wlie

Kapowsin - 1st Full Moon of 2003 night jump

01/18/03 brings the first full moon of 2003. I'm trying to pull enough "IN"terest to hopefully make it happen.

For the firsts, I will provide 3 cases of beer. 1 to make up for my first jump this year:$, 1 for my to-be first night jumpB|, and 1 more for completing my first logbook.:)
We're talking 72 bottles of beer folks! At 3 bottles person, that's 24 for an Otter load! (Think 36 oz. of liquid gold!):o:)
I've emailed our S&TA who has accepted the honor of giving us a safety briefing as required by the SIM. I've also got 1 confirmed "IN"terest, making 2 "IN"terested for the load.:)
So don't be shy because the more in our numbers, the more watchful eyes there'll be to make it a safe night jump.
My other ride is the relative wind.

As Ms Cleo don't see rain in her cards, I think clouds on the weather channel is just better.

So here's the scoop. I've so far gathered 8 confirmed. That's just enough for an Otter or 2 C-182. What it means is that we still have room! What it also means is that we need beer drinking help.

Safety briefing is required if you haven't had one in the last 60 days. It's about 15-30 minutes long, and happens about 1 hour before gear up.

Each jumper is to bring at least 1 or 2 glows sticks. I will buy a box from Home Depot to save you a trip. It is recommended that you wear something light colored like a white sweat shirt so you'll be easily seen. Clear goggles are obvious, and so is a flash light. And make sure it has fresh batteries. I will also bring a box of AAs to save you the shopping trip. Don't worry about strobes, the DZ will give you a loaner.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
~~~~~~~Attaching Vibes For Good Weather~~~~~~
:)

edit:
One other thing. This is cold weather winter jumping folks. RainX AntiFog your visors if you are wearing full face. I will also bring a bottle, but you are wiping it on.:P

I don't know about the weather over there on the west side but the weather over here on the east is nothing but clouds as it has been for the last week and is expected to be the same for the next week as well. If it is clear enough to jump I would like to state that I hate you. Were supposed to have all the nice weather and you west siders are supposed to have all the rain and shit weather.

CSA #699 Muff #3804

pretty nice blue skies from where i sit now..a few clouds but nothing that would stop jumping...of course i'm not out there because i got called for a planning meeting...and looks like my 3 day weekend just got shot to hell...and perhaps the rest of the year as well....:(

Definitely a hit:)
So here's a recap of the day's happening:

Arrived with 3 cases of beer.
Parking lot was full.
We had lots of Otter loads for sure (but who's counting?)
My 2nd jump of the day ended up in line-twists than turned into a spin. Had my first reserve ride so that'll be another case the next time I'm out.
I made my 3rd and subsequent jumps on a rental Silhouette 190.
We then had 8 or 9 people sit in on the safety briefing, conducted by Tom "Charlie 'Terminal Velocity' Sheen" Hili.:)Jumpers w/o night jump experience were limited to C-182s (your's truly) the rest on the Otter.
The C-182 went up 2x with 4 jumpers. First one, we got out at 5500. Second, at 7500 and we launched 2-ways on each pass.
The Otter went up after the first C-182. I'm not sure how many were on the plane but it's got to be at least 8 or 10.
Kapowsin lit up the target with 2 rows of X'mas lights to simulate a runway, and a red blinker on the center. 3 cars lit the center with their headlights.
Beer was brought out, everybody got a buzz, and later we went to the Kapowsin Tavern for pizza and 2nd hand smoke:S.

DZ.comers who showed up:
Narcimund
Weid14
Casch
Zenister
Chexmachine
Burrier
JRCrackers
KellyF
And ME:)
Thanks to everyone especially those who came from out of town. And Kapowsin making it happen.:)