sunnydee123

Spaceland - July 4th......

Well after a great offer from a great pal (:Pluv my little Mel). I booked my trip to go play at Spaceland and am super duper happy!

Not really sure what is going on there, hoping someone somewhere close will do fireworks since I just LOOOOOVE fireworks but I'm just anxious to get there and jump lots.

Crossing my fingers and holding my breath hoping Trent and Jed might be willing to take a little breakey-wakey from training to make a jump with me since I'm coming all that way :P

Regardless, it's going to be a fun weekend I'm sure so who is gonna be around and wants to play on their head with me? B|

See you Texas folks soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dreams become reality, one choice at a time...

Why couldn't you wait just another couple weeks and come to Skyfest? Skyfest is the largest boogie in Texas. All of SD Aggieland will be there, its at Spaceland, its gonna kickass!
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Why couldn't you wait just another couple weeks and come to Skyfest? Skyfest is the largest boogie in Texas. All of SD Aggieland will be there, its at Spaceland, its gonna kickass!

I'll be there too:)
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

I coming also and very cool of Todd to not bitch and just join in the fun.
If you cant beatem' joinem'

Be nice if other wingsuit flyers would commit to being there also. As it stands now 2 confirmed

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid

Is there anything going on at Spaceland this weekend? I bumped into the Anomaly crew at the IMAX on Friday. They said it was wet as hell from the rain. Steve needs to pave that runway. See you guys this weekend HOPEFULLY.........;)

You dont't get to choose how you're going to die. Or when.......You can only decide how you're going to live........NOW.
-BASE 1605 Night BASE 227

Oh man-oh man-oh man....Texas...Rain.....I totally forgot about the storms they've been having. [:/] sunnydee panics and starts calling in favors to the weather gods now...

We'll I'll just bring my OLD sneakers ;) and hope for the best!

@ Aggiedave....sorry pal - Had Skyfest on the calendar but it is the same darn weekend as a swoop comp for my guy ;)

Hey Trent...give us an update on the conditions out there. How wet is it? Are you guys flying yet? I am hoping to come out Friday if its not to wet.

You dont't get to choose how you're going to die. Or when.......You can only decide how you're going to live........NOW.

I don't think I know "Stevie" but if I can bat my eyes, beg nicely and get him to make a jump with me too....

Dee, sweetie, you don't have to do all THAT to get Stevie's attention. He's the biggest sweetheart and will totally help you out in any way possible when he's available! And if nothing else, you can take the bottom of the barrel and fly feet up with yours truly! :P
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Alli
P.M.S. #3

If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions.

OK I've been watching the weather report and they SAY it looks like the rain will stop Thursday or Friday. Can someone from there PLEASE talk to me about if things will be or have been flying. PLEEEEASE!

I mean I'd love to just come see the dz but the whole point is to be able to jump.

And to my little hot mama Alli....YOU, girlfriend are TOP of the barrel in my book;) I can't wait to make another jump with you - sure hope it's in a few days [:/]:)

I'm not at the DZ, but it rained a whole lot more last week and we were jumping last weekend. Not much; the runway was pretty slimy, but there were 7 loads on Saturday, and who knows how many on Sunday.

So if it's not raining or cloudy right then, I'd say come. There was a huge amount of rain last week, and nothing close to that this week.

Yet :S

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Here is the weather report for Houston Friday and Saturday: 20% scattered showers, Highs in the mid 90's, Lows in the mid 70's. What will probably happen is it will rain for an hour or so. Then the sun will come out and be HOT as hell. Hey Sunnydee, I will be out Friday and most likely Saturday. Look me up and I will make a jump or two with ya.

Getting into Houston at 740pm Friday so not thinking I'll be out and about THAT night - but I'll be at the DZ bright and early taking FULL advantage of the sunshine I am CONFIDENT we'll have :P and then I'm hoping to see a little of the "town" Saturday night.

Is Texas good for Mexican food? I'm craving it something horrible :S

Is Texas good for Mexican food? I'm craving it something horrible

girl, they have some DeeLicious Mexican food in Houston (Authentic)! maybe we can even convince beanie or trent to make us some Venezuelan food:

Arepa

A plain fried corn pancake. They are filled with almost anything, including eggs and tomato for breakfast, beef, chicken, ham, sausage, shrimp or cheese....mmmm!

Arepas are sooooooooooo GOOD!

jJ & i can't wait to see you dee! we have directions to the airport B|.

i am really hoping the weather will be pleasant for us, and we can play lots and lots @ spaceland! yaaaaaay! i miss my spaceland-family so freaking much* look out trenty, beanie & stevie... me & jJ* are going to hug you guys so hard you will Pop like a firecracker... and you too dee!

~ meL* Pink Mafia / Tunnel Mafia Sister

Texas has the best Mexican food on the planet.....Everyone else just thinks they have good mexican food. Here are a few places I like. They also have KILLER ritas. Guadalarhara(sp) on the SW freeway, Adobe cafe in the Montrose area, Pappacitas are all over town, Gringo's down South. I am sure you will find some good Mex food. You wont have to look to hard. Shit......your making my hungry...:P

OOOooo my little Melly-Kaleekee-Maka....I'm getting all excited to come to Texas now, DESPITE seeing the weather channel and the "flooding in Houston". As for the weather, a little water in the landing area might almost make me feel like a cool swooper ;), since I am working on my riser turns these days B| ...or it will give me time to pick brains on my headdown progression :)

Ritas on the rocks, chips and salsa and Mexican food - YUM! I might have to be persuaded into trying the other stuff but I also don't know many boys that can cook :P (hey Mel, wonder if they like challenges):P

See everyone in just over a day ~

Well I have to say, I was REALLY SUPER DUPER glad I made the trip to Spaceland. First off it was just great to see some old pals again, plus I left a rainy Florida and arrived in a SUNNY Texas ;)

As for the DZ - THAT PLACE ROCKS for sure. All the people were great (and there were some cool people around :P), the DZ itself really is something just for us skydivers and being from hot and muggy summertime Florida, you have NO IDEA how MUCH I loved that air conditioned packing area. HOLY COW! Days started kinda slow (it was slower than norm from what I was told) but I still managed to make 7 great jumps each day.

Special thanks to Mel and Jason for picking my butt up and carting me around all weekend (luv ya's bunches). Thanks to Trent, Jed and Stevie for the hospitality and making all my rides to altitude humorous B| - love you guys too! Thanks to Kat for the jumps and gear help ;) and thanks to ALL the Spaceland locals for making me feel so welcome - I don't think I stopped smiling all weekend!!! I will be back for sure!

Didn't get to see any real fireworks but ya know, it wasn't a big deal cause I jumped all day and spent quality time with some great friends ~ who could ask for more! :)

Special thanks to Mel and Jason for picking my butt up and carting me around all weekend (luv ya's bunches).

and we love you too dee! it was our pleasure to chauffeur our little girl around houston :P* we are still laughing at all the funny statements you made over the weekend :D!

thanks to ALL the Spaceland locals for making me feel so welcome

yaaaaaaay! we had AREPAS!!!!! mmmmm, were they good or what? yvette, annie & jed were totally cooking it up venezuelan-style!

did i ever mention how much Spaceland ROCKS!

Didn't get to see any real fireworks but ya know, it wasn't a big deal cause I jumped all day and spent quality time with some great friends ~ who could ask for more! :)

awww, that makes me so happy and teary-eyed all at the same time! love you Lots Dee!

i really hope you and greggy can make it to skyfest at Spaceland! then you can show off your New Odyssey B| ~ yeah yeah dee's sporting the new javey!!

~ meL* Pink Mafia / Tunnel Mafia Sister