grue

Will my A Licence be valid overseas when I get it?

By the time I make my next trip home to Australia (I'm only in the US for school), I should have completed the requirements for my A licence. Will this be accepted so I can jump there while I'm visiting home?
cavete terrae.

As long as you're a current USPA member, there shouldn't be a problem; HOWEVER, if I were you, I'd drop a quick e-mail to the local DZs around your hometown over there and ask to make sure. I'm more then sure that they will be willing to answer any questions and help you out any way they can.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

If you have completed A then you will still be required to join the APF and show logbook etc. but it should not be an issue. I came to Oz with about 30 odd jumps and did just that. Make sure you follow the guidelines of jumoping at any new DZ though:

Good DZ brief
Outs
Local rules, patterns, landing areas
Maybe pull a bit high on jump one to have a look around - let people know you are doing it.
Solo first probably best

If you don't have A then you should be able to continue where you left off in Australia.

One thing to bear in mind is that the studednt progression system here is different with most students going straight onto "B-rels", after AFF. A type of relative work progression. Worth discussing with the DZO or whoever gives you your brief.

If Sydney is your hometown then drop me a PM when you get home and I will introduce you to some crazy folks at the DZ...

CJP

Gods don't kill people. People with Gods kill people

It should be accepted. It's up to the discrestion of the CI.

This is the relevant bit from the OpRegs:

3.6. VISITING OVERSEAS PARACHUTISTS

3.6.1. A visiting overseas parachutist who holds a valid parachutist's licence issued by an FAI-affiliated organisation may make parachute descents other than display descents after having his or her experience and competence assessed by a Chief Instructor.

3.6.2. In assessing a visitor's competence, a Chief Instructor shall certify in the visitor's log that the visitor has the competence equivalent to that required for a particular Parachutist Certificate. The Chief Instructor may also certify that the visitor has the competence and experience required for particular Crest awards.

3.6.3. A visitor may make descents other than display descents consistent with the Crest and Parachutist Certificate level at which he or she has been assessed.

3.6.4. Where a particular Parachutist Certificate normally requires the authority of the ASO, the visitor's log must be countersigned by the ASO before the privileges of that Certificate may be exercised. The privileges of lower Certificates may be exercised immediately.

3.6.5. An overseas visitor who wishes to obtain a Display "D" Licence may do so after becoming a short-term member of the APF and providing a copy of the Chief Instructor's assessment described in 3.6.2. The privileges of the Display "D" Licence shall lapse at the expiry of the short-term membership and may not be renewed. A visitor who wishes to obtain a Display Licence "C", "B" or "A", or to exercise the privileges of the Display Licence "D" after the initial period, must first obtain an APF Parachutist Certificate.

3.6.6. Notwithstanding the provisions of this Section, any person wishing to apply for any Packer, Rigger, Instructor or Tutor rating or endorsement or a Display Organiser's Licence must first be a member of the Australian Parachute Federation.
--
Arching is overrated - Marlies

Good advice. Yet you can also include to take your time, do not rush, check the winds and watch a load or 2 before manifesting.
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

A few years back, the Federation Aeronautique Internationale published new guidelines for national aero clubs to issue skydiving license. The goal was to "level the playing field," simplifying life for visiting jumpers and DZ staff who had to figure out where they fit in.
Canada was the first country to adopt the new FAI licensing standards, followed by USPA, etc.
It is always amusing to watch how national arrogance always complicates this process.
The bottom line is: your USPA A License should be identical to an Australian A License.