ssmi

New Texas Super Otter

Wow!! We here skydive San Marcos is getting another Super Otter and taking delivery in early November and its here to stay. Phil says the King Air will be @ Houston Skydive Center and will offer $16.00 jumps all winter long and possibly even cheaper if the response is good. just think no sliping and sliding on take offs (paved runways) looking forward to this

First off, congrats to the skydivers of San Marcos for getting an Otter back. I find it ironic that my home DZ originally took yours away and while I understand why we haven't jumped it (what with the death of our DZO and all), it's kind of frustrating that the DZ upped the lift tickets from $20 to $21 to pay for this new Otter. But here we are, no Otter and yet we're still paying an extra $1 for something that looks like it won't ever happen. I just love the way the DZ can gouge their fun jumpers. Of course if you were at the DZ last Saturday, you would have seen how much the DZ cares about fun jumpers (NOT). But I'm off topic here. Once again, congrats to the jumpers of San Marcos. At least some people have an Otter to jump every weekend. :S

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

But you don't understand. The jump prices increased $1 to pay for an Otter. But we have no Otter yet we're now stuck with higher jump tickets and this DZ makes tons on $$$ on tandems and AFF students. Is there any wonder why there was only four fun jumpers at the DZ the entire day on Saturday to go along with the 60+ tandems and close to 20 AFF students. If this trend continues, who's going to be around to mentor the new jumpers just off of AFF? It could turn out to be a very dangerous DZ. Why? I don't know, maybe because of that extra $1?

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

But you don't understand. The jump prices increased $1 to pay for an Otter. But we have no Otter yet we're now stuck with higher jump tickets and this DZ makes tons on $$$ on tandems and AFF students.

I'll never understand why jumpers expect students to subsidize their jumps. It doesn't matter how much the dzo makes on students. If skydivers don't pay their own way more dz's will adopt the same attitude as Skydive Las Vegas.

never pull low......unless you are

If skydivers don't pay their own way more dz's will adopt the same attitude as Skydive Las Vegas.

Having had a long discussion with SDLV a while back, it's more than that. Make sure all the facts are in before passing judgement.

People can give SDLV shit, hell, I do that sometimes too, BUT they did do something very good for our sport.

The lawsuit they went through set a standard that other lawyers will look at before they consider to persue a lawsuit for a client against a DZ. That really validates the industries' practice of release of liability forms in a court of law and sets the standard that could otherwise cripple our industry.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Wow!! We here skydive San Marcos is getting another Super Otter and taking delivery in early November and its here to stay. Phil says the King Air will be @ Houston Skydive Center and will offer $16.00 jumps all winter long and possibly even cheaper if the response is good. just think no sliping and sliding on take offs (paved runways) looking forward to this

wOO! B|

If skydivers don't pay their own way more dz's will adopt the same attitude as Skydive Las Vegas.

Having had a long discussion with SDLV a while back, it's more than that. Make sure all the facts are in before passing judgement.

The fact is tht most DZO's are businessmen. They need to turn a profit or they will go out of business. If one area of their business is not profitable they will be forced to concentrate on an area that is. This is normal business practice. I wish jumps from 20k were $5 but that isn't going to happen. If I have to pay an extra buck to jump at a safe dz with the usual amenities, so be it.

never pull low......unless you are

Is the complaint against SDLV that you must have been trained there to do a "fun" jump?
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Hey, not to change the subject...but getting the Super Otter is really great news for my home DZ. Is it true that it can get you to altitude in 10 minutes (<13,500)? I can hardly wait!!!

it takes a little longer than that.:D

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.