base570

CSS anyone 2??

I hope we are all successful, so we can still be jumpin' when we are 60, instead of sitting around breathing oxygen in the hospital.

Keep it up. It's not just your ability to breath thats in question but your ability to heal. When Stuart broke his back his doctor was emphatic about the fact that if he was a smoker his surgery would have been much more extensive and his recovery much longer.
Something to think about when we participate in sports that put us at risk of injury.
I'm rooting for all my newly-non-smokin freinds at CSS!
karen

Rock on man. Glad to hear your joining the us (evil laugh):ph34r: Good luck I am chewing a lot of gum, about a pack of gum a day as compaired to a pack of cirgaretts a day.

The most terrifying words in the English language are: ‘I'm from the government and I'm here to help’. ~Ronald Reagan

30,000,000 legal firearm owners killed no one yesterday.

Yo everyone!

Stomp is playing in Raleigh soon. If you haven't seen this show before, it is really worth seeing! It is a high energy show of improvised percussion... it's tough to explain, you gotta see it! Melissa and I were thinking about going... Is anyone else interested?

STOMP
February 14 - February 19, 2006
Raleigh Memorial Auditorium

Cheapest tickets on weekend are sunday 2/19 at 7pm for $22 (nosebleed section).

Link to Ticket Info http://www.broadwayseriessouth.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Calendar&file=listevents-bss&type=tickets
Keith
"Jump to Live!"

Keith -

YEEEEAHHHH! You go, man! Are you REALLY quitting???? B|B|

This is TOOO cool; kudos. I'm SO happy + proud. :ph34r: I'm gonna PM you my cell# plus a few tips I've learned ... (hint: It's harder than anyone thinks but you CAN do it if you really want to. Another hint: The urge to smoke usually only lasts for 1-2 minutes. If you can get past the original urge every time, you're good :)
We're still very interested in STOMP. Guido will be out in the woods until Sat; so I'll look into getting us tix.

I'm very PROUD of you, man. Keep it up. It's hard, but you can do it!!!

Much respect,
D1

the urge only last about 1-2 minutes????? Now this could be fun to talk about.......
On a serious note: I'm proud of all of you in your goal to quit smoking cigarettes. Life is better when it stays somewhat in balance.

I know we have some Duke/UNC rivalry here so I won't start any mess on this thread :)

Anybody got any Wed afternoon plans to jump? What's the status of weekday loads?
---------------------------------------

Greg- I think you just started it! B|

That was a really good game. I barely made it out alive. That was Eric's first time watching me watch a Duke-unc game... He handled it very well. :D:$

I can't get out there this week, But I think Greg and Billy might be there today.

First and foremost: Good luck to all of you that are quitting smoking. I truly wish you the best. I've seen what it can do to people... plus think of all that extra cash you'll have!

Jumping: I've heard there are some people coming down from chicago for the weekend and will be out there by tomorrow... I changed my work schedule and should be there by 1pm (friday). Anyone else heading that way?

Stomp: I wanna go! If you guys end up deciding to go... and haven't bought tickets yet... lemme know.

See you all this weekend.

I may or may not be out this weekend or the next. I have a physical chemistry test tomorrow, it has been a rediculous bitch. I studied 8 hours today, maybe longer and didn't even go to work.

Keeping a 4.0 sucks ass. Oh well I get to know if I'm in at Carolina soon then who knows I might even have a job that pays worth a shit... With three damned degrees I better. :P

Dawn & all- Thanks for the encouraging words... I'm now on day 5, and have not cheated at all! It hasn't been easy, but I'm determined to succeed this time. Are you still hangin in there Darin?

Dawn/Guido/Emily- It would be cool if we could order our Stomp tickets at same time so we could sit together. Let's discuss this weekend. I'd like to order by sunday, so all the cheap seats don't sell out.

Anyone else wanna see STOMP? Please respond or talk to me at the DZ!
Keith
"Jump to Live!"

Hell yea I am still hanging in there not gonna give up. I can already tell some difference in thing. I.E. Smell, taste, not winded as easily.

The most terrifying words in the English language are: ‘I'm from the government and I'm here to help’. ~Ronald Reagan

30,000,000 legal firearm owners killed no one yesterday.

I wanna see stomp too!!! What day are ya'll going on though. let me know I should be there Sunday morning/afternoon. I'm closing the bar from 4-10 Sunday night but nothing like some Focker Jumps to end the weekend.

Casey aka TaiL FocKEr aka Tess

ps I love you too Alex thanx for the informative pm
--------------TaiL FocKeR OuT-----------------

I was thinking about sunday 2/19 at 7pm for Stomp... Tickets are only $22. There are several other shows on weekend but tickets will be more like $30-35.

We should all discuss sunday at DZ and decide which show works best for everyone.

We should be able to jump sunday, but dress warm! High temp is 40F.... Brrrrrrrr. Don't think I'll jump before noon, cause it will be way too cold.
Keith
"Jump to Live!"

Everyone -

Sorry I haven't been around much; I've had a lot going on. I REALLY missed seeing you all this past weekend - hope you got a lot of great jumps in.

I was down here by Pinehurst this (Sun) afternoon, about 2 p.m., minding my own business, when it started to snow. Big, huge, beautiful snowflakes/flurries. I pictured a lot of COLLLLD hands up at CSS - I hope you guys kept warm!

Eric - how'd the new Katana HMA lineset go? Were the bar tacks a bitch/is it done??? How does it fly now? Lemme know B|!!

Best,
D1
p.s. Marion, you rock
and
p.p.s. D2 has got to be the best Downwind customer in the history of EVER. Kudos, and free Downwind patches forever! Sewn on your jumpsuits for free! (Plus I won't try to rip off your cool Katana .... oops; close one. SSHHH. :P)

Dawn,
We got about 5 loads up yesterday. In the morning there was snow from about 5K on down. It was a really beautiful canopy ride ;)

The HMA was a BITCH to bartack, but it opens so much softer and feels so smooth on the controls now... great stuff, I just hope it lasts.
Egad, A BASE life defiles a bad age.

Dawn,
We got about 5 loads up yesterday. In the morning there was snow from about 5K on down. It was a really beautiful canopy ride ;)

Hey Eric,
did you get to make a jump on the Vamp??? Just wondering.....

Did you get the email from the Charlotte crew about this weekend?

jason

Hey Eric,
did you get to make a jump on the Vamp???

Yeah, and his arms still hurt! :P

Did anyone else see that it's gonna be 67 and partly coudy with 7 mph winds on Thursday? Sweet. I might even let my busted up sinuses get in a plane if it's that warm.

Seriously girl? - is spring finally coming?? Looked for myself ... Yeah!!! That's great news. I hope Tues night is our very last freeze for 2006.

Guido's been in the woods for the past few weeks, sleeping in sub-freezing temps, and now he's sick with a really bad cold. Main reason I was gone Sun - had to cater to his every need ;).

KIDDING! He's actually the most non-whiny guy I've ever had the priviledge to see laid out by an illness :ph34r:.

Take care, everyone.

Best,
D1