LawnDart21

My TSA Complaint letter, just emailed

If the airlines and the TSA are worried about people trying to get out of aiplanes mid flight, then they need to stop showing chick movies in flight, like "How to Lose a guy in 10 days". Hey, atleast they give us barf bags..........

"It's not the turbulence, it's the acting.....BARF!!!!!"

Pray they don't show "Gigli" :S:S:S:S

I've had no problems flying out of Midway on Southwest with my rig. In fact I flew out of Midway on Southwest after Roger's funeral with my rig and no problems at al. The line wasn't even that long at the x-ray machines. I think the TSA at Midway have it in for Mayor Daley and that's where some of the problem lies.

Chrisl

I've flown out of Midway with my rig countless times.

I always take my rig carry-on. The last time, the guy watching the x-ray machine pulled it out of the machine, held it up, and said "this is a parachute, right"? I said yes, "cool, I heard these are OK now". He handed it to me and let me go. This was 8 monthes ago...

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

With the posting to be on the eye for suspicious electronics - the TSA went from concerned to paranoid over the last 2 weeks - The day after the inital posting - it was the usual - take out laptop, make sure you ain't wearin no metal, might have to wait a minute while the they scroll the bag back and forth in the X-Ray. A week after the initial posting - it was - no wires in the bag - everything electronic out and in a bin - laptop, CD player, headphones - better not have more than 3 fillings or have consumed more than 300 mg of iron in the past 24 hours, cause that's gonna set the metal detectors off. [:/] It doesn't suprise me they are becoming more short with the flying public - thier primary job is protect the public, not to humour a small minority.

As has been expressed - it may well be the case soon that the only way you are gonna travel with a rig is to ship it via FedEx or UPS and meet it when you get there.

I flew from Nashville to DFW and back less than a week ago with my rig as a carry on. Had no trouble at all getting through security. They paid more attention to my shoes. I've carried it on (round trip) flights three times this summer with no trouble at all. The card out of my cypres manual came in handy one time.
I guess it just depends on how anal the security personnell on staff is.

TSA= Thousands Standing Around

Yeah, the TSA sucks,
They couldn't save an aircraft(or the lives of the passengers) if their lives depended on it. I refuse to take my shoes off-(f-them, let them do their job).
Good for you to fight them, for all of us...don't give up!
Let us know what happens
Troy
Troy

I am now free to exercise my downward mobility.

It would be interesting to note that I walked through the Midway Airport TSA checkpoint on August 5th around 6pm with a sport parachute. I did not possess a ticket, just a guess gate pass from Southwest - the rig belonged to my girlfriend that was right behind me. I even forgot to remove the change from my pocket....and both of us walked past the checkpoint in a matter of seconds - even after I forgot to place the gear bag on the belt and tried to walk through the metal detector with it on my back (forgot it was there).

Lawndart

You'll be happy to know that TSA finally has procedures in place for screening our gear at airports. The exact procedures are classified information but USPA has the pertinent data published on their website. This should alleviate some of the problems.

Chris