Dan

Perris IHOP

Hello all. Has anyone stayed in the IHOP at Perris valley? I'm out in Perris between the 10 and 29 May and am booked to stay in it. Should I bring a sleeping bag, pillows or sheets or anything? I'm travelling from the UK so hopefully not.
Thanks in advance for any help.
All the best
Dan ;)

Hi Dan,

I've stayed there several times during some big way stuff.

You'll be sleeping in bunk room set ups, several people to a room. We had a guy that snored one time:P but we moved him to a room that was empty for the next night.

The bathrooms have been clean, but I got up early and out early. You might have to wait if it's real full but I've never had to wait more than 10 mins.

Speaking of "full" it never has been when I've stayed. I'm not sure if some of the "locals" keep a bed - by just leaving stuff on them. Many had sleeping bags but nobody stayed in them.

The kitchen seem well stocked, although I never cooked there.

They have rules about parties after hours. They aren't as stricked as I might have liked - but then again I'm old and like my sleep. One night we got up to ask the folks to quiten down and found it was the "house farthers" friends and the worse sin they drink OUR BEER! But they quiten down and the beer was replaced the next day!

I haven't stayed since the wind tunnel opened so don't know if it is to load. I would stay again because it is just so damn cheap and easy. You can party at the dz bar and walk to the IHOP. The bar isn't jumping all the time but again good enough for an old guy.

Ever time I've stayed there were blankets on the bed, and they had towels for the bathroom.

Hope this helps, have fun be safe!

This is from the Perris website:

The I.H.O.P. (International House of Parachuters) is located on the DZ. The IHOP has three (3) bedrooms and sleeps a maximum of 24 people. The house is fully furnished, towels and linens, fully equipped kitchen, dining room, three showers, two toilets, and laundry facilities.

So it sounds like you don't need to bring any of that stuff...

Have a good trip! Maybe I'll run into you out there...

Has anyone stayed in the bunk houses? Are they similar to the IHOP or is that wishful thinking?

Dan, I'll be out there May 20-23 for some tunnel time and fun jumping. Maybe I'll run into you.
Arizona Drive 4-Way VFS - www.DriveVFS.com

The Bunk House is a long hallway with small rooms that have 4 bunk beds in each. There is a shared bathroom at the end of the hall. It is quiet and fairly secluded. It is also furnished with sheets and such if I remember correctly.

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

I have actually called both my home at one point.

The Bunk house gives you all the sheets and blankets also. The only bad thigs about the bunk house really are the thin walls and the lack of windows (there are none). It is bad enough to have to wake up to your neighbors doing the nasty let alone not even know what timeit is when they wake you up.

But you can't beat the price.
Dom

I would stay in the IHOP if it's available.
The bunkhouse is nice too. I've stayed in both.

The Bunkhouse is closer to the Bomb Shelter it's a hallway with rooms and a bathroom.

The IHOP is a real house, it has a kitchen and a TV/DVD in the living room. A little more fun to hang out.

The IHOP also has a jacuzzi in the back which is nice after a long day of jumping!

Bring EAR PLUGS!!!

The IHOP also has a jacuzzi in the back which is nice after a long day of jumping!

The hot tub is gone now. That thing was a collecting pool for chlorine after a while. They never cleaned it and somebody just kept pouring more and more chlorine into it until you couldn't even get your face close to it without it burning.
Dom

Just stayed in the IHOP (International House of Parachutists). for 9 days. It was easily tolerable, and much more convenient than hotels. I had a good room in the main house, only 4 beds. All were early risers like me.
The main house bathroom drain (and kitchen sink drain) were not so good, but the other shower drains were fine. I would guess about 20 beds in the place.
There are 4 showers in three bathrooms. There are 3 toilets.
No tv reception, only poorly received channel 4 & 5.
No cables for DVD player. VHS works fine.
Kitchen is available.
All linens supplied.
I would stay there again (maybe for nationals, but it's probably already full).
Troy

I am now free to exercise my downward mobility.

I just spent three weeks there - its fine.

Alex Allen is currently running the place and doing an awsome job of it. Say hi to him for me - he's a cool guy.

1. Label your food: There is a sensible rule that you can eat/drink anything not labled so Alex doesn't have to constantly clean out the fridge from all the rotten shit people leave behind.

2. Eat anything not labled: (see 1).

3. Keep the place clean: think of Alex.

4. Fill in a page in the visitors book.

5. Hold the flusher down on the toilet for a few seconds or it'll end up blocked at some point during your stay.

6. Try and get into Room A or B as they are single beds instead of bunks and there are far fewer people in the rooms minimising the chance of a snorer.

IHOP is great.

I stayed there in Feb when I went out to do some tunnel.

Hell of a deal.

I was going to stay in the bunkhouse, but the freaking rooms are so small I figured I'd wake up with someone screaming DOOOOR!!!!! and piss myself thinking I was sleeping in a Cessna.

Honestly, I'm a spelunker and the bunkhouse still made me claustrophobic!;)

IHOP is good. Bunkhouse too if you like sleepin in a closet! :P

have fun,

Jack
It's a gas, gas, gas...

Nope, there's no secure storage space that I'm aware of. Best bet is to put stuff under your bed or lock it in the trunk of your car (if you have one, that is).
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Is it secure?

If you have valuables, like a camera, etc. Can you lock it somewhere like a locker, or a room?

Thanks

I didn't have any problems when I stayed there. Of course, my friend and I had a room with two beds to ourselves and we jammed all our stuff in the closet. However, you never know.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban