justaflygirl

Christian Skydivers...

Yup, Christian Skydivers Association.

If you can't find them online, just go to a boogie and look for the group that's having the least fun.

Now why would a bunch of Christians be the group that's having the least fun? Our head dude, JC, is the one who turns water into the best wine after all the guests have already gotten drunk on the cheap stuff.

Also, one of his last commands to us was to drink wine and remember him when we do. So drink up.

If you can't find them online, just go to a boogie and look for the group that's having the least fun.

If it wasn't you Garreth, it probably wouldn't have made me laugh as much.

-however-

There are loads of christian skydivers, and you simply are wrong :)
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Also, one of his last commands to us was to drink wine and remember him when we do. So drink up.

Hehe, yup! As good ol Ben Franklin said, "Wine is sure proof God loves us and wants us to be happy!" :)

And yes, I'm a Christian.

Sorry you seem to see a negative about this organization. What have they ever done to you?

ltdiver

Bugger all. It was a joke, O humor impaired one.

If it wasn't you Garreth, it probably wouldn't have made me laugh as much.

-however-

There are loads of christian skydivers, and you simply are wrong :)

Of course I am. I never let the facts get in the way of cheap laugh though.

WOW! What a great response, I too have sent off for my CSA application, and will proudly wear their patch! God bless you all
:)

I was going to join. I was really excited too. Alas I could not.

The Statment of faith's very first sentence:

I confess that I am a sinner in a lost and dying world.

We are each one of us sinners... but in a lost and dying world? That is far too defeatest IMO. lol

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!

I'm NOT a Christian, or otherwise religious. However, I think it's great that skydiving attracts a broad spectrum of people, including those of different faiths, genders, nationalities, sexual orientation, economic class, etc.

For me, this is a people sport, and I would get bored if all skydivers fit a narrow profile.

Edited for spelling.

Skydive Chicago has a regular Christian service on Sunday. It is attended in varying degrees, and is another option (not the only one). It co-exists with everything else.
|
I don't drink during the day, so I don't know what it is about this airline. I keep falling out the door of the plane.

Harry, FB #4143

Christians are not devisive they just dont drink and get nude. and they pray for ya.

serious they are great

Ron is a great guy. Christian skydiving is his baby.

I wonder if ron could land with just his angel wings and not that old canopy. still land in the peas.

My only complaint is ron flat packs ( how offensive )

but he is a great guy and a christian.

Christians are not devisive they just dont drink and get nude. and they pray for ya.

Yeah we drink!

"Take this all of you and drink from it..."
-Jesus

"Woah! Is that really the blood of Christ?... Man, that guy must have been wasted 24 hours a day, huh?"
-Peter Griffin

:D:D:D

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!

Sorry you seem to see a negative about this organization. What have they ever done to you?

ltdiver

Bugger all. It was a joke, O humor impaired one.

I'm a Christian, and I thought it was very funny! It's so stereotypical, isn't it?
For my part, I know nothing with any certainty,
But the sight of the stars makes me dream.
-Vincent Van Gogh

Just wondering how many of us are out there and if there is any "group" so to speak...

I would like to make friends with others with a strong christian faith, that share the same love for skydiving that I do.

Post up, let me know who you are, maybe we can start a group of somesort if there isnt one already!:)

Just wanted to keep this, somewhat related to category (General Skydiving)
Maybe all can plan to get togther sometime in Ca.
Or PM me, I'm gonna make a list from this post and keep in touch.
I would like to do again what was done in Perris, years ago.
Skydive Chicago sounds like a really good dropzone from what I have read and heard from here.
I hope this post thread, does not drift away too much further from original intent!

Gary Calhoun

Hi flygirl. During the ride to altitude I pray for everyone's safety, even the pilot's. So far it has been successful everytime. You'll find christian skydivers who will jump with you. And non-christian skydivers who will jump with you. Enjoy them both. Love in Christ, Harry

That's right Chris, about Chicago having services every Sunday morning. I wish more DZ's did. We Christians could easily make that happen. Just need a little yard space and I'm sure it would be real easy to find a local pastor who would come and do it.

jt

Let's all do this safe enough that we can still do this in our 90's.

Solly Williams of the world 4-way championship team, Deland Majik is a very commited Christian. I spent a few wonderful minutes with him last week talking about and giving praise to our Lord.

As others have posted, I pray before gearing up, while waiting to load and most of the way up in the plane. I pray for forgiveness, pray for the safety of all, pray thanking God that He has given me this wonderful form of recreation and pray for my family.

jt

Let's all do this safe enough that we can still do this in our 90's.

While my profile is irrelevant to the discussion at hand, I would like to suggest formation of the following organizations: (i) Republicans for Skydiving; (ii) Creationists for Skydiving; (iii) Anti-Abortionists for Skydiving; (iv) Kill-everybody-who-is-different-than-me-and-not-a-Christian-American for Skydiving; (v) God is an old man w/ a long, white beard for Skydiving; (vi) Jesus actually looks like Tom Hanks for Skydiving. Any takers?

And no, this is not SC, so I will stop and not reply any further. But if you feel offended by my post, so was I by the initial post.

It would be nice if you filled out your profile.... And this is General Skydiving Discussions.