Meadman

Sabre vs Sabre 2

Just wondering whats the difference between the two canopys. I jumped a friends sabre 190 and it was just the greatest in landings. Then I jumped a few with a new sabre2 190 and wore the ass out of my new jumpsuit.

Are they effected by lighter loads differntly as i only weigh 135 lbs?

They're not even remotely the same canopy (as you've noticed);).
If you do a search, its been discussed at length before, by people with much more knowledge and experience then me.B|
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

If you're having trouble flaring the Sabre 2... It might've just been that the brake lines were set incorrectly. I had the same problem with a demo canopy until I adjusted them.

The Sabre 2 should have a very strong flare - much stronger then the old Sabre 1.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

I've got 160+ jumps on a Sabre2 and 1 jump last weekend on a Sabre (the same size as the Sabre2). Obviously with only one jump on the Sabre, I can't be a really good judge between the two canopies but here's my observations. While in flight, I didn't notice very much difference between the two canopies but come flare time, my Sabre2 had a much easier and smoother flare. But I can't judge things based on just one jump. I was however happy that the Sabre didn't slam me on opening (as they are known to do?)

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

>If you're having trouble flaring the Sabre 2... It might've just been that the brake lines were set incorrectly.

Or it might be that they are two very different canopies. At 1.1 to 1, you can just bury the toggles on a Sabre 1 and usually land OK. On a Sabre 2, that same move might put you back up at 10 feet with zero airspeed.

>If you're having trouble flaring the Sabre 2... It might've just been that the brake lines were set incorrectly.

Or it might be that they are two very different canopies. At 1.1 to 1, you can just bury the toggles on a Sabre 1 and usually land OK. On a Sabre 2, that same move might put you back up at 10 feet with zero airspeed.

Yeah I figured that out pretty quick when I went from an F111 PD 9cell to a Sabre 2. I had to totally change the way I flared. Now I do smooth flare down to just past my shoulders while maintaining level flight, at about that point I am planed out and have to pick up my feet to avoid hitting the ground and I let it surf for a few feet then finish the flare and it picks me up and sets me on my feet nice and soft.
It doesn't always go that perfect, but that is what I aim for.