slotperfect

Saturday's Tandem Quote Of The Day

I had an awesome tandem student yeaterday named Scott. The whole skydive was awesome, but it was what he said after the canopy opened that made my day.

After a string of joyous explatives :$ he turned his head around and said "Thank you, thank you . . . I will remember this for the rest of my life."

That is why I love tandems so much! B|
Arrive Safely

John

hell yeah dude, thats awesome. Thats one of the drawing points for me getting a tandem rating eventually, introducing people to our wonderful sport.

---------------------------------------------
let my inspiration flow,
in token rhyme suggesting rhythm...

Had a group of bungee instructors come up for tandem jumps one time and they were trying to tell everyone that would listen that bungee was loads more of a rush than skydiving because it is done much closer to the ground. I told them that bungee was the two things I hate the most about skydiving, ground rush and opening shock. Anyway,
I took the most vocal of the group up and the first words out of her mouth after opening was "God, bungee jumping sucks". :D:D
The older I get the less I care who I piss off.

Bungee......I may have come into this world because of a broken rubber, but I'm not going out because of one!!
I just did fifteen or so tandems this weekend, each and every one is special in it's own way. I think I could write a book on all of the quotes from my first time students. Isn't it great to experience a first time jump....every time!!

we have a skydiving camp here in Bovec, with lots of tandems each day...

and this weekend one of the students threw up in the plane, which confused the tandem master so much that he forgot to strap on his bonehead with a pro track in it :D:D, that obviously fell of his head imediately after they jumped out

just to put something negative in this thread :P:P

Check out the site of the Fallen Angels FreeflY Organisation:
http://www.padliangeli.org

we have a skydiving camp here in Bovec, with lots of tandems each day...

and this weekend one of the students threw up in the plane, which confused the tandem master so much that he forgot to strap on his bonehead with a pro track in it :D:D, that obviously fell of his head imediately after they jumped out

just to put something negative in this thread :P:P

Better the passenger throw upin the p;lane than on me, the tandem master after opening[:/]
The older I get the less I care who I piss off.

I shot video for a female tandem student yesterday. Looking at my camera helmet she asked me:
"So what is it that you put in your mouth to take pictures? Is it big?"
showing her the tongue switch...
"that's it??? it is so small... I really thought it was going to be bigger".

I don't see why it was funny but everybody laught around us :S:P

Flip

After a string of joyous explatives he turned his head around and said "Thank you, thank you . . . I will remember this for the rest of my life."

The student's reaction was the only thing I don't feel I was really prepared for when I imagined myself doing tandems. It is just the best thing. I find myself saying, "AND I get paid to do this?!" to them!

Four more this weekend, bringing me to the grand total of 24. A weekend of firsts. My first thankyou letter (from my first student), my first puker (not very much and she had the bag in her hand before her first heave) and my first tandem tracking (the guy wanted to be "superman" and when I grabbed his hangs to swing them back he forgot about it and I had to summon the strength of Superman to move them!). Beer was bought :-)

"So what is it that you put in your mouth to take pictures? Is it big?"
showing her the tongue switch...
"that's it??? it is so small... I really thought it was going to be bigger".

ROFLMFAO!!:D:D:D

I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend to the death your right to say it.
- Voltaire

A few weeks ago I took a guy that was part of a group on the same airplane, and he had never flown in an airplane before.

They were excited and were bullshitting quite a bit, and the liftoff was very smooth, so he did not notice it right away.

When he finally looked out the windshield he had this look of amazement on his face as he said, "Dudes, we're off the ground!"

It completely cracked me up. You had to be there.

I'm sure I'll get corrected as to the "Exact" quote, but I was walking up to the DZ and ran into one of the TMs...he said he had one of the coolest reactions...After they got down, the student was asked what he thought of the skydive...

His answer : " I can't see how ANYONE can live without this!!"
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Couple of weekends ago I had a female student fully grilling me on many little details. She was a bit nervous... As we're about to take off for the plane she looks at me and says.. "do you have a certificate that says you can do this?"

I've only been asked that once before... Most of the time folks just trust you:P I laughed and we went skydiving...:P

I smiled at her and said "I've never been asked that"

Kinda like when you go to a doctor and expect to see that Stanford, Yale or Harvard certificate on their wall:ph34r:...

She did not follow up.

Immediatley after the canopy opened up one time, an extremely excited student said to me "Do you mind if I swear quickly?":D

I just remembered another one from my sweetie.
ON the ride to altitude:

student: "does anyone ever pass out on tandem jumps?"

JM: "no, not really."

student: "does anyone ever, um, throw up on tandem jumps?"

JM: "no, not really. you'll be fine."

student: "does anyone ever pee their pants on a tandem?"

JM: "you did wear your Depends, didn't you?"

student: "double ply."

:D:D:D

My quote of the day involving tandems....

Actually it involves relatives of person doing a tandem....

After landing after videoing their relative on a tandem, person asks me, "How did you get up there?" while pointing to the sky. Yes, he really did not understand how we got up there... Seemed intelligent and OK in the head..... aside from that.

I looked at him incredulously and said, "airplane!!!???!"

"ohhh"

Now granted, our DZ is 12 miles from the airport, but jeeez. How dumb you gotta be? Ad in the fact that earlier they were AT the airport watching him get suited up and stuff...