Raefordite

Short Notice but worth it! May 2 - 4th

http://www.pattersonschool.org/events/upcoming-events.asp
I know this is short notice, but lets get a bunch of skydivers together to raise a little money!! The fund raiser is for the Patterson School.

Raeford Parachute Center is moving it's tandem operation to
The Patterson School
4646 Patterson School Drive
Hwy. 268
Lenoir, NC 28645

for the weekend of May 2 - 4th.

For all up jumpers, the cost is $20 per slot, RPC is donating $2 of every jump to the school.
They will also have a hot air balloon to jump from!
http://www.pattersonschool.org/events/ArtsAndCraftsFestival/General%20Public%20Flyer.htm

A dorm will be made available for sleep and showers, bring a sleeping bag, etc. I'm sure camping will be allowed.

Contact Raefordite (Kate Griesser) at Raeford Parachute Center for more information!

The Patterson School is a private, non-profit, co-educational, non-denominational, multi-cultural boarding and day school for grades seven through twelve. The Patterson School is dedicated to providing family-oriented college-preparatory education for the development of the whole person. A Patterson education develops skills, knowledge, experience, and attitudes required for a student to get into the college of choice and to be successful and happy in his or her future life. Instrumental to this success is the development of seven qualities which form the foundation of a Patterson education: Knowledge, Reasoning, Integrity, Courtesy, Health, Creativity, and Versatility.

Be advised: this is one of our new deals that we hope will turn into a yearly function. I, master of time and space, will be in Panama City Beach representing RPC shool, Performance Designs, and the Monkey Kingdom at the PST pro tour stop. That being said, I will have all my fellow RPC staff shoiwing our stuff in Lenoir. Chris Wagner will be staying back at Raeford running the school in my absence, while the majority of the othe rmonkeys will be flying up in the Otter. If you want to fly up on the plane and do something "different" for a weekend, call Kate, Tony, or me at Raeford: (910)904-0000. Get here and it's likely that we can fly you up there with the crew on our Otter.

Chuck

The landing area is very large. As large if not larger than most DZ's. However an A license is mandatory, I strongly recommend at least a B license holder.

There will most likely NOT be room for extra jumpers and friends to join us on the aircraft. :( Sorry, I need to take a lot of equipment and staff and a max weight for the Twin Otter is limiting.

However - if interested in car pooling, e-mail me and I will try to coordinate folks riding together.

Here are MapQuest Directions:

=Turn onto US-74 W. 85.77 miles
=Merge onto I-277 N/NC-16 N. 2.00 miles
=Merge onto I-77 N/US-21 N via exit number 5A toward I-85/STATESVILLE. 2.21 miles
=Merge onto I-85 S via exit number 13B toward SPARTANBURG. 21.45 miles
=Take the US-321 N exit- exit number 17- toward DALLAS/LINCOLNTON/GASTON COL. 0.13 miles
=Turn LEFT onto N CHESTER ST/US-321 N. Continue to follow US-321 N. 56.36 miles
=Turn RIGHT onto NC-268. 0.95 miles
=Turn RIGHT onto NC-268. 3.08 miles
=Turn LEFT onto PATTERSON SCHOOL RD (Portions unpaved). 0.04 miles
=PATTERSON SCHOOL RD becomes unnamed road. 0.07 miles
DESTINATION:

4646 Patterson School Rd
Lenoir, NC
28645-6562 US
828-758-2374
These directions are informational only. No representation is made or warranty given as to their content, road conditions or route usability or expeditiousness. User assumes all risk of use. MapQuest and its suppliers assume no responsibility for any loss or delay resulting from such use.

I went out to the Patterson School in October to hang out with Bill and his lovely wife for a day, and let me just say that theirs and the schools hospitality was outstanding. The facilities are great, the people are cool, and the scenery will be great from the sky (didn't get to make a skydive but I'm guessing It'll be sweet since it's near the mountains). I was planning to be able to make it out there for the festival; hang with friends, eat some great food, make a skydive or two (maybe even a BASE jump!!).
Should be fun.. hope my schedule stays clear.

Jason M.

For all up jumpers, the cost is $20 per slot, RPC is donating $2 of every jump to the school.
They will also have a hot air balloon to jump from!
http://www.pattersonschool.org/events/ArtsAndCraftsFestival/General%20Public%20Flyer.htm

Hey Kate, the flyer says tethered balloon rides... does this mean low altitude jumps?!?!?!:ph34r: From what I've gathered you can't go too high with a tether. I've done numerous 500ft balloon jumps that were tethered, but it seemed going any higher woulds be more problematic than it was worth.

Just wondering...
Jason

Since we are expecting the FAA to be lounging around, I doubt jumps from a tethered balloon is, lets say,,,,,,,available. However, I understand their is a 10 person basket that will be launched for skydivers!!! I am not yet sure what the charge will be. I'll get back when I know!

Can we start a list to see who's going? I would really like to go but I want to make sure I have people to play with in the air. I'm kinda done with solos (the time I wasted when I could have been learning RW.. tsk tsk).

Dragontail
Raefordite (will you be fun jumping?)
base570
DaGimp
dbattman

Mouth - I just left a number of drunk monkey at Raeford. Not surprising, but added three more folks to join us in Lenoir. I must know now if you are attending and want a slot on a balloon for a jump. I am not sure of the cost. I am checking.

So - everyone - let me know if you are coming and what accommodations you are looking for so I can help you out! blue skies! Kate

Kate,

Who is drunk monkey??? (Not me yet!)

I don't think I want to do a balloon jumps, but if you come across a helicopter I'm all over it. I'm thinking about driving straight from here and will give you a definite ASAP.

Lisa

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

So - everyone - let me know if you are coming and what accommodations you are looking for so I can help you out! blue skies! Kate

Hey Kate,
I talked to a bunch of people at the Carolina League meet this weekend and more than a couple are very interested in attending. They are trying to get as much info as possible before committing... just like skydivers, huh?!
Do you know if there will be any RV hookups? How much space is available in the "dorms"? What are the costs??
interested parties...
BASE570
"big way" Lane
HoneyBee
Maaarrty
Karen
Ottobond
PJ
Killa
Captain
Pablo
possibly a few more.

Thanks for any info,
Jason

Looks like we will most likely be there. This weeks work load will let us know! Just need more info on the dorms etc...

We can't wait to spend a beautiful weekend in the beautiful mountains, beautiful landscape and no insects, well, maybe a sweat bee or two!

Love,
Jan and Kathie

Killa and I are talking about it as I type. It'll be another one of those *8 (more like 12) hours in a car weekends, but It looks like its gonna be a cool raod trip. (bring it on...)

It was great to see you guys at the meet this weekend :) Now Im hooked :)

big eyes n grinz
Pj

You are led through your lifetime by the inner learning creature, the playful spiritual being that is your real self.-Richard Bach

BRING IT ON! And yes, I was yelling!! Yippeee!

Mouth - sorry honey, I dropped the "s"
Should have read "I just left a number of drunk monkeys at Raeford." As in more than one drunk sky monkey..... But I especially like the drunk monkey name. We shall have to ask SM1 to reserve it for a special person. Which reminds me, has SM1 blessed Kris with Dammit Monkey name yet?:D

No RV hook ups that are 30 amp. Bring a 110v extension cord. We can at least get you that. These guys are excited to have us all there and more than accommodating. Great people.

NO charge for sleeping in the dorm - bring a pillow and sleeping bag.

NO charge for extension cord plug in.

Remember this is a fund raiser. I have promised $2 per jumper to go to the school and have reduced my tandem rates so they can make money. The more you skydivers jump, the more I can donate!

Anyone interested in a hot air balloon jump? The price is $100 to 7 - 10,000 ft. I am working with them now to reduce the altitude to 5,000 ft, possibly lowering the price. What do you think? I have only jumped a hot air balloon once, $60 to 5,000 but that was 6 years ago.

Richard,

I was picking on ya, and you know it.

I'm still not sure about what is going to happen this weekend. I'll send you a PM and fill you in on the scoop. I'm still working on heading up that way though if at all possible. Somehow I can't imagine all the monkeys and dragons being terribly upset if I can't make it.....quiet maybe but not upset.;)

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

Now on to the balloon jumps. At is time they plan on 2 jumps. 1 Saturday evening
the other Sunday morning (Maybe another one Sunday evening) The balloon will climb @ 750 per.min. w/2,000 lb pay load. The tough part is the pilot bringing it down w/ only 1 person on board. They will launch the balloon far enough up wind to get altitude and be close to the exit point.This is a little different but they know it will work.(trust me the check is in the mail).
So make your balloon reservations now! Looks like the price and altitude is as above. PM or find me somehow!

Kate,

Do we need to make reservations for the dorms....if they are limited ill sleep in my tent...no biggie...less of a distance to stumble to. But i would like a warm bed. But like i said, ill take my tent and air matress, and any female company ;) if the dorms are needed for out-of-towners. Take care love, see you in two days. Late Fri or early Sat ill be pullin in.

Jake

"Professor of Pimpology"~~~Bolas