeps 4-5 when paired up with the opposite sex lol. There are only really 2 beds then the floor. It's a short bus, we did what we could. Come down this weekend and you can see it

I'll be making my bi-monthly journey back to SDC that weekend. I'll probably be training most of the time though, so not much time to really party or "fun jump"...But at least I'll be there! I don't know what I'm going to do with myself this weekend! That's it, I'm moving back to IL!

Dude!!! You freaking ROCK!!!! I didn't know you were planning on coming out. I'm going to lock myself in my room and stay away from everyone to make sure I don't get my ass sick and can't jump. I plan on jumping my ass off to make up for the Ohio boogie!

I'll be sure to bring the DVD and we can watch it in the party bus. We need to establish where we're all setting up camp. The bus will run off of alternate power for about 8 hours but then it needs to charge, or if we can find a spot t hat has an electrical hookup, within the campgrounds, that'd be the best. If not, we'll just have to move it during the day to plug in and charge.

Sunny, do you know if any of the camping spots have electricity? Doesn't even have to be an RV hookup, just a standard plugin

Sunny, do you know if any of the camping spots have electricity? Doesn't even have to be an RV hookup, just a standard plugin

Lots of the slots just have electricity and no water. As for one being available, i have no clue. Call our wonderful manifest girls (Tori, Tracy, Katie) and ask them. Or we could just drive your bus into the pond, that would be kinda fun too. :)

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!