UK wind tunnel not opening...

Be interesting to know how much more they needed. Depends how much they need, but they could always offer a share scheme like others have done.

If France can have one then the UK certainly can! And given that it would be the largest one in the world has got to draw a lot of people from Europe as well!

Agreed.....surely the UK cant be so far behind in its skydiving population that we cant get at least one tunnel in the country......I mean i'm sure it would be abso packed....with SD'vers never mind....non SD'vers....

I only hope that the other project for a tunnel here gets off the ground...

I dunno why I even posted that......I still think tunnel time for skydivers is cheatin' ...lol;)

i think the problem is that they are trying to open 2 differant ones so they are splitting the sponsorships ?

I've only just started skydiving but i know about wind tunnels and was going to find out about them in the UK now ive started jumping, its sad to hear that UK doesnt yet have a wind tunnel and that the date for this one hasnt been able to be upheld because of funding problems. As a newbie to the sport i would have liked to have gone in the wind tunnel for the closest thing to get experience for free fall and then manover practice after that.

http://www.extremebodyflight.co.uk/

Not completely unexpected but still disappointing.

Let's hope Skyventure manage to get theirs off the ground...

Hopefully Skyventure is gradually getting closer to getting the money needed as you can see...

I promised to keep you updated as and when news came in.

We have now seen documentation showing that our potential investors have access to funds and a schedule of when they maybe available to their investments.

At the moment we expect to meet with them w/c 13th September with a view to agreeing final terms. The funds should become available around 30th September if all goes to plan.

I will keep you informed…… could this be the final funding furlong?

Regards

Simon

Simon Ward 01793 771037 or mobile on 07074 746669 [for sms txt, use 07970 226180]. All UK numbers, prefix +44

Visit www.skyventure.co.uk for news on the UK's first vertical wind tunnel, the home of indoor skydiving

See adventure and other photos at www.clubphoto.com then type in sward to access albums

We will be making 'official' announcments when we have crossed the T's and dotted the 'I's....

Concious that there in the past has always been false hopes, we have always tried to avoid selling pipe dreams!

I will say at this stage that the current proposals are a real alternative to the funding that was lost previously.

So, watch this space...:)
Paul

Bodyflight Bedford
www.bodyflight.co.uk

Will do Dawn... :)
The guys are flying over on Monday for a couple of days so we should bottom alot out then...

So by the end of next week we should have a good idea of where we are going.

Providing we can come to a solution with our cooling suppliers things are looking optimistic.

:P

Paul

Bodyflight Bedford
www.bodyflight.co.uk