how is skydiving not unlike being addicted to crack?

we dont like going without the "drug" for too long or else we get withdrawls, we would rather eat like shit than not be able to jump-or go hungry, non "user" friends can get left by the wayside as we spend more time with other addicts, some of us beg borrow or steal to sustain our habit, there is nothing like waking up and smelling the smoking pipe of "jet fuel" first thing in the morning-or last thing at night for that matter, nice expensive cars/houses/tv's/partners can get dropped in the name of following our habit etc etc

"Skydiving is a door"
Happythoughts

Well....never went the crackhead route, so I really couldn't tell you whether or not the analogy works.

I can say its addicting as hell, and I usually spend most of my time during the week bitching because I have to work instead of doing what I really want to do....jump.

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Ah that's just drunk talk, sweet beautiful drunk talk. - Barney Gumbal

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Two more six packs and your boobies will look fabulous. - CrazyIvan :D:D

Two more six packs and your boobies will look fabulous. - CrazyIvan :D:D

I don't think you'd like my boobies very much...I don't have any. I'm a dude.

Thanks for the thought though!

Maybe I should change the avitar...

Maybe I should change the avitar...

No no no...you misunderstood me, I was just ADDING a funny line to yours BWWWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, relax man. :D:D

Hahaha....no problem bro. I feel better knowing that you weren't trying to pick me up.

You think skydiving is like crack, wait till you try skyflying in a Birdman suit. Its not called Nylon Crack for nothing

Did I hear someone call my name? Is someone in need of a pusher? Cause I'm yo pusher;):D

If skydiving is crack then Birdman is like snorting oxycontin :D

PSSST! Hey you, yeah you, step over here and let me show you one of my demo suits:P
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

You think skydiving is like crack, wait till you try skyflying in a Birdman suit. Its not called Nylon Crack for nothing

Did I hear someone call my name? Is someone in need of a pusher? Cause I'm yo pusher;):D

If skydiving is crack then Birdman is like snorting oxycontin :D

PSSST! Hey you, yeah you, step over here and let me show you one of my demo suits:P

lmao :)
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

Around five years ago I had a co-worker ask me how much I had spent on skydiving, after thinking about it for a bit I replied with my answer (dont remember the number)......... he got a strange look on his face and asked if I had ever thought about using crack, in his opinion it would be cheaper..... :D made me laugh my ass off....... he aint got a clue!!!!

Roy
They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.

Take up crack one weekend when you can't skydive, see which hobby prevails. :P Or take up smoking for a while, then quit cold turkey. Nicotine is more addicting then crack. :S

But if I had to guess, crack is worse as it is a chemical addiction, skydiving would most likely be a mental addiction.
Chemical addiction I think you have withdraw, the symptoms that go along with that, and your desire to relieve those symptoms.

“- - Sumo is the greatest of sports. It has power, grace, speed and cluture. And most importantly, two fat bastards smacking the shit out of each other. ”

But if I had to guess, crack is worse as it is a chemical addiction, skydiving would most likely be a mental addiction

To think that adreniline is not a chemical addiction is a mistake.

Even though its a chemical our own body produces, it is still very addicting, more then just the mental aspects of it.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

But if I had to guess, crack is worse as it is a chemical addiction, skydiving would most likely be a mental addiction

Even though its a chemical our own body produces, it is still very addicting, more then just the mental aspects of it.

I think I goofed in my first post, should have been physical and mental addictions. With skydiving being a mental addiction, and crack being both.

But I still think skydiving is a mental addiction. A mental addiction is caused by chemical changes in the brain, which cause artificial feelings, think the Mary Jane.

Physical addiction is what gives you the shakes. Its when you get use to having something in your body. Although why you start to shake, I don't know, I fell asleep in class before I heard that.

“- - Sumo is the greatest of sports. It has power, grace, speed and cluture. And most importantly, two fat bastards smacking the shit out of each other. ”

quote]

Chemical drugs work similar way.
Dody's own chemicals like dopamine and serotonin do the job, the drug is only used to start the process.

With apologies to Mike Muscat (who authored this punchline):

"The amount of money spent on skydiving and crack are probably about the same, but the crack addict's family is likely to have a more successul intervention."

who's Mike Muscat?

"Skydiving is a door"
Happythoughts