Mad47

How often do you "trash" pack?

Easy way for a sub 6 minute pack job...

Stow the brakes
3 line check as you walk to the canopy
Count the nose cells tuck them between the knees
Open the slider and push it to the slider stops
Cloverleaf the slider
Grab tail at warning label, 8 flicks of material to get to the nose, roll material around C&D lines inside the pack job
Hold warning label under chin, flick the left side and roll
Bring the tail around and roll

That takes about 60 seconds to a minute and a half once the brakes are stowed.

Bag it ant its another 60 seconds for that. Stow the lines (If you are that type of jumper :ph34r:) and its 45 seconds for that. Put the bag in and close the container about another minute and a half.

Total time is about 6 minutes but its far far from neat... and if you know how to freestow... :ph34r:

When ever I know I'm taking my birdman suit out on the next jump I'll take a few minutes more and make things a littler neater.

That's pretty much exactly how i pack, and all i do is wingsuit :)

I am the resident packer at my DZ, so I have to be fast and clean (yes, I am still talking about parachutes). I can pack a canopy, f111 or zp, new or old, with an on-heading opening 500-700 ft snivel (if that is your thing) from brake stow to closing container is less than 10 consistently. Tandems are a trash pack, but then when you have 430 square feet of F111 ass-wipe, you could crumple it like a piece of paper and it will open for you. I roll pack tandems (Sets included) and have soft smooth openings.

My own Stilletto I fast pack: Stow brakes, 3 line check, count nose, shake all other cells, corner slider, push nose, wrap tail, lay down, supress air, S fold, close bag, stow lines, close container. 5 minutes. Far from trashy.

I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend to the death your right to say it.
- Voltaire

And it was quite entertaining wasn't it

yes indeed... I thought it was.. Course everyone was givcing you crap for it..

"WWhatcha doin.. practicing BASE packing?"
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

Flat packing a 27 cell Xaos 78 is far from practicing BASE packing ... besides those are P.R.O packed, very similar to your reserve.

To Practice BASE packing i'd just use a... um.. BASE rig?? Just a thought ;)
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

I usually take baout 5 min to psyco pack mine. I have done it in 4.5 min very sloppy, but dont all that often... especially with a psycho pack the lines can burn the fabric easily if you dont mind it (speaking from experience on my last canopy) if I packed in less than 3 min I prob wouldnt jump it, but who knows...I guess it depends on what kind of mood I am in... I sure as hell wouldnt pull low though:)

-yoshi

Flat packing a 27 cell Xaos 78 is far from practicing BASE packing ... besides those are P.R.O packed, very similar to your reserve.

hmmmm... now WHY does it seem like I've heard that before?

Nope.. just can't remember whre I've heard that....
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

I've never trash packed to catch a load but I have had pack jobs that would spill outa the bag and I'd just wod it up and stuff it back in and close her up!!! some of the nicest openings where from pack jobs I thought " better know where you handles are!!B|

jason
Freedom of speech includes volume