Jumpmunki

David Lief Canopy Sale Problems

does anyone know this person, he is fromt he u.s and was selling a sabre 150 on the classifieds.

i paid him about 10 days ago and have not heard from him for at least 7 days.. despite him logging on and off msn (where we talked about it and finalised everything, even talked random crap! )

if anyone knows this guy can you please tell him to get in touch as i'm $600 odd down and no canopy, not even a message saying it's been posted,

last i heard was he was "waiting for the funds to go from his paypal to his normal bank account"

please, again if anyone knows this guy can you tell me if he's on holiday, been in an accident, or even just ran off with my money!

Cheers

Wayne

Since you used paypal, you can file a complaint with paypal to assist you in attempting to recover your funds - it doesn't always work, but you can at least try.

Hopefully, someone knows him and this deal will work out for you as I am sure you would like the canopy or your money asap. . .

Oh, and for what it is worth, it can take 3 days to transfer money from your paypal account to your checking account - so assuming he needed the money to ship the canopy, that would account for about 3 days only.
FGF #6
Darcy

Wow, I'd hold off on doing anything right now. You said it's only been seven days. Gee, it took that long for me to ship some stuff to Florida, and you live over seas.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

It's not good that he's not answering. There's a possibility that he may not understand the workings of getting money from Paypal. I bought something through eBay, payed with Paypal. The seller thought that the funds would just appear in their accout, but they have to actually log into Paypal and trasnfer the funds from Paypal to the acct. They finally did that, and no problem.

I cant say I know him...but i have meet him briefly and he seemed to be a stand up guy to me.....there is also a new listing in the classifieds listing the rig he was selling minus the 150 sabre......that would indicate to me that the canopy has been sold(I would assume to you)

does anyone know this person, he is fromt he u.s and was selling a sabre 150 on the classifieds.

Btw...the ad clearly states he is from Canada not the US and even lists his phone # .....I think you may have jumped the gun with this post.

not at all,

i was more worried in case he'd been in an accident or summit, and the person logging onto msn was someone else on the internet that didn't know how to switch it off

i'm not after a witch hunt lol

just want to know why he's so quiet when he's had opportunitys to make noise :S

It took 3 weeks for a guy to get my old Raven reserve in Canada and I shipped it the day funds were posted. He may be busy, maybe his wife is on the computer and not answering you instead of him, lots of reasons. I agree with the 7 days is not long. If you dont hear or see anything in a few weeks, then worry about it.
Oz

well well well

here we are tooo long later..

david had agreed to refund me my $650 he gave me $70 and despite talking a good talk the extended extended deadline has now expired and here i am with no refund..

i would like to ask you guys where i stand legally living in the uk and this guy in canada?

i will be contacting the BPA on monday morning and also his local DZ to seak advice .. if needs be i'll pay a solicitor ...

all of this hassle for a sabre ....

if you paid by paypal contact then, I think you are covered to $500. Just a thought

I'm not sure of the case now but at one time Paypal's insurance only covered transactions where both parties were in the US. Anyone know if this is still the case?
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

i've already been through these channels and got no advice

the trransactions are not covered because they were existing paypal funds and not credit card fraud ...

having spoken to the citizens advice in the uk i am convinced i can take him to court

according to various people he has moved to the west coast of canada... and is not a current CSPA member

this is of course if his real name is David Brandal and not Earl Sprague which is his paypal account name linked to his david brandal hotmail account ..
----------------------------------------------------------
anyone with any information of this guys location is asked to contact myself or dave williamson at the atlantic school of skydiving, in total he owes people (to my knowledge) $850 , $580 of that money for a refund on a canopy that was never delivered

please contact us as a matter of urgency as this guy appears to leave debt wherever he goes and with whoever he "buys" from

Man, that really sux! I guess things are a bit different being in another country, but I have had no problem with having canopies shipped to me pending funds. Generally, this goes through a dz, although in both cases they came to my home for inspection (my bf is a rigger). Rec'd, inspected, then paid for. I'm not trusting enough to paypal someone $$ b4 I have a product in my hands. Scary. Good luck on recovery of your funds.

Angela.

david rstarted to refund me

he sent$70 as a "goodwill" gesture then said he'd send the other $580 the following week.. nothing

so he says he has to sell the sabre to get my money for me!!!

so i said well hes' an idea.. send the sabre.. like the original deal was.. i posted on here.. i got an email.. he asked for his $70 back!!!!

i've told him i'm not sending the $70 till i get my canopy!!

am i in the wrong?

Fuck it, time to talk to the police. Find out how to file a criminal complaint and have the fucker arrested.

I wouldn't send anybody money for gear unless the deal was being brokered by a reputable gear dealer. It's even worth paying extra for the service.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !