Skypup

Did you remember your hook knife when you borrowed / rented gear?

My hook knife is mounted on my altimeter pillow, so I'm unlikely to forget it. I've done freefall without one, but these days I jump exclusively CRW and will not jump without one for that. I freely admit I'm hook knife dependent, though I've never even so much as tought of using it on an actual jump.

Bob

I have one on every jump. I haven't had the need for it yet. Murphy's Law- The one time I forget it will be that day.

Tom
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely and in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy sh1t...what a ride!"

yup. cant get on a load (my experience anyways) without a hook knife in the UK. Reason given is usually:
"what if you have a lineover on your reserve?"

----------------------------------------------------
If the shit fits - wear it (blues brothers)--

yup. cant get on a load (my experience anyways) without a hook knife in the UK. Reason given is usually:
"what if you have a lineover on your reserve?"

Newbie here, What DO YOU DO if you have a linover on your reserve? Any yes, I'll ask my JM's the same question. I'm not sure if I jump w/ a hook knife in AFF. Definately need to find this one out.
I like coconuts. You can break them open and they smell like ladies lying in the sun!

Number of times I've needed a hook-knife=1
Number of times I've needed an AAD-0
I carry 2 knifes-one on each leg as the one that comes on the harness standard I can't reach with my right hand. If you need a knife, something is wrong in the first place, and you can't be guaranteed the ONE hand you can reach it with on the ground is going to be free enough to get it.
If given a choice of only one of the 2 items, I'd take a hook-knife every time.
Of course, if you ever need either, you'd kick yourself for not having it. -Tony
My O.C.D. has me chasing a dream my A.D.D. won't let me catch.

The reason I brought it up specifically is relating to almost having to chop a main on a rental rig when the brake line had tied a knot around my finger.

Had I pulled lower and not had time to fix it I would have cut the brake line to free my finger. If I didn't have the knife it could have really sucked.
T.S.S # 5
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To dream great dreams is itself an act of daring. -Eric Shipton & Bill Tilman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the Uk you have to wear a hook knife as soon as you get your A-license. But you are not allowed one at all as a student.

This can be a bad point as often it is not explained to new graduates why they need one, just that they must have one.

UK Skydiver for all your UK skydiving needs.