melodee

My first jump!!!!!!!

Ok I am amazed! I haven't posted much since my first jump but God I already miss it. I find myself looking up at the sky constantly. The problem though is how do I be normal now. I hope I am not the only one to feel this way?????????????????? I can honestly say I LOVED IT!!!!! Mel

You're hooked, Mel... welcome to the disease.

...and no, it's not just you. I think we ALL went through that phase ... I'm still not out of it ;) I spent most of my time staring up at our 30 story office towers in Winnipeg thinking... "yup, I'd be on final aproach..."

So tell us more...

Dave

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friend (Lennon/McCartney)

normal?, sorry... sorry no way to get they-ah from he-yar...

nowhere on the damned disclaimer I signed did it warn me about the costs of manditory trips to warmer climates during the winter... or how nothing can seem to adequatly occupy my time during weekends when it is too cold to jump... or the dangers of how I now get target fixation whenever I see an object in the sky fly by.. even if I'm driving.. good luck... glad you enjoyed your first jump.. may there be many more... and may normal never return....

I went nine months between my first tandem and AFF. I couldn't get it outta my system, and reckoned that it was enough time to cool off.

it wasn't. Now I call any beautiful day, "jump weather" (like today). My office on the 22nd floor overlooks other buildings with windsocks and such.

But I believe it is normal. Anyone experiencing this would have this as a normal reaction. Everyone else is abnormal, for they know not why you thnk this way.

Welcome to the club.

---

My wife is hotter than your wife.

You will NEVER be normal again. You'll always have the distinction between you and average Joe/Jane; you jump out of airplanes. Eventually, if not already, you will begin to wonder why people think it's crazy. Now to me, it doen't seem abnormal at all to throw myself out of a plane and commence with the newbie acrobatics. Skydivers and skydiving is where it's at. You're stuck with US...ENJOY IT!!! :);)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

>I find myself looking up at the sky constantly.

I don't look up there constantly anymore,
but I'm very aware that it's up there when
I'm wandering around in my day to day life.

>The problem though is how do I be normal now.

No problem, you're a skydiver, so now that you're
jumping you're normal. It was all that not jumping
before you made your first jump that was abnormal.

I'm in my 41st year. I'll let you know if it changes.

Skr

Welcome to the club and the new "normal". :)
Today is going to be a beautiful jumping day - gorgeous blue skies, high of 50F in Wisconsin. The problem? The DZ's not open. ARG!!!!

Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

I hope I am not the only one to feel this way??????????????????

Absolutely not! I did 5 jumps in 2001, then waited 6 months before starting up again. It was painful! Every day, every other minute, it was all I could think about. Still is, actually!:S

So you can relax, you are completely, 100% normal!;)

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
-Robert A. Heinlein