Conundrum

Did a successful Mr. Bill this weekend

and it was awesome!

We exited from 13,000ft, he delopyed and I hung on as tight as I could. I hung on. Phew, didnt know what to expect. He tied a line between his leg straps to give me something to step on to climb up, but as soon as I put my weight on it, the knot didnt hold and the line broke..... sending me straight down into a straight arm hanging position. I couldnt pull myself up from that position with really nothing to grab onto, so he helped me by grabbing my rig and waist and such ( I think there was even an ass grab in there somewhere :$:D ), until I could eventually get onto his shoulders and stand up. Hooooly shit, what a feeling. Standing up on his shoulders looking around was amazing, the sun was starting to go down and the sky was just beautiful. I was finally on his shoulder by about 10,000ft. We flew around for a little bit and lifewithoutanet ( Collin ) jumped out with us and was behind us watching.

At 5k I jumped off, tracked away and pulled by 3k.

Awesome, just awesome.

Nice one! I'd love to do a Mr. Bill but was sort of put off by a video involving the passengers' leg getting wrapped round the pilots' lines - SCAAAARY! The passenger was the one wearing cammera and, as far as I can recall, looking at a half collapsed & badly spinning canopy, frantically grabbing at lines round his ankle and screaming like F**K at the other guy to chop it, and it was a very, VERY close scrape! (Also, our CCI was put off by this incident and banned them at our DZ)
I was also wondering what the canopy the pilot jumps, and was he throwing it about a bit? Bet it was a sh*t load more responsive when you double the wing-loading!

Durham University Freefall Club

Grounds For Divorce website (band I'm in)

He tied a line between his leg straps to give me something to step on to climb up, but as soon as I put my weight on it

You can stand on his feet if he points his toes upward. You can also stand on his upper thigh close to his body if he bends 90 degrees at the hip. Make sure your weight is close to his body, not his knee.

:)
I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.

and it was awesome!

This was with Andy, right? (The guy that I told you to do the Mr. Bill with?) I also did my AWESOME Mr. Bill with him on my 100th! I have it on video, too...YAY! :)
I jumped with Andy from 13500, and I also jumped off him at 5000 and pulled between 3500-3000. I think that it was soooo easy for us because of his experience, the super-soft packed opening, Andy's size and my (and your...lol) small body size. I never slipped off him at any point, but I only chose to climb him and sit (not stand) on his shoulders. It was more peaceful/comfortable that way, and I could enjoy the sunset better...soooo pretty and magical. Btw, did your hands also freeze like mine did? (I don't wear gloves when I jump.)

Andy had claimed that my Mr. Bill with him was his "best" ever, but do you think that yours is now the new "best"? I'll have to ask Andy myself and see what he says...:$ :ph34r: Congrats, sweetie, I know exactly how you feel..:)
Btw, I missed you on Saturday night...you should have come to Elsinore. I'll see you when you return, 'Chelle! :)XOXOXO
ROSA

Yeah it was with Andy, he actually asked me if I wanted to do the jump, so I said yeah!

I was determined to get all the way up and stand, so I couldnt stop climbing until I did. Just couldnt give up :) ), but nonetheless, it worked!

I debated wether to wear gloves or not, I always do becasue my hands get really cold and I wear rings on my fingers thet don't come off, but I didn't for the Mr Bill. I figured I'd be able to *feel* better and get a better grip, but my hands were frozen and sore when I landed. :SHanging onto those skinny lines makes your hand sore!:D

The "best"? I dunno, he siad he'd never had someone go all the way and stand on his shoulders so who knows. I think both our jumps were the best in different ways :)

I missed you too Saturday! I hope your birthday was awesome and sorry I didnt make it over there!:(

Yeah it was with Andy, he actually asked me if I wanted to do the jump, so I said yeah!

Isn't he nice? He also asked me when we did ours...I had never met him before that jump...lol! It was totally last minute, too. The sunset load was full, but they bumped three people for us and JP to do camera. JP wasn't even wearing shoes an had no time to put them on (2 minute call).

I was determined to get all the way up and stand, so I couldnt stop climbing until I did. Just couldnt give up :)

That SO COOL, 'Chelle! You're awesome, girl! I have to admit that I would never want to stand up on his shoulders myself. I prefer comfort (lazy? lol...) over the coolness factor for this kind of fun jump. :$

He said our opening was harsher than you and his, we were upside down on opening

Oh no~ I'm sorry...but hey, you hung on! (Right on girl!) The reason why you were upside down is because of the exit. You have to be sure to work with Andy and help him to present on exit.

but my hands were frozen and sore when I landed. :SHanging onto those skinny lines makes your hand sore!:D

I kept mine warm by putting them inside Andy's sleeves and rubbing them against his arms (I was sitting & comfy, remember? :$) as we drifted into the sunset. Of course, he didn't mind...lol! My hands went totally numb right away...which is not good for pulling...lol. I had to finally put them to my mouth and blow on them repeatedly to get them to warm up before pull time. I have too many problems with numb hands...I never wear gloves, though. (When I did try to wear gloves on my last jump, one got stuck/made me loose my toggle, and I broke my ankle on landing...doh!)

The "best"? I dunno, he siad he'd never had someone go all the way and stand on his shoulders so who knows. I think both our jumps were the best in different ways :)

Awww...you're sooo sweet and cute, 'Chelle. I was just teasing you, girlie. :)

I missed you too Saturday! I hope your birthday was awesome and sorry I didnt make it over there!:(

It's ok, but please don't be a stranger. When my ankle fully heals, I'll pass you the Barbie, but I hope to see you before then. :)

That's so cool...I wanna try one of these. Are they dangerous? Does the heaviest person always have to be the one with the open canopy? Is it dumb to do it at 46 jumps?? Tell me!! :P;) Thanks

The FAKE KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!!!!!!!!!

Can i ask as an inexperienced student - does this not mishape the canopy? I'm taking he uses a 0P canop. What packing techniques are used? and bugger me i cant wait to do that (if im allowed!!!):)

I don't see why it would mishape the canopy, you are only putting more weight under it is all. I'm guessing you pack for as soft an opening as possible, I've never packed a rig for a Mr. Bill, though. :)

That's so cool...I wanna try one of these. Are they dangerous? Does the heaviest person always have to be the one with the open canopy? Is it dumb to do it at 46 jumps?? Tell me!! :P;) Thanks

They are dangerous because many things can go wrong, so if you decided to try one, make sure you have a set plan and carry a hook knife with you.

I don't think it really matters if the heaviest is under canopy or not, because no matter who is where, you are still putting the same amount of weight under the parachute.

I did my Mr Bill on my 64th jump, but I did it with someone who was experienced with Mr Bills, and had done many of them before. I would not have done it with someone who had the same low jump number as me. So if you want to do one, I'd say to do it with an experienced skydiver, if anyone.

:)

Me and a friend from our DZ tried a mr. bill out of a cesna 182 and i held onto the binding between his leg strap and the container, but as we let go it pulled the harness down and he had to search for the pilot chute so we built up some speed and i couldnt hang on.
Is there another way of launching a mr. bill where i could easily hang on?

--I don't even know enough to know that I dont know--