okalb

Z-hills 4-way Scrambles - Sunday, March 7th

Hi Everyone,

Skydive City/Zhills will be hosting a 4-way scrambles meet on Sunday March 7th. Those of you that participated at the meet we had last July will probably remember what a great day we had. The huge turnout that we had last time (9 teams) is going to be blown away based on the interest I have gotten so far on this event.

For those of you that missed the last one, here is how it works. All participants are separated into one of four skill level groups. One name from each group is randomly selected and that becomes your team for the day.

We have some very experienced 4-way people helping out and they will be on hand to coach as well as captain teams for the day.

The meet will consist of 4 rounds drawn from the IPC dive pool. The cost of the event is 4 regular jump tickets plus a $30 registration fee to cover the cost of video for every jump. Cool prizes will be distributed to the winning teams.

If you are interested, please be at the DZ by 8:00 AM on Sunday, March 7th. If you plan to be there, please let me know by PM just so I can have a better idea of how many people to expect.

Hope to see you then
-Oren

www.skydivecity.com
Time flies like an arrow....fruit flies like a banana

Minimum jump requirements?

Pretty much all skill levels are welcome. I don't want to put a jump number requirement on it. I think most people know if they are qualified to participate. Last year we had a person with only 70 jumps on the winning team, so it is hard to say.

-OK

Pretty much all skill levels are welcome

And thats what I wanted to hear. I would hate for a guy with "X" number of jumps to think he can't come.

I think its a good thing, and it did go well last time....
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Minimum jump requirements?

Pretty much all skill levels are welcome. I don't want to put a jump number requirement on it. I think most people know if they are qualified to participate. Last year we had a person with only 70 jumps on the winning team, so it is hard to say.

-OK

We just had an impromtu 4-way scramble at Spaceland with a 10 team turnout. My team came in first with me as the newbie (57 jumps). I would recommend all newbie jumpers to take advantage of a GREAT learning experience! It's a blast!
Blue Skies!!!
Kimmy

Oren & Drew have already signed up about 40 Zhills locals, including the following dz.com posters:

heatherb
ladyskydiver
stacy
skybrat68
sikorsky
rick
mwolfe
marcandalysse
galen
jerm
happythoughts (I'm assuming?! C'mon Bill!)
AND arlo to ensure that a little havok is wreaked.

If you're worried about "can I do this" or "I'll hold everyone back"... as in last July's meet, Bob Healy will be there to help out teams with engineering, exits and overall coaching. We had people with 60 jumps, CRW dogs who haven't gone terminal in forever and freefliers who haven't been on their bellies since AFF all rocking it out. Don't worry about it. Come on out!

Oren & Drew have already signed up about 40 Zhills locals, including the following dz.com posters:

heatherb
ladyskydiver
stacy
galen
skybrat68
sikorsky
rick
mwolfe
marcandalysse
galen
jerm

If you're worried about "can I do this" or "I'll hold everyone back"... as in last July's meet, Bob Healy will be there to help out teams with engineering, exits and overall coaching. We had people with 60 jumps, CRW dogs who haven't gone terminal in forever and freefliers who haven't been on their bellies since AFF all rocking it out. Don't worry about it. Come on out!

added galen to the list. :)
__

heatherb
ladyskydiver
stacy
skybrat68
sikorsky
rick
mwolfe
marcandalysse
galen
jerm

Thanks for posting that. I was a little unsure whether I should be participating or not.

I figured you were unsure...thats why as the one who wears the pants in your relationship I already decided for you.

Sounds great....we are starting at 8:00 because it will take us a while to get everyone registered and sort out the teams. If you plan to come for the weekend, look me up on Saturday and let me know you are there.

See you then
-OK

arrghh. you didn't say i had to wake up at the butt crack of dawn. ouch. :P

matt, cool you're gonna come out and do some belly action. it's gonna be alot of fun and i'm sure everyone will have fun.

oren is a great organizer...until he picks on me. then he's a jackass. :P

xoxo,
a

oren is a great organizer...until he picks on me. then he's a jackass. :P

I never pick on your skydiving. I can't help it if all the dropzone dogs start to disappear when you come to town. Damn Koreans :P

If he picks on you , just smack him in the forehead with your altimeter. :ph34r: Not that I've EVER done that.... :D__

I still have a dent in my forehead from that. Hey maybe you should get one of those neptunes. They look like they won't hurt as much!

As of 1 week before the event we are now up to 12 teams worth of participants. This is shaping up to be an awesome event. We have lined up some great prizes and coaches as well. I look forward to seeing you all there.

-OK

The turnout is getting so overwhelming that I am starting to seriously worry about having enough video people. If anyone out there is interested in coming to z-hills to help out shooting video for the meet this sunday, pm me or email me at [email protected] for the details on what we are paying and all that other good stuff.

Thanks
-OK