diveout

Wildwood, NJ swoop festival

Anybody out there got any info on the July 30-July 4th swoop festival in Wildwood, NJ?

I can get a killer deal on a plane ticket into Philly and just wondering if anyone has any info in addition to the links from canopypiloting.com.

Anyone already planning on driving up gonna be near philly and wanna pick me up from the airport?

Yea,

I've seen that info, I was wondering if someone had anything further like the schedule for the event itself between the 30th and the 4th. I guess that will be upcoming in the next couple of weeks. Last year there was online registration and everything.

I was planning to fly in on the 28th or the 29th, I still havn't booked an acutal flight yet.

Just got the email:

For accommodations competitors may want to try the Days Inn first as it has been checked out for proximity, cost, and availability. You can reach them at (609) 522-0331 tel (609) 522-2018 fax or www.daysinnwildwood.com. There are four different room styles available ranging from $150 - $300 per night. The rooms can sleep 6 and all have kitchenettes. There were a few slots left at Beachcomber Camping Resort just on the outskirts of town that looked good for RV's, but has almost the same cost for tents. They can be reached at (609) 886-6035 tel (609) 886-0289 fax or 1-800-233-0150 or [email protected] - www.beachcombercamp.com. Competitors and other attendees are urged to make arrangements for accommodations ASAP as the area is known for booking up early for the July 4th weekend.

Remember, Wildwood is D license minimum.

Hope to see you all there! B|

Action expresses priority. - Mahatma Ghandi

So I booked a flight, I arrive in Philly @9 am on the 29th, then fly out the evening of the 4th.

see all you cats there, if anybody knows that they're going, send me a pm or e-mail if they think they could pick me up from the airport.

looking to get a ride to and from if possible, will share driving time, split hotel/ condo room.
--or pack your reserve if you're gonna need it done .

You've taken the first and most important step.........admitting you have a problem........

Don't worry dude, the peeps at X-Keys have this really freaky power to make everything happen. I think it's something in the air (like skydivers), last time I was up, they put a flag man complete with flashlight and cell phone out in the pouring rain at midnight (no bullshit) to marshall me in to the Top House. If that ain't commitment to getting people where they need to be, I don't know what is. Just pray that Selwyn isn't driving:)

Coming soon to a bowl of Wheaties near you!!

Rum is just for the greater good. Think of it like this: If
I owe you 25 bucks, and I pay it to you in cash, only you get to enjoy it. Now, if I owed you $25 and we are going to the same party, and I tell you that since I owe you $25 I'll pick up a bottle of rum for you while I'm at the store, as a result all of the people at the party get to enjoy the represented $25, I have alleviated my debt to you as per our phone agreement, and as a bonus I get props for bringing the rum. It's really for the greater good.

Now...about this ocean front property I'm selling in Arizona......................................................

Coming soon to a bowl of Wheaties near you!!

Hey gang....I've checked everywhere and can't find more specifics but do you know if the actual swoop comp runs for the entire event? I need to know when we should get flights and how long we are going to get raped on those damn seasonal room rates [:/] I'm from Jersey and know how the summers work :o

Thanks gang...see some of ya'll there, unless I venture other where in hopes of cheaper prices and more peeps to play with :P

Dreams become reality, one choice at a time...

I'm planning on being there from the morning of the 29th to the evening of the 4th, I'll be flying in the advances series comp even though I'm not sure (I guess no one is) what the dates and times of the comp are

About the rooms- If you/we pile enough people into one room we should be able to break it down to $35 or so per person per night-not cheap but almost tolerable.

Still looking for people to commit to sharing a room-sent me a pm

Oh man...I'm starting to come up with ALL sorts of questions now. Like....

1)Where do the planes take off from?
2)How long do the comps run in the AM (and how much fun jumping can be done afterwards)?
3)Is there packing areas?

I need to pick someone's brain to sort out if this would be a good investment in my vacation time/dollars

Dreams become reality, one choice at a time...

Funny thing, for work I had to fly to Wildwood, NJ yesterday. It's still a pretty decent distance from the coast. Maybe not as far as Panama but it's still going to be a drive. At least there is a resturant at the Airport that should be open for summer.

I don't understand where Destin, FL hasn't been a consideration for a PST stop. The airport is maybe 5-7min from the beach.

Dave

Crosskeys does this boogie every year.

No complaints or bitchin' so far...

Just come on out and have some FUN!

Beach jumps out of a skyvan or chopper - nice weather - amusement parks and water parks - Atlantic City less than half an hour away - a kick ass swoop comp - load organizing and coaching - a shitload of awesome flyers - and one hell of an amazing party!

:P

Action expresses priority. - Mahatma Ghandi