RkyMtnHigh

Congrats to Jumpsfromplanes on your 100th!

Jumpsfromplanes flew to Denver to do his 100th jump with his buddies at MileHi Skydiving. He was able to do 5 jumps on Saturday and his 100th was the sunset load! B| No pie celebration, but he got "beer'd" by Brian and Seth as they conned him into thinking he'd been jumping with a broken line all day. He asked to see it as the canopy was pulling to the right all day and as he walked between the hangers, he was greeted by mass amounts of beer! CanuckinUSA attempted to catch it on video, but it was too dark; however, he was able to get video of the sunset 5 way freefly with Brian, Seth, Steve, Dave Billings and Martin as base.

Congrats! I think I may have actually been on the plane with you on your 99th or 100th, I was doing a Hop & Pop. Anyway, good job!

Kalyne, sorry I didn't recognize you when you said hi to me on the trailer. I think if you said that you were aka: "RkyMtnHigh" that would have made a big difference. :S Oh well, I'll recognize next time for sure...

~ John

Hey Kalyne

Do you know what Martin may want to do with the video footage that Dave and I took on that jump? The footage no longer exists on my tape as I didn't like the footage from the jumps before Martin's 100th and over-wrote it with new footage from Sunday's jumps. But fret not, as I did capture both Dave and my views to my computer in the form of an AVI file before I went to the DZ on Sunday.

The AVI file(s) will be too big to email Martin and I fear that a lot will be lost if I convert the filed into WMV files. Maybe you can give me a tape (MiniDV or VHS) and then I can copy the two views onto the tape?

I know that I was lucky enough to get video footage of my 100th jump and seeing as this jump went reasonably well (with the exception of Brian cutting right in front of me because he was likely jealous that he wasn't getting any video time :ph34r:), that Martin would likely want a copy of Dave's and my views. Of course the boy should have plenty of video of himself already besides this jump. But you only do your 100th once right? ;)

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Congrats! I think I may have actually been on the plane with you on your 99th or 100th, I was doing a Hop & Pop. Anyway, good job!

Kalyne, sorry I didn't recognize you when you said hi to me on the trailer. I think if you said that you were aka: "RkyMtnHigh" that would have made a big difference. :S Oh well, I'll recognize next time for sure...

~ John

The look on your face when I asked if you were "the John that I've been emailing with" was priceless!;)...and you thought I was a "stalker"! LOL!B| It's all good...see ya at the DZ again soon. Perhaps we'll get to jump together next time.

Hey Kalyne

Do you know what Martin may want to do with the video footage that Dave and I took on that jump? The footage no longer exists on my tape as I didn't like the footage from the jumps before Martin's 100th and over-wrote it with new footage from Sunday's jumps. But fret not, as I did capture both Dave and my views to my computer in the form of an AVI file before I went to the DZ on Sunday.

The AVI file(s) will be too big to email Martin and I fear that a lot will be lost if I convert the filed into WMV files. Maybe you can give me a tape (MiniDV or VHS) and then I can copy the two views onto the tape?

I know that I was lucky enough to get video footage of my 100th jump and seeing as this jump went reasonably well (with the exception of Brian cutting right in front of me because he was likely jealous that he wasn't getting any video time :ph34r:), that Martin would likely want a copy of Dave's and my views. Of course the boy should have plenty of video of himself already besides this jump. But you only do your 100th once right? ;)

I'll let Marty reply...however, I think he'd like to make a complilation video of milestones he's achieved..and yes, you do jump your 100th only once, so I'm sure whatever is salvagable would be appreciated. Good seeing you this weekend, Steve.;) Wish you could make it to Mardi Gras Boogie, but your new Wingsuit must have been more important, huh?B| LOL! Priorities..Priorities, I suppose...:S

Wish you could make it to Mardi Gras Boogie, but your new Wingsuit must have been more important, huh? LOL! Priorities..Priorities, I suppose...

Yes I have recently been spending a lot of $$$ on gear (I mailed off my wingsuit order this morning). But it's not just a financial issue. Taking time off of work is also an issue. The people I work with are virtually all career oriented people and if I'm seen taking too much time off of work to pursue my jumping addictions while they work on weekends, then guess who will be out of a job (not the end of the world, but not something I want to happen right now what with all of my gear expenditures). :S

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Huge congrats to Jumpsfromplanes. Mile Hi must be a gorgeous place to fly. We are headed in your direction this weekend for some boarding action in Beaver Creek and Vail. Yeah, the rig is staying at home, a week just isn't long enough to do it all. Plus, rippin up the slopes for a while pegs my fun meter just as much. I'll have to visit in the summer to really enjoy. In the meantime, join us down here for some fun in the sun..... See you soon

but it's a 100th jump !
That was also the excuse I found for mine... But got my vengeance for my 200th which was in june with a beautiful weather and temperature. :P

Just curious..if you're naked, doesn't the harness hurt?:S I can't imagine how "uncomfortable" it'd be at deployment.:P

not at all... just imagine how your suit is protctive??? not much unless it's kevlar pants you're wearing...
the only thin is your back really sweats on the nylon... and you might catch a cold with the dampness and the temperature/wind once you're out.... I was doing the rabbit on a 7 way track (4 girls involved :P which is really a big number of girls for a track at my DZ) and it was a great jump. Feels soooo god to have only your body to fly...
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM