Mad47

To those who sell gear at dz.com

Someone has already warned about this crap before. Read the message below and be careful when sell your gear online.

Anton

want me to forward the check to you, i want you to give me the name that will be on cheque and your
physical address which you will like to recievethe cheque with your cell phone number and land line
,but if you will prefer to receive the check in your bank i will want you to provide all the
necessary info concerning your bank (bank name and address , account #and rounting #, so that i can
order my client to wire the payment to your bank asap.more over the balance on the excess funds will
be base on shipping bcos they are having other consignment for me to do the pick up, the shipper's
will be incharges of sign all relevant document,i will like to know if may mode of payment is
accepted
by you or not . i will really appreiciate your instant response.
Thanks

....i will want you to provide all the
necessary info concerning your bank (bank name and address , account #and rounting #,

This is the "Red Flag" and something you
should not NEVER give to a private party.

Just to clarify your point a bit...for those unaware.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

My dense friend was a victim of this type of scam. He was selling something on the internet for about $3000 and got a buyer from somewhere in Africa who send a cashier's check drawn on a Florida bank account. The "ship to" address for the goods being sold was in Great Britain.

I don't know if my friend tried to cash the check at a Western Union or was attempting to send money back as the result of an overpayment on shipping or what, but Western Union refused to process any amount of money over $1000 to any African country unless certain stipulations were met. This finally sent up a red flag in my friends head.

He contacted the individual and told them that the bank won't credit his account for 30 days and shipping was delayed.

You guessed it. The cashiers check bounced...fake bank account numbers although it was a legit bank.

My friend contacted the FBI, Secret Service, and US Postal Inspection Service, all three of which blew him off.

Wiring money may work differently. Talk to your bank first. I successfully did a wire transfer from Kuwait into my account, but I set it up with my bank first to restrict my account to no outgoing transactions (savings account).

david
--------------------------------------------------
Failure to prepare is preparing to fail

If Igor from Skydive Sonomish contacts you and wants you to send anthing to the DZ before he sends money it is legit.
I have made a transaction with Igor and it was quick and fair.
There was a write up on his practice in a skydiving mag. He is buying gear to send to Russia

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid

just a hint for selling: request a postal money order as payment. if they try to fuck you over it becomes mail fraud which is a federal offense. and a second tip is beware when selling anything to anyone in Africa, particularly Nigeria the kingpin of scams....

As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD...

....i will want you to provide all the
necessary info concerning your bank (bank name and address , account #and rounting #,

This is the "Red Flag" and something you
should not NEVER give to a private party.

Just to clarify your point a bit...for those unaware.

I've bought quite a few bits of gear from dz'commers and always paid by wire transfer. My bank required beneficiary's bank name, address, account #, beneficiary's name and address, and SWIFT code to do the transaction. How are you even supposed to have your bank transfer money to somebody if you do not have their bank name/account/etc?

Check out what this fucking wanker sent me as well.....

I am willing to buy your (Lotus 2 136, Only 350 jumps, Airlocked) for $900 my mode of payment will lays on certified cashier's check drawn in U.S funds , i will be informing my client in U.S who be forwarding a check of $5,000 to you on my behave , i will be handling the shipping, and every relevant title, if you want me to forward the check to you, i want you to give me the name that will be on cheque and your physical address which you will like to recieve the cheque with your cell phone number and land line ,but if you will prefer to receive the check in your bank i will want you to provide all the necessary info concerning your bank (bank name and address , account #and rounting #, so that i can order my client to wire the payment to your bank asap.more over the balance on the excess funds will be base on shipping bcos they are having other consignment for me to do the pick up, the excess funds will be send via WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER as soon as the check get to you and i want you to consider your item sold to me, the shipper's will be incharges of sign all relevant document,i will like to know if may mode of payment is accepted by you or not . i will really appreiciate your instant response.
Thanks

Fuck this guy......I gave him quite the mail back. I'm sure he wont want to buy my Lotus now......;)

This type of scam , seems to be the same one that was going on last winter on snowest.com snowmobile forum site...and a bit on ebay also....

Be careful......nothing worse than getting scammed by those losers...

===================
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting - "fcuk me what a ride!"

Seller beware! I recently posted a BASE rig to sell, and received an identical response. The email address was "[email protected]", user name "walex tom".

This "overpayment cheque scam" is widely referenced in various internet and paper articles. Targets include anyone selling high dollar items on the internet, i.e. cars, motorcycles, livestock, and sporting equipment.

This neanderthal would probably get more responses from his prey if s/he improved his/her spelling, grammar, and punctuation...

I am willing to buy your (Perigee II / Mojo 220) for $1500 my mode of payment will lays on certified casheir's check drawn in U.S funds, i will be informing my client in U.S who be forwarding a check of $6000 to you on my behalf , i will be handling the shipping, and every relevant title, if you want me to forward the check to you, i want you to give me the name that will be on cheque and your physical address which you will like to recieve the cheque with your cell phone number and land line. More over the balance on the excess funds wi ll be base on shipping bcos they are having other consignment for me to do the pick up, the excess funds will be send as soon as the check get to you and i want you to consider your item sold to me, the shipper's will be incharges of sign all relevant document,i will like to know if may mode of payment is accepted by you or not . i will really appreiciate your instant response.
Thanks

I just got this last night.!!!

I am willing to buy your FXC AAD. Please send me the last asking price. My mode of payment will lays on certified cashier's check drawn in U.S funds. I will handle shipping. Send manys of pictures if you have by email.

My question is that if I agree to sell him the gear, give him the total price and let him send the "certified check". Can I give the check to the bank and tell them to check it out and let me know when they are sure it is real and legit then I will send the gear. I would NEVER send gear before I recieve verified hard funds. Will that work. I just sold some gear to a guy who I just new was a fake, and turned out to be a pro in this sport. I felt like a idot. I am not so sure that this guy is not just a guy looking for gear all off dz.com and used the same wording to ask for the gear. The person that sent me the e-mail never tried to use the "I send you overfunds you send me money back" scam, but it could be a fake check. Let me know what I can do so I can tell this guy whats up. Thanks

Most likely its a scam. Ask the guy for a phone number i bet you won't hear from him again, Also even if you cash the check which the bank will do if it's not to fake but it might take up to 30 days for the check to clear then you are out of your rig and bank nocking on your door to get their money back, I get those e-mails 3 times a week for selling motorcycle. Check out nigiren scam on the net find more info. good luck and don't get scamed

Ok thanks I did not know that it took that long to clear a certified check. I thought it was backed up by funds when they got it. But if they made it themselves then it is not backed by anything. I think I will pass on this person. Thanks again we need to find the person and burn their nads or nipples on a glowing red hot plate until they agree to quit. B|

If Igor from Skydive Sonomish contacts you and wants you to send anthing to the DZ before he sends money it is legit.
I have made a transaction with Igor and it was quick and fair.

I too have done business with Igor. Very nice guy!! Good and true to his word!!

With all of the scams going on, it's always better to be safe than sorry. I would rather loose a deal than get screwed by a scam. :S

First I will say that the name on his e-mail was BOB OWEN ([email protected]) here are the mail details and the message he sent. Is that the same e-mail address that sent you the message? If anyone knows that he is legit please let me know so I can call off "the dogs" thanks.

Hello, i am willing to purchase your (FXC AAD ) and i want you to tell me the present condition. I want you to give me the last asking price and my mode of payment lays on casheir's check drawn in U.S funds. I will handle the shipping. If you many pics you can send it via mail.Thanks

Return-Path:
Received: from webmail-outgoing.us4.outblaze.com ([205.158.62.67])
by lakermmtai20.cox.net
(InterMail vM.6.01.03.02.01 201-2131-111-104-103-20040709)
with ESMTP
id <20040824014224.IFJG17284.lakermmtai20.cox.net@webmail-outgoing.us4.outblaze.com>
for ; Mon, 23 Aug 2004 21:42:24 -0400
Received: from wfilter.us4.outblaze.com (wfilter.us4.outblaze.com [205.158.62.180])
by webmail-outgoing.us4.outblaze.com (Postfix) with QMQP id DDD321800432
for ; Tue, 24 Aug 2004 01:42:22 +0000 (GMT)
X-OB-Received: from unknown (205.158.62.86)
by wfilter.us4.outblaze.com; 24 Aug 2004 01:42:22 -0000
Received: by ws5-4.us4.outblaze.com (Postfix, from userid 1001)
id C699C23EF6F; Tue, 24 Aug 2004 01:42:22 +0000 (GMT)
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Disposition: inline
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
MIME-Version: 1.0
X-Mailer: MIME-tools 5.41 (Entity 5.404)
Received: from [213.185.113.52] by ws5-4.us4.outblaze.com with http for
[email protected]; Tue, 24 Aug 2004 09:42:22 +0800
To: [email protected]
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 09:42:22 +0800
Subject: FXC AAD
X-Originating-Ip: 213.185.113.52
X-Originating-Server: ws5-4.us4.outblaze.com
Message-Id: <[email protected]>