vonSanta

When are you a turkey, lowtimer etc?

If you're in the top-x percentage of your sport.. that makes you master.
Who said you need to know all to become/be a master?! Do you think Yoda knows all? :P

------- SIGNATURE BELOW -------
Complete newbie at skydiving, so be critical about what I say!!
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

If you're in the top-x percentage of your sport.. that makes you master.

I don't think so...I don't think of anyone as a "Master"..I know people with 10,000 jumps that are still learning

Who said you need to know all to become/be a master?! Do you think Yoda knows all?

Nope, but Yoda knows he does not know it all.....I bet he would not call himself a master either....Well he would not be a master if he were not a small puppet with a guys hand cramed up his ass.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

I don't think so...I don't think of anyone as a "Master"..I know people with 10,000 jumps that are still learning

See, that's where you go wrong. Being a "master" to most folks doens't mean that one doesn't learn anymore. It sipmly means a higher skill level than most people.
Perhaps those "masters" think different about this but most novices and intermediates think like this I believe.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

I look at skydiving and aviation the same in this regard.....when you stop learning, you better stop jumping/flying...because when you stop learning, you'll get yourself killed..

Mike

when you stop learning, you better stop jumping/flying...because when you stop learning, you'll get yourself killed..

I agree 100% with that statement.

Doesn't matter how many jumps I have, how many years I've been in the sport, whether other people consider me an "expert" - I still learn something on damn near every skydive. The day I stop learning is the day I put my gear up for sale.

See, that's where you go wrong

Why am I wrong and not you?

Its just your opinion vs mine.

And if you think you are a master...your not.

If you think you have nothing left to learn...you are wrong.

As soon as you stop learning, you stop living.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

See, that's where you go wrong

Why am I wrong and not you?

Its just your opinion vs mine.

I was tempted to edit my post to add IMnsHO.. but I thought that was clear ;)
The point was indeed that everybody has their own defenition of "master".