Airborne03

New Years?

Yes, ZHills does midnight jumps on NYEve every year (climate permitting, of course) and has a ROCKING party. THere's a band, Janine serves up some dinner (with some dort of vegitarian alternative usually), there are 4-5 RW organizers and some FF Organizers as well, the pond which provides entertainment in itself, usually some pyrotechnics, and then if that's not enough the Finns are in town.

New Years day is pretty rough. This year on NY day the event is "hangover hybrids." :ph34r:

Well, you jump in Deland. There's usually a pretty good party that goes on. It has been at the Holiday Inn the last few years.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

yea i cant help but notice the pictures that hang at the perfect spot resturant from last years new years party. didnt know if anything was going on. i saw you jump at deland? you jump there alot? i prob have seen u a bunch of times!

PS: i think i should start a new poll...why does deland never do night jumps!!!!

"Airborne all the way"
EL Cantador Rodriguez

Yep, I've been jumping in Deland for 2 1/2 years, about every other weekend. I'll be there this weekend, but I won't be jumping because I'm gimpy. [:/]

A bunch of us did night jumps in Deland in June out of the Porter.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Yea ofcourse I got my AFF done in the beggining of april...and i was bugging deland for night jumps once i got 50 jumps like a month later. I was sent away for Army Airborne school for a month, and i got a call when i was there from a friend jumpnig who said they did night jumps. Never got a chance to do it [:/]...ill proboly be up there sunday. maybe ill see you there!

and why should i wear a skirt to deland? i dunno about that one!

"Airborne all the way"
EL Cantador Rodriguez

actually i am one of the few 5 jump chumps without a night jump and only one combat jump....we had a two star general comming to visit his grandson on his graduation the day before july 4th this summer...and it was the same time a tropical storm came through the area, so we didnt get all the planned jumps in...still did get 5 jumps including one from 800 feet which was intereting

"Airborne all the way"
EL Cantador Rodriguez

here is how my week went...

sat - 1 jump...hollywood...daytime
sun - rained otu
monday - 1 jump hollywood, 1 jump combat (both daylight)
tuesday - 1 jump hollywood
wed - rained out (suppose to be combat night jump)
thursday - 1 jump hollywood onto fryar field..graduated on the field.

however my logbook for the army reads 1 night jump, 2 combat jumps..go figure!

"Airborne all the way"
EL Cantador Rodriguez

I've seen midnight NY's jumps many times at Skydive DeLand, although I'm not sure about this year.

I did hear from someone in mgt a few weeks back that the NYE party would be held at the DZ this year (instead of the Holiday Inn).

Here's what their website has to say:

Ultimate Holiday Boogie
Dec 23 - Jan 06, 2004

Skydive DeLand has always been the site of an extended boogie, and this year's winter holiday season is no exception! Join in on the fun, try a bird-man suit, do some CRW, throw yourself at the sky!

From AFF training and certification to world class competition, team and record formation flat-flying, through advanced vertical body and performance canopy flight, our fleet of high-powered aircraft and top notch staff guarantee you a memorable holiday vacation.

So hang out, have fun and hop into the upcoming swoop meets, the Christmas Day Dinner (bring an open dish) and New Year's Eve party, and enjoy meeting skydivers from around the world this holiday season.