gemini

POPs Texas Record

There were a lot of awesome jobs done. It was fun.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

A special thanks to Harry H. and a base that you dream about. They both did a superb job.
Michael

Speaking from experience, since I was on a four way line off the base, THE BASE IS FALLING FAST. That will be the same base used for the World Pop's out at Perris in October. So, heads up to the folks that weren't on the Texas Pop's, be ready.

Thanks also to Chuck and Steve for a job well done as plane captains, and to Carey for getting us all together. See ya all at Perris.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Congrats, Jim, Conway and all the others. Sorry I missed it. Also thanks for the jumps and coaching tips during my visit (vacation) at Spaceland. Back in Saudi again - hopefully will get some airtime in Dubai in a couple weeks. Congrats again - see you all next time around.
David
phat, dumb & happy

Congrats to all. It's very very cool that the record was set. Im very proud to have the record for Texas at my home DZ.

Excellent job everyone.

~Sidenote : Im very flattered of the phones calls I got at home to invite me to particpate. **NEWSFLASH** Im only 34!!!!!
Im sure it was I ACT 40 something, and not I LOOK 40 something. That would be the right answer, anyway.

Way to Go on the Record!!

A special thanks to Harry H. and a base that you dream about. They both did a superb job.
Michael

Speaking from experience, since I was on a four way line off the base, THE BASE IS FALLING FAST. That will be the same base used for the World Pop's out at Perris in October. So, heads up to the folks that weren't on the Texas Pop's, be ready.

Thanks also to Chuck and Steve for a job well done as plane captains, and to Carey for getting us all together. See ya all at Perris.

Speaking from 'da Base, it was really impressive to watch the flying all around us as the formation built. Hardly felt a a thing in the middle. Great job all around.

Fall fast and true....

Bob P.

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Hey Bob,
Thanks for the honkin' base and since this is your FIRST state record attempt and your FIRST post?
BEER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:o:o
Welcome to DZ.
Fellow Texas POPs 62way record holderB|

You are so right. Bob, since I live in Colorado, you'll have to wait and buy my beer for me next time I see you. Hopefully that won't be with me being on a four way line :P
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Nah, glad you joined our depraved little club. The best part about the base (for me) was Mike's red helmet. There's nothing like a different helmet for old folks like me to know where to dock :)
I won't have the beer out there tommorrow (paperwork), but expect some next weekend if the weather is good.

Wendy W.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

The best part about the base (for me) was Mike's red helmet. There's nothing like a different helmet for old folks like me to know where to dock

Yeah, what was with that. I think everyone was keying off Mike's red helmet. I demand bright colored jump suits.
Hey Wendy, wouldn't some of the guys look good in pink;)

I'm so jealous that you all will be there for the Memorial Day Boogie. I love Spaceland, it's become my home away from home.

*Ahem*

That would be "coral", thank you very much.

What? White/White/White/Gray/Gray/Gray didn't offer enough contrast for you?

BTW, I've placed the order for the new "da Base" t-shirts. I added a bit to it to commemorate the event. Check it out at:

http://customink.com/cink/r.jsp?E=jrprice%40compassnet.com&F=popscolor7

Two weeks production and delivery, then I'll get 'em out via snail mail to you POPs who signed up at the DZ.

Bob P.

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

*Ahem*

That would be "coral", thank you very much.

Even that would help.

BTW, I've placed the order for the new "da Base" t-shirts. I added a bit to it to commemorate the event. Check it out at:

http://customink.com/cink/r.jsp?E=jrprice%40compassnet.com&F=popscolor7

They look good. Thanks for all the work that it takes in doing the making and shipping of the shirts.

If you look really hard, you will see little holes, and that's where we all tracked through. I never touch a cloud:)

Houston's a major city, and there are chemical plants close to the DZ. Smog.

Wendy W.