fudd

Great weekend!!!

The weather forcast was cloudy, but it became a beutiful sunny weekend B|. I finally got up to jump again. My last jump was in september, but I found that freefalling is like riding a bike. It's still there.
Lovely weather. +5-6C.

I were excited about how my new Hornet would fly. I've downsized from a clipper 190 to a 170 and since it was 6 months since my last jump I though I might have some bad landings. However, the Hornet was a completely different animal to fly and land. So great to actually having a canopy that flares :)A frustration is that I have troubble reaching up to collaps the slider. on 4 out of 5 jumps it stopped about one inch from my reach. Soft links will probably solve that.

-blue skies....:)

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

bivar.jpg

Jonas.jpg

landing1.jpg

landing2.jpg

packing.jpg

And I forgot to add this was:
- First jump on my Hornet
- First jump at the GFSK dropzone (they rock by the way :)- First jump from a Cesna.
- First jump with a dytter.
- First jump in 2003

BEER - (and wow did we party)B|

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

I've managed about ten or so on my new Hornet 190. There is life after F111. Don't get me wrong, that got me started but ZP gets me going. This canopy flares like magic and for a little over 1:1 it's fairly zippy. Yeah, I have trouble reaching my slider too. It usually slips over the stops after a couple of seconds though and then I collapse it.
Blue Skies...Enjoy!!
L.A.S.T. #24
Co-Founder Biscuit Brothers Freefly Team
Electric Toaster #3
Co-Founder Team Non Sequitor
Co-Founder Team Happy Sock

SNOOOOOW!

I'm so sad i didn't get any snow jumps in this year! :( I really don't like doing them often, but one a season is always fun esp if you get to surf the top of fresh snow.

Hopefully i can make it out this upcoming weekend for the first time since new years...i'm crossing my fingers for good weather!!! ;)

b

and I forgot to add first snow jump to the first list.
It was also the first time I've spotted. More firsts on this jump than my first ;)
It was nice to surf knee high along the snow for 10 meters and then pulling it up to stand at the end. (not quite so nice to flare a little late and tumble in the snow :$)

It wasn't cold at all neither in the plane, freefall or under canopy, but then again we Norwegians are vikings :ph34r:

I think I can dig up another one when I get home from work. ;)
Thanks for letting Jonas lend your jumpsuit. We did a very nice FS-2 at the end of sunday. Lets hope the weather holds up, and I'll come jumping next weekend to B|

Get some slinks - as soon as I did, no more problems

But make sure you have good risers. A hard opening can send you slider flying down past those slinks, and could dislodge a toggle if you have sketchy risers/toggle keepers. That's an instant spinner.[:/]

STill, I never could collapse my slider till I got slinks either. Now I have short risers, but am so used to hearing the damn thing flap that I sometimes forget to collapse it.:$

It was nice here too! Upwards of 20 Otter loads on the weekend, 30 for the week. With friends coming out in force, it was about like a summer weekend.
|
I don't drink during the day, so I don't know what it is about this airline. I keep falling out the door of the plane.

Harry, FB #4143

I asked the rigger in Betzilla's zone about having slinks with bumpers over them to prevent the slider dropping below the brakes/slinks. Kirk reminded me that the grommets will nick up after many encounters with these bumpers, and those nicks will fray the lines. Just a relevant thought.
|
I don't drink during the day, so I don't know what it is about this airline. I keep falling out the door of the plane.

Harry, FB #4143

I asked the rigger in Betzilla's zone about having slinks with bumpers over them to prevent the slider dropping below the brakes/slinks. Kirk reminded me that the grommets will nick up after many encounters with these bumpers, and those nicks will fray the lines. Just a relevant thought.
|

I can't see how the slider grommets hitting silicon bumpers will cause any more damage than the grommets hitting slinks or the top of the risers. Anybody have more info about this?