SkyyPunk

Wild Whuffo Stories

Just wondering what kind of stories people have come up with that you have heard or heard of. I know it may be wrong to laugh but everyone needs a good laugh correct? Like the typical idea to pick up women beinbg a guy sitting there doing a H.A.L.O. jump with 3 jumps or in some cases Teresa told me this one someone trying to convince her that hes a regular jumper at her DZ. So what are those wild and crazy stories youve let others tell you or heard others say right before you punk em out?

:D:D:D:D:D
-Punk

Im noone special. Im just an asshole, Like you.
It's not my fault Im ugly, just like it's not your fault your stupid.

an acquaintance from out of town that i took to the DZ to do a tandem jump. she said she had been skydiving before, that a friend had a cessna and loaned her his rig, showed her how to deploy the BOC - she went up and jumped several times with no problems (no training in stability either apparantly). i didnt have to punk her out though, she got down from the tandem jump hyperventalating and puking. later she stuck by her story of soloing from the cessna several times :S
edit to add that the TM later told me she had no idea how to hold an arch and freaked out on the exit.

As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD...

she said she had been skydiving before, that a friend had a cessna and loaned her his rig
------------------------------------------------------------

I had a fellow try to convince me of this once. He told me he had " a whole bunch of jumps" and that he was cuurently learning how to do "tricks".
This guy was such a backwoods redneck I didn't even bother to argue with him. I asked him what kind of tricks he could do and his reply was " just all the usual tricks" Needless to say I didn't believe him:S

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes!

I had a soldier of mine tell me he had done 17 skydives. He proceeded to tell me that he went with his sister on her first skydive and it freaked her out as he swooped down to her during her AFF skydive. He then told me he had 2 base jumps, one from a bridge and one from a cliff. As a side note, he was pretty well known as a perpetual liar. I punked him out with a couple easy questions that any skydiver would know, which, of course, he couldn't answer. I later told him he shouldn't try to sell his BS to a person he knew was a skydiver, he'd only make a fool of himself. It was quite comical.

Blues,
Nathan
Blues,
Nathan

If you wait 'til the last minute, it'll only take a minute.

I work with this guy who told me when I was starting skydiving that he used to be an instructor.

Well, I wore my closing pin necklace to work the other day. My friend asked him if he saw it. He said ya, why is she wearing a fishing lure around her neck. He actually thought it was for fishing.

Today he was talking to me about flaring my canopy. I had been having problems for awhile. He told me to start my flare at 40 feet above the ground. (I think he wants me dead)

I laughed in his face and walked away.

This guy is a total lier about everything....
Punky Monkey
You may never get rid of the butterflies, but you can teach them how to fly in formation

Had whuffos talk about watching a guy land a streamer but plf'ing right out of it to be okay. Another time some girl was talking all about skydiving, but didn't have a clue. I took her to my place and showed her my rig. She must have felt bad, because she certainly made up for it after that. :)

If you want a good whuffo story to tell, do this. First, tell the other jumpers what you are doing so they will go along.

Then, get in a crowd of whuffos, preferably rednecks and pretend to be a whuffo. It won't take long to find an easy target, ie: the big talker. Encourage his bravado, let him set himself up and then say, "I will if you will."

It can get really funny. Billy Bob, you go ahead.

Ed

due its late and im drinking sorry...lol hey come to party poker play texas hold em
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

A guy who lives by the dropzone told me he made two solo jumps and on the second one he landed in his yard. He said he wasn't scared and he was one wild and craaaaazy dude .... he just leaps out of the plane YEAH I'M A BADASS. Then he made this funny sideways jump and made a motion like he was pulling his ripcord like he saw on tv. I guess he didn't realize that was exactly where his cutaway handle would have been on a REAL jump. Yeah, I always pull my cutaway handle right out the door, I'm just a badass like that.

If you want a good whuffo story to tell, do this. First, tell the other jumpers what you are doing so they will go along.

Then, get in a crowd of whuffos, preferably rednecks and pretend to be a whuffo. It won't take long to find an easy target, ie: the big talker. Encourage his bravado, let him set himself up and then say, "I will if you will."

It can get really funny. Billy Bob, you go ahead.

Ed

Done it. It never works. They will agree to do it on the spot because they cant appear to be a pussy, but then later they find all kinds of things that prevent them from following through that they have no control over.

"Hey I'd do it, but my house just burned to the ground and I have to save up for a new one. After that I'm in for sure!"
__

My mighty steed

This is a second hand story but I heard about someone joining a university club. When asked if they'd ever jumped they were adamant that they'd done two tandem base-jumps :o

After some thought everyone decided that they was confusing parachuting with paragliding. Honest mistake, but still...

"That's not flying ... That's falling with style!" - (Woody, Toy Story)

They will agree to do it on the spot because they cant appear to be a pussy, but then later they find all kinds of things that prevent them from following through that they have no control over.

"Hey I'd do it, but my house just burned to the ground and I have to save up for a new one. After that I'm in for sure!"

That is exactly what I expect to happen. One almost started putting the rig on before he backed out. A lawyer can be quite inventive when it comes to backing out. I would like to see these same guys just off the ski lift at the top of a mountain. How are you gonna talk your way out of that one?

Ed

Old Telesis and PigMee (sp?) SOS Ripcord systems have the ripcord-to-deploy-the-main handle on the right MLW, and a single cutaway-main-and-deploy-reserve fabric loop on left.

Anything is possible, but I kinda doubt the guy had this for student gear last year.

Australian DZs need to use ripcord activated student gear with as SOS handle. The OpRegs don't say where the main ripcord is mounted.

If the DZ has a training waiver, they can use throwouts and other things.
--
Arching is overrated - Marlies

Australian DZs need to use ripcord activated student gear with as SOS handle. The OpRegs don't say where the main ripcord is mounted.

If the DZ has a training waiver, they can use throwouts and other things.

We use ripcords, but they are located on the hip near where a throwout would be. It supposedly makes the transition that little bit easier. We've used this system for many years now.

We still have the SOS on the left.

nothing to see here