GodspeedsC5

Jumping Down Under

Making a trip out to Oz this year (my first time) and will be in Sydney and Melbourne for about 2 weeks. The Dropzone Database here has a ton of listings, but which DZ's should I visit if I can only go to a couple?

If your in Sydney then visit http://www.sydneyskydivers.com.au/ its 80Km south of Sydney City Center... and the closest ..

Also has anyone told you that out of the top 10 worlds most deadly animals, you will will find 10 of them here ..... ;)
-----------------------------------------------------------
--+ There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.. --+

Also has anyone told you that out of the top 10 worlds most deadly animals, you will will find 10 of them here ..... ;)

Not true!!!
Of the 25 most deadly animals in the world 23 of them are here in Australia....you can learn the most interesting things at the zoo!!:D

But seriously, if you're going to be in Sydney come and play at Picton aka Sydney Skydivers.

If you're down in 'mexico' (What we call the state of Victoria ;)) then head to Nagambie.

If you're stuck for a lift give a holler...what's your skill level/discipline?
xj

"I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with the earth...but then I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with a car either, and that's having tried both."

Pretty new to the sport, started at the end of last summer. I have a little over a 100 jumps, and have been working primarily on freefly for the last 20 or so. I need to do some freefly coach jumps, I can fly on my back, sit fly, and head down and working on moving in different directions in these positions. Also I am about to start training for a rookie 4-way team for this season. I am headed to Oz in June, so should have at least 250 jumps by then. As soon as I have 200 jumps I will be getting a wingsuit too if I'm not broke.

Anyways I am looking forward to coming down and would love to meet up with some of the Oz skydivers! I will plan to go to Picton!

Another awesome dz that I'd highly recommend near sydney is Gloucester. Its about 3 hours north of Sydney. Much smaller and more personal dz than Picton, lots of fun!

Their website is http://www.tandemskydiving.com.au

I jump at Picton usually, and you'll probably get more jumps in one day at Picton but Gloucester rocks for the friendliness and people seem to have a bit more time for you there (no offence to everyone at picton!) - just depends what you're after really.

Edited to make clicky.
www.TerminalSports.com.auAustralia's largest skydive gear store

If you are heading up Queensland way you are welcome to come play at Ramblers DZ at Toogoolawah, just west of Brisbane. Open 7 days, Cessna Caravans, lotsa freeflyers, well stocked bar. Lots of FUN day and night!

In June there is a Freefly Learning Curve Camp from Mon 6th to Fri 10th followed by a boogie that weeknd to celebrate the dz's 26th anniversary.

Check it all out at www.ramblers.com.au

Susie

If you are heading up Queensland way you are welcome to come play at Ramblers DZ at Toogoolawah, just west of Brisbane. Open 7 days, Cessna Caravans, lotsa freeflyers, well stocked bar. Lots of FUN day and night!

In June there is a Freefly Learning Curve Camp from Mon 6th to Fri 10th followed by a boogie that weeknd to celebrate the dz's 26th anniversary.

Check it all out at www.ramblers.com.au

Susie

Nah you don't wanna go there, it only the 2nd best DZ in Oz (imo);)
You have to come to Perth for the best:D:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Who would want to venture all the way to vandemons land? B| Picton, Ramblers, Nagambie and York are the larger dropzones and I hope to visit them all over the next 12 months. I have only heard good things about them all. There are a number of smaller dropzones that I have heard good things about, however some are tandem only or require c or d licenses.

I can only talk about Skydive Nowra, it has great people and they have rigs/coaches if you feel like doing CReW. They are a cessna dropzone that runs on the weekend.

Below is a list of all the clubs affiliated with the APF
http://www.apf.asn.au/apf_clubs/clubs.asp

We're getting a swoop pond...

Picton's swoop pond (currently under construction) makes all other ozzie swoop ponds look like swoop puddles!!!
:DLMAO:P
xj

"I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with the earth...but then I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with a car either, and that's having tried both."

*ahem*

:P

We're getting a swoop pond, new showers (thank Christ!), and new toilets at the moment! Yay!

Ok.........I knew about the swoop pond (who could miss it!) but new showers and toilets??!! :o

We're getting a swoop pond...

Picton's swoop pond (currently under construction) makes all other ozzie swoop ponds look like swoop puddles!!!
:DLMAO:P

Hey we have the Avon river (well when theres water in it that is);):ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Technically, a river is not a pond...:P

Can anyone remember what the website is for the Picton swoop ocean? Ahem, I mean for the Picton swoop pond?:D
xj

My info is that the two existing dams are being upgraded, that a third is being built down near the gorge somewhere, and that there's a full-on made-out-of-real-bricks sert of facilities being put together. Rockin'.

The swoop pond is 120x35m, to trap water from two underground springs.

My info is that the two existing dams are being upgraded, that a third is being built down near the gorge somewhere, and that there's a full-on made-out-of-real-bricks sert of facilities being put together. Rockin'.

The swoop pond is 120x35m, to trap water from two underground springs.

Whats wrong with the current toliet block..... so long as your wearing a Haz Mat suit there fine.... I dont know why everyone complains ..... :S:S
-----------------------------------------------------------
--+ There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.. --+

My info is ...... that there's a full-on made-out-of-real-bricks sert of facilities being put together. Rockin'.

Real bricks??? This is too good to be true! Maybe one day we'll turn the taps on and won't have to wash our hands with brown chunky water!!! ........well, a girl can dream!:D

My info is ...... that there's a full-on made-out-of-real-bricks sert of facilities being put together. Rockin'.

Real bricks??? This is too good to be true! Maybe one day we'll turn the taps on and won't have to wash our hands with brown chunky water!!! ........well, a girl can dream!:D

Ahh come on, it makes people from Adelaide feel like home.

...to trap water from two underground springs.

Maybe I'm on drugs or something...but if there were underwater springs feeding the former pond, why did it dry out??:S:D

Edited to add:
Will ask the Wingates what's going on....
xj

I asked Master Wingate and in summary, the spring was plugged as "it giveth and it taketh away."
ie it could feed the pond as easily as it may drain it.
:S
xj

I am headed to Oz in June, so should have at least 250 jumps by then. As soon as I have 200 jumps I will be getting a wingsuit too if I'm not broke.

Anyways I am looking forward to coming down and would love to meet up with some of the Oz skydivers! I will plan to go to Picton!

Our wingsuit flock in Oz is growing all the time. Give me a buzz when you get here - I have demo GTi's if you don't yet have a suit.

fergs