AdD

insane tracking movie

OK, Don't know if this is a repost, but I saw a link in the BASE forum to this movie called track or die by on the offheaders website, and if you think Loic's swoop on Verbier was something, you're gonna have to check your shorts after this one.
http://offheading.com/TrackOrDieHard.mpg
And to whoever did this, (it says Psychotracker ??) you are one bad ass mofo!
Life is ez
On the dz
Every jumper's dream
3 rigs and an airstream

Ho Lee SHIP
are you sure this wasnt a failed suicide attempt? damn thats impressive, more important then how low he pulled at what point did he have to know if he was gonna clear it or not and abort? would he know high enough for the chute to do more then make it easier to find all of the body?

Good Judgment comes from experience...a lot of experience comes from bad
judgment.

I'm gonna guess he was using a wingsuit.

He was not. Not even tracking pants, as far as I know.

You can see his hand reach up at the end, it clearly doesn't have a wing attached to it.

Also, wingsuit flights at that site generally go out past the two meadows you see from the exit. Various other tracking attire has pushed people as far as the meadows, but good wingsuit pilots have to file flight plans off that cliff--out to the river, then left along the river to the bridge, then right and back to the road....
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Also, wingsuit flights at that site generally go out past the two meadows you see from the exit. Various other tracking attire has pushed people as far as the meadows, but good wingsuit pilots have to file flight plans off that cliff--out to the river, then left along the river to the bridge, then right and back to the road....

Well...F*ck me. He's even more crazy than I originally thought :)
Blue skies
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

I think I may have seen outside vid of this somewhere (or something similar) - it's just insane.

The wingsuit clip you're thinking of is probably Fastest Motherfucker in the Valley which is from the same exit. You can see how much further the wingsuit flies than the track.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Isn't an Imax rig close to 80 pounds?! I'd kind of doubt that one with that kind of tracking going on.

It looked like the same cliff, but different exit point. I think they mentioned the cliff was about 3000 to 4000 feet. It is a pretty funny clip watching the guy strugle to get to the edge then go straight head down and watch the cliff go by (it was on his chest).

Here is someone else doing the same thing, regular Gore-Tex suit according to the page (I don't even know what that is... :|)

I was told this person clears it by a larger margin, but honestly it looks like the camera perspective is just forward more than down, it still looks ridiculously close. I'd love to see either video from a side angle. In my mind this might be more crazy than Loic's famous Verbier flight...
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Hey Tom, if you know the admins, you can let them know I'd be happy to host the file on skydivingmovies.com if they want. If they have a bunch of videos, I could make an offheading.com category within /BASE.

Out of curiosity, is there any relationship between offheading.com and onheading.com?

Dave

The wingsuit clip you're thinking of is probably Fastest Motherfucker in the Valley which is from the same exit. You can see how much further the wingsuit flies than the track.

That first guy went on for what looked like forever (I hope he made it back to a clear area to land in because all I saw was forest beyond that 2nd body of water). Awesome video though and it makes me look forward to the day when I can do the same thing with a wingsuit off of a big-wall cliff ... maybe ... :)

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Out of curiosity, is there any relationship between offheading.com and onheading.com?

Yes, although I'm not sure if the relationship is formal in any way.

There's a group of BASE jumpers in Oslo who call themsevels the Cartoon BASE Heroes. Offheading is run by Spiderman, and onheading is run by Batman. Superman is a carpenter, so I'm not sure if he has a web site.

The Norwegians are a great bunch of people.

I'll pass on your offer to host the videos.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com