billvon

Backing in on a 104 way

Jason, I had no idea that you posted here. I guess I'm slow when it comes to connecting Posting names and real names:S

I really should have taken our picture again, as it didn't come out as nice as I wanted.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Hey, I snowboard! Never been hurt while doing it. Never mind I said that. Now I'll have to watch myself this season, cause I'm doomed since I said it[:/]
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Hey, I snowboard! Never been hurt while doing it. Never mind I said that. Now I'll have to watch myself this season, cause I'm doomed since I said it

You had better not before I get out there or while im out there >:(
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

Hey, I snowboard! Never been hurt while doing it. Never mind I said that. Now I'll have to watch myself this season, cause I'm doomed since I said it

You had better not before I get out there or while im out there >:(

:ph34r:Are you trying to get me to hijack this thread?

Are you trying to get me to hijack this thread?

No just making a point....

To bring this back on topic...when I grow up as a skydiver I wanna be just like you guys! Doing these kick ass bigway formations! :)
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

when I grow up as a skydiver I wanna be just like you guys! Doing these kick ass bigway formations!

Very soon little one, very soon:)

Hi Renee,

The way I got in (after 3 years jumping and 500 jumps & a D license) was to go to 3 of Kate, Dan & Tony's big way camps; they recommended me to Roger Ponce for the Cross Keys big way; applied and got invited to the TSR by Tom Jenkins; applied to POPS world record and got invited by Carey Peck after a recommendation from Dan BC; and then applied to the big way sequentials.

On these jumps I have gotten to know the plane captains who captain other events as well, as well as the big way organizers.

Basically, show them you can fly the slot everytime, make sure they know your name, ask for their recommendation, and then apply, apply, apply.

Good luck. Hope to see you at some of the big ways.

Blues,

Blue skies,

Jim

Hey, guys? (and gals)

The photographers make their living off of those pictures. If they posted nice bright high-resolution ones on the web, people would download them and they would get nothing.

Getting to the skill level to jump on bigway as video/photo is very expensive and time consuming.

As a Shutterfly photographer myself, I would suggest you purchase a copy of the photo/formation you are interested in a smaller size (5 X 7). If you don't like it, Shutterfly has a money back guarantee, and it's fast as lightening. If you do like it, get a 20 X 60!

Cheers!

The problem is the best are not in the seventeen there. There were better pictures being displayed there. With shutterfly you can't copy them and if you could there's the big PROOF across the picture so why not show the high quality? I do understand the time, expense and experience involved.

Ob will update the good ones on his site. They post them on the wall for fols to order at the events, then they put them up on the sites later on. I am sure OB has been busy printing pictures and sending them out along with burning copies of the DVD for people. That takes time. He will have them up sooner or later.

Plus, a lot of those shots are being sent to Parachutist for cover shot consideration. They are also using one of the Hybrid shots on the Calender that they will be handing out to the competitors at Nationals. Parachutist won't use a picture if it has been used or sent to another publication. SO I bet they are being real careful about how these pictures get posted.

For those of you that don't understand those where some pretty impressive dives Tony enginered for us.
Dom

Jason, I had no idea that you posted here. I guess I'm slow when it comes to connecting Posting names and real names:S

I really should have taken our picture again, as it didn't come out as nice as I wanted.

yeah there could have been better pictures of us, well next time

Eric, that Splash was pretty fast with those fingers, and he got them perfect.

I'm so bummed I didn't get a picture of you. Next time, and we'll get pictures in the tunnel.