Muppetdog

Other Countries

well you better hurry cause summer is nearly over. well i am in the uk and am from new zealand. i am being told that you need to fedrate in what ever country you go to. you are federated with america. you are not federated with any other country so why should you be able to jump in their country without paying them money for third party.
You turn up here(any country) with your license and your log books. you then pay about 60 u.s. dollars in wjhatever country you want to jump and then you are fedrated. a bit of advice though, get your jump numbers up and make sure you have have your own gear because the u.s. dollar is weak and the euro is stronger while the pound is very expensive. i have not been to finland but have a good mate 'kujo' over there and he tells me the jumping is fantastic. here in uk it is shit weather. they have the mtv sky day in austria at the end of august and then there is the go fast boggie in switzerland.
there is some great events over here but this part of the world is not cheap. hope some of this helps

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

To be fair, the weather's not that sh1t in the UK, as a weekend jumper, I do 250ish jumps a year...(90% of those in Scotland B|) ;)

Oh and temporary membership of the BPA is currently £24.08 which works out at around $35-$40, and lasts you a month.
---
Swoopert, CS-Aiiiiiii!
Piccies

to be fair the weather is extremley shit in scotland. i live in kenmore and it rains every bloody weekend. where in scotland are you? you do 250 jumps a year in weekends. i have lived here a year and have not seen weekends that are jumpable very often.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Au contraire, my friend, at Skydive Strathallan, the Scottish Parachute Club, we do over 10,000 jumps a year, including 1,200 first timers, from 3 Cessna 206s, with the occasional turbine for big events. We are the oldest and biggest club in Scotland. Directions here. We're open usually just Saturdays and Sundays, 9am-dark (between 4:30-10:30 dependent on time of year), and Friday nights in the summer, 5pm-dark. This week we are open from 5pm tonight right through until dark next Sunday, for our Annual Student Progression Week. Why not come along...if you're coming by train or bus, let me know and I'll come pick you up from the station...B|
---
Swoopert, CS-Aiiiiiii!
Piccies

yeah cheers mate i phoned you guys up about a month ago and have not been able to get out there cause weekends is a bad time for me. my plans are to get out there in the next couple of weeks. I tell you what it is a gorgeous day today. hope everything is going a bit better for you guys now. it was awful shifting here and the next day reading the tabloids.
i will see you in the near future..

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Most national aero clubs honor certification issued by most other national aero clubs. Just make sure your USAP membership is paid up and you have proof of medical insurance.
I have fond memories of jumps I made in Portugal, France, Germany, Austria and Holland.

Hi There,

If you have a valid License and USPA membership and a logbook, and are current, you'd have no problem jumping in South Africa. I think you'd need to become a temp PASA member, which would cost you aprox $17 and be valid for 3 months.

We don't require medical insurance. If you smash yourself and don't have any - we just don't make the call. If you do have, you'll be flown out in a nice twin turbine helicopter.

If you have your own gear, the reserve would need to be in date by our 180 day repack rule.

t
It's the year of the Pig.

Just jumped in France, and had to get a French license. I was told that the USPA membership was not recognized there. I am not sure it is actually the case, it could have been that particular dropzone. I think it has to do with the fact that the FFP (French Parachuting Federation) requires a medical visit and statement by a doctor that one is fit to skydive. No US doctor would issue such a statement due to liability... However, I was told that the FFP membership would allow me to jump in any country. Once again, not sure everything above is true. But that's what I was told.

Nick

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Concerning Germany:
In Germany your license normally will be accepted. Of course, each DZ can make up their own rules but the ones I know don't have a problem with the USPA license.
At some places they probably want you to do your first jump with an instructor.
To get the most accurate answer to your question just visit the homepages of the parachute organization of each country. The good thing in doing this is, that they normally send you an answer which you can take with you in a printed version to stop funny and sometimes unnecessary DZ policies like "You first have to sign here and join our club and sign there and pay for this " and so on.
vSCR No.94
Don't dream your life - live your dream!

In Switzerland, it depends on the DZ.
If you are current and have at least two hundred loggeg jumps you should not have any problems to jump anywhere.
However the A license is not always considered as good enough to let you jump if you don't have a certain amount of jumps.

I had an A licence with about a 100 jumps when I moved to switzerland but one of the DZ I went to did not let me jump... [:/] The fact that I jump without a cypress did not really help...:D
I now had to redo the test jumps to get a Swiss license and aced everything.... but i still have to do the theory part of the license and pass the test. Until I do that I am still considered a student. And since they offer the course twice a year I will be considered a student for the next six months...[:/]

"We see the world just the way we are...

yeah that was me mate i got One log book, just dont have my first 100 jumps log book. my new wings is being sent over from new zealand in about 3 weeks so will be producing sun for your dz. dude, today it is raining in kenmore, where is the sun.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

If I wanted to say, skydive all of Europe, how do they look at USPA licenses and what is the procedure?

MD

Mark,

Well I've jumped in 35 or 40 countries over the years in various continents. My licence is Australian Parachute Federation (APF).

I've never had a problem with being able to jump in any new country. Sometimes I've had to take out temporary membership of the local parachute organisation. A few times I've had to become a full member (which is how I became the first, and possible the only ever foreign member of the Indian Parachute Association, but that's another story).

Make sure your log book is up to date. The more jumps you have when you go travelling, the better. Take your own gear. Always smile when you arrive at a new place. Always drink beer with them after.

So have fun skydiving all over Europe.

Blue Skies,

fergs :)