rest

DC-9 at Perris

Now that you've told me about all problems you had on the DC-3 I would definatly say $200 is a lot.

Problems? That sounds like a well operating DC3 to me. Piston planes are great for burning and leaking oil every where. Nature of the game, Beech 18's are the same way.

Q: When do you have to refuel the DC3?
A: After you add oil to it twice :ph34r:
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Now that you've told me about all problems you had on the DC-3 I would definatly say $200 is a lot.

Problems? That sounds like a well operating DC3 to me. Piston planes are great for burning and leaking oil every where. Nature of the game, Beech 18's are the same way.

I have to agree see the wet spots where the plane with the radial engines was parked. See the plume of smoke when the engine's startup after the planes been parked for a while?

We've heard stories [:/] of planes carry a 55 gal barrel of engine oil with a hand pump for aerial refueling:( That one might be a urban legend:S.

Please don't chase Scott away. IMO He's entertaining. The bell curve in action.B|

R.I.P.

Q: When do you have to refuel the DC3?
A: After you add oil to it twice :ph34r:

And I won't bother to explain the difference between a customers perspective and the impression of someone like yourself who works at the DZ.

Another judgment! You really should stop talking before you think about what you say. Know all the fact before you post something about anybody or anything. I have never told anyone that I work for Perris. Until recently I was paying for every jump I hae ever done there. I became and if you think those are free jumps then you are nuts as well. Lo'ing takes time and work. I have a job that is in the industry but not working for PErris. In fact 99% of my day is spent off the Dz on the weekdays.

If you are posting to learn then ask it in a question. Don't make a statment and then back pedal saying that it was a question later.

I never asked you for an apology. Just want to you to think before you say something!
Dom

>So you were forced to pay the difference in cost for >those who flaked out and didn't show up?

No actualy we both payed one way ( half ) and we would decide if we would fly back with them or commercially at our convienience. The other passenger wanted to stay for the last two days of the boogie and flew home commercial. I stayed with the 3, had a blast and the return trip was a FREEBIE.

>Wow, that sounds like a safe ride.

The engine was newly rebuilt and there was a fluttering oil pressure indication on the same engine. So we landed to inspect. The pilot remarked about how calm the passengers were through the whole ordeal ( can't scare damn skydivers) I told him I had faith that he could deadstick this airplane down in a highschool football field. Plenty were landed safely in farm fields while germans were shooting at the pilots.

Meanwhile do you know how many modern day Jetliners have been landed off the airport safely enough that the aircraft could be flown off again?

One!
And there are many more jet liners than DC-3s.

I said I'd probably would be a little turned off at the idea of paying $200 bucks.

The Arizona crew ferried jumpers from lost prairie to rantoul and all they had to was wash the planes.

>Now that you've told me about all problems you >had on the DC-3 I would definatly say $200 is a lot.

$200 is a small fraction of what it would have cost me to drive my car there. Less than half of what the lowest quote was for the friendly skies, less if you factor in a rental car or bus to & from the coin operated airports. Not once did someone check my luggage for fingernail clippers, never waited in a line. Did a night landing into Elsinore in a big tail dragger. If you are into aviation you know what that means. Come on, you can't BUY that kinda fun! It was an adventure.

Ha ha, you missed!

If you can do that in a DC3 across America any chance of sending the DC9 across the pond to pick up Brits for the next boogie? :)B|:)

Perris has an ongoing relationship with a UK military outfit that comes down anually for several weeks to perform AFF here. As of now they just get picked up at LAX in an Otter saving them a few hours between baggage PU and driving in rush hour traffic. For skydivers this truely the red carpet treatment. We welcome this because it really keeps the otter turning in our slower months and brits jumping in their colder months. But if they could fill the 9 you never know, I would not be suprised at all.

because, basically, we're starting an airline.

What is it that the FAA sees as any more like an airline than using twin otters? There are airlines that use otters.

The FAAs motto is "If your not happy where not happy"

According to the video I watched on some spicy chicken website or sumptin, it's actually:
Our motto is now "The FAA, We're not happy until you're not happy."
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

it's actually:
Our motto is now "The FAA, We're not happy until you're not happy."

Considering the FAA kept my file in "Reconstruction" for nearly 51 weeks, I'd have to say that's pretty dead on. :)
-Jackmc
"If you end up in an alligator's jaws, naked, you probably did something to deserve it."