DShiznit

Balloon jump questions

In my growing intrest in this hobby, I am learning new things every day. I heard about balloon jumping not too long ago and thought that would be cool as hell. Is there a certain license holding you have to have to do this? I should be done with AFF after this weekend, and A license in hand in a month. Would be pretty kick ass to jump from a completely still object at 5k or so. :)

Most places you will need a B license to jump from a balloon, reason being is there really isn't a specific landing zone...you will be landing out. I've heard that 5K is about the most you will get from a balloon, most are around 3K-4K which is another reason you would need a B license, if you jump at 3K, you gotta wait a while to build up speed before deployment, and with an A license, you need to deploy at 3K minimum.

Just jump your Ass off at every chance. Stay Current get your landings down good on accuracy then go for it. I would try to get some experience on landings that away if you Jump the Balloon and You have to land in a tight area you will be more apt to handling the Situation. I jumped my first Balloon at the WFFC in 2001 F-----G Awesome...what a rush..best solo I ever done..B|
The glass is half full or half empty doesn't matter. Let go and have the Lord guide your path. He will take care of it all.

I jumped from Burner's balloon at Skydive Arizona right after I got my "A" license in 1998. I got the license right in time for the trip. Most of the jumpers landed off, but having only just over 20 jumps, I pulled high and made it back to the main landing area ;)

What a blast! We've gone back every year since and always make at least 1 balloon jump. I've never made a base jump, but I can only assume it's something like that - it's weird - initially you feel and hear the air speeding up around you and you pretty much have to wave your arms around to get stable, like you're trying to grab onto air that isn't there.

One time we had jumpers pulling at the altitude we were at during our climb to altitude in the balloon. A guy executed a cutaway right in front of the balloon - it was pretty cool (not that the person had to cutaway, but to see it from that point of view).
Rhonda
PP ASEL

You can jump from a helicopter with an A license cause you wont be landing out...get the same still air rush that you get from a balloon and you will generally get up to 5K....trust me, it is awesome!

yeah but I hear the problem with the helocopter is the noise and prop wash kinda distract from the entire true still air thing. Still I want to try both.

MB 3528, RB 1182

Had a go in a balloon a couple of months back. SUPERB. The ride is half of the fun, you have no control so are constantly looking for potential landing areas and hazards and the silence is astouding, you get the feeling you are a bird lazily soaring over the earth. The jump itself is great, the balloon has to be descending when you get out or it will rise dangerously and your altitude is likely to be low anyway. When you jump the air noise builds to a crescendo before you dump and frantically try to select a place to land.
Make sure you have the qualifications and ability to do one but make sure you so one.
I'm drunk, you're drunk, lets go back to mine....

Had a go in a balloon a couple of months back. SUPERB. The ride is half of the fun, you have no control so are constantly looking for potential landing areas and hazards and the silence is astouding, you get the feeling you are a bird lazily soaring over the earth. The jump itself is great, the balloon has to be descending when you get out or it will rise dangerously and your altitude is likely to be low anyway. When you jump the air noise builds to a crescendo before you dump and frantically try to select a place to land.
Make sure you have the qualifications and ability to do one but make sure you so one.

That is about the best description I have ever heard....... Thanks!!!!! Now I wanna do it even more so...