gemini

When selecting a dz to visit, the most important 3 items to me are ...

Please select the three most important items that would influence your decision to visit a particular DZ. For example you have a chance to visit a DZ that had a great night life, but the the jumps are $18 versus another DZ that has limited on-site facilities but jumps cost $15.

Blue skies,

Jim

I jump at a DZ because I like the people and the attitude there. It also depends on what I want to do. If I am in need of some serious 4-way work, I will head to the local DZ that has organizing and some great people to jump with. If I just want to get out of the plane, I will jump where the attitude is the best. Of course, I have only jumped out of Otters so not sure if aircraft would be an issue when visiting a DZ or not. . .lol!
FGF #6
Darcy

1) Safety is always #1
2) Friends to re-aquaint with or make new ones
3) Event (might just be a vacation to meet new people).

Some of the most fun I've had at a DZ was where they only had a Cessna-182!

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

I like the boobies idea....that always makes it nice....but for a visiting newbie, getting someone to jump with you is a priority and that depends mostly on the friendliness of the locals - and on their availability, of course.

AND....if you have something going on after sundown......so much the better! ( that's where the boobies come in, right?)
:):S
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

1. safety (it should be on the list: i recently visited one of the most popular in the country and it sucks on safety (absolutely ZERO load organization by staff and even local jumpers) compared to my little DZ (in my 'newbie' opinion, which, in my less experienced voice, matters a lot i should in this high turnover sport))

1(b). friendliness

2. aircraft

3. location

A nice grassy landing area, big enough to accommodate 150-ways.

A clean, shaded packing area.

Clean washrooms.

Good points.
Well, of the choices in the poll, I said Aircraft, Location, and Local Friendliness.

I can deal with washrooms that are not perfectly spiffy, and I have yet to jump where there was not shaded packing area or adequate landing area.

But I can't help wishing that the water at Sebastian did not smell like ten million match-heads!! UGH!!

-Jeffrey
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

1. safety (it should be on the list: i recently visited one of the most popular in the country and it sucks on safety (absolutely ZERO load organization by staff and even local jumpers) ...

Maybe I'm not understanding your post:

It's not clear to me how having (or not having) load organizers can be interpreted in terms of safety.

Or by "load organization" are you referring to exit order and exit spacing issues?

Or what?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

yeah, exit order i meant... one area i visited, people were just jumping on an otter and not a word between them. maybe they are all locals and know whats what, but i remember people moving around the plane on the exits more than once. i'm not shy, and spoke up every time i got on, but it certainly wasn't a warm experience...

Cost, Aircraft and friendliness are factors when re-visting a DZ or if I was taking a skydiving vacation.

As a longhaul trucker I've jumped in 40 states and 79 DZ's, consider it a cool job perkB|. When I'm after a new state/DZ or just passing thru and jonesing for a jump its any port in a storm:ph34r:.

ChileRelleno-Rodriguez Bro#414
Hellfish#511,MuffBro#3532,AnvilBro#9, D24868

Well, safety as mentioned multiple times above is the #1 issue. Besides from that, for me the most important thing is the attitude of the local jumpers.
Is it easy to get in contact?
Are they snobby / arrogant?
Do they help/integrate newbies?
Do some stay over night - not necessarily to get drunk all the times but to just have fun.
vSCR No.94
Don't dream your life - live your dream!