wingnut

would you get your ticket back

And let's remember that a DZ is a business. And business are in the habit of existing to generate income for their owners. I have not yet heard of a DZ operating as a Charity.

I think if I had decided it was worth it to spend the extra cash to get the load up I would have to say so what if the DZO jumped on the load. One slot is no biggy. And if the DZO decided to give the the slot ticket back, cool, and if not, well they had their reasons. I know that I have been fed by a DZO a few times (pizza and what not) and it cost me nothing so I can swallow one lift ticket. If it happened all the time that way however I might get pissy. OF course I do not think I would pay a double slot to get the load up too often:S.

maybe if I HIT SAY 99 AND ONE MORE LOAD GETS ME PIED, WELL THEN THAT MIGHT BE WORTH THE SLOT TO GO UP.:D

dzo said his slot doesn't count cuz he's not a paying customer.

I am constantly amazed at some DZ owners and their attitudes that I read about on DZ.com

I don't think he should have taken advantage of you like that. It's just not cool.

For the cost of a single jump ticket, he risks losing a customer, and looking cheasy in front of the other jumpers.

Sure he has a right, but the important question is.... have you gone back since this happened?

scott

For the cost of a single jump ticket, he risks losing a customer, and looking cheasy in front of the other jumpers

nope, he wouldn't loose me... i wasn't upset i was just posing this question tot he forum to see what would happen at other dz's... i was hoping to get my ticket back but i was willing in the first place to give it up as someone else pointed out so it's no biggie......

catfish,

never did i mention a dz in my post don't asume it is the one listed on my profile... i jump both at ogden and tooele... both have thier quirks...

Ok my perspective is a little different, my family used to part own a DZ...

If I jump on a load I still don't count as a slot (for getting numbers for it to go). If the DZO gets on, its a little bit different.

At the end of the day he's still a slot. He chooses to be a no-charge.

You should have got your money back, at a minimum he should have talked you through it before the load went.

If you'd decided to pull the ticket, odds are he would have let it go up anyway.

Bit dodgy I say[:/]
xj

"I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with the earth...but then I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with a car either, and that's having tried both."

Wait a sec wingnut. I think you are assuming I was assuming :S........ I was just saying how I FELT about where I jump... I know you jump all over the place and was not making any sort of comment about anyplace EXCEPT that I am glad I jump where I do.. Cool? :)

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

A bunch of staff went out and got on the plane thinking that they could use those paid slots. I refunded the guy his money and charged the staff.

Wendy is cool.

The first thing I did when reading wingnut's e-mail is check his profile to see which DZ he jumps at. The DZO can do whatever he wants with his operation. However:

I'm not going there based on this one story. Market forces work.

EDIT: WN if your profile doesn't reflect that particular DZ, let me know. I don't want to assume the wrong thing.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I don't look at this so much as a matter of getting my ticket back as one of who gets the slot I purchase. If I paid for the slot I should get to decide who gets it, including no one at all should I choose that.

Bob I think the situation that Wingnut was in is different. There was nobody else to make the plane go.
If I offer to pay for two slots (my own + 1 to make the plane go) then I expect that when someone else shows up and decides to jump, I get my ticket back.
It's not my problem who gets on the plane for free and who has to pay. The rule is : we need x number of people on the plane to make it go. I dont know who jumps for free or not.

With regard to the DZO in Wingnut's story, I don't know I think it is strange practice by the DZO and doesn't make him look very good.

Iwan

If I offer to pay for two slots (my own + 1 to make the plane go) then I expect that when someone else shows up and decides to jump, I get my ticket back.

Sure, I understand. In the case in point I'd have asked the DZO for my ticket back. When he said no, I'd have told him to take off his rig and sit down.

I'm with rehmwa - I'll not be jumping at that DZ.

Bob

EXCEPT that I am glad I jump where I do.. Cool?

al is cool...B| look forward to jumping with ya next time i'm up at ogden jumping i'm the guy everyone calls wingnut...lol... yellow and purple freefly suit or birdman suit....

Four other jumpers who didn't really care to make one last jump that day, couldn't split the cost eh?

You paid your money and you got what you wanted, end of story. Don't blame the DZO, it's possible he would have gotten on the load even if 6 people paid for slots, or not. Whatta I know, I wasn't there.

I paid for two slots once to get in "one more jump" when I had less than 100 jumps, it's been repaid so many times...otter rides with 3 ppl on, porter lifts with two ppl on, solos in a cessna. youz give, youz get. (btw these were n/c jumps)
ymmv

"exit fast, fly smooth, dock soft and smile"
'nother james