schwede

VIGIL in the U.S

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

World Team Thailand had a misfire at 30 meters:

Rumor has it that that unit had also not been in for its 4 year and was over due.

It misfired on the ground after the jumper landed in front of a huge airforce radar unit.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Also Ron...I think we all get your opinion on new things around here...do we have to hear it again for the 40th time now??? It gets a tad repetative.

Then stop reading my posts.

There are new folks on here every day....You don't like what I write...don't read it.

Enough said.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

OK...

No more then and than mistakes. I am exhausted by the people meaning "then" and type "than"cause it sounds (almost) the same....

Grammar police here people! Figure it out or your posts are meaningless as you look like a fool.

than I should be considering whether or not I stay in this sport.

Chris

Please, you make us all look like fools! Sorry, just a major pet peeve, you have to understand.

(edited for spelling, how "foolish" of me!)

You don't like what I write...don't read it.

I never said I didn't like what you write...but said you post the same thing over and over and over and over...I have counted over 25 threads that you have posted this same info on....

Marc
otherwise known as Mr.Fallinwoman....

No it deployed at 30 meters up, like I said. The jumper was setting up to land when the freebag fell down.

I'm not sure about AAD maintanance regulations in Belgium, also didn't ask about this specific unit. I'll ask some belgians next time I see some ;)

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Grammer police here people! Figure it out or your posts are meaningless as you look like a fool.

Spelling police here people!

It really doesn't bother me if someone has imperfect command of the written word, but I did find it particularly ironic that in a post where you claim people who make simple mistakes look like "fools", you make a simple mistake. If you're going to make claims like that, you'd better not make mistakes in the same post, or you're labeling yourself a fool.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

I never said I didn't like what you write...but said you post the same thing over and over and over and over...I have counted over 25 threads that you have posted this same info on....

Ya know there was a guy on here that was going to buy this really neat canopy from a buddy...

The guy only wanted a couple of hundred bucks for a ZP 9 cell with less than 100 jumps on it..A good deal right?

Well that canopy was a Nova....Was it still a good deal?

He didn't know about the Nova....I bet more folks that read this post don't know what a Nova is.

I also bet that they don't know about the ASTRA, and how great it was hyped to be. And there are still folks that don't know that AAD's are not perfect. And that new products have new issues.

Like it or not....I will say what I want....And if I like it or not, you don't have to like it.

Like it or not, someone will learn something.

Not everyone reads every post....Hell, Im on here all the time, and I don't read every post.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Ron,

You're doing your best to fight the good fight. Sometimes you're a bit repetitive...maybe a bit abrasive...but in my opinion your intentions are good....so consider this a bit of praise.

.....Back to the Vigil thread.....

I'm officially on the fence about getting my Vigil order completed pending the outcome of the investigation of the recently reported Deland incident. I believe Kim will give us a straight answer after the unit has been examined and I reserve judgment until that time. (Might not be your test jumper after all, Ron....sorry.;))
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Kim:
Haven't heard you in a while. What's up chica? No this isn't throwing down the gauntlet or anything. Mine is already ordered, just wanted to know what was up from Vigil's perspective.

Give kim some time, Im sure she has her hands full, with the emails just alone, I also can vouch that I saw her at the dz immediately after the incedent, trying to find out what happened.
Also she is just an employee, so she has to wait for the results to come back from the manufacturer, and for the owner to decide what the press or public release of what happened. Also Vigil Usa also claims that there has only been one misfire, the other two they have a answer for. I have my own opinions on them and I hold them back and keep them more open until I can talk to someone from vigil that can show me the results, and if they wont show me the results then I will feel free to make my own opinion with the best knowledge that I have already.

Ray
Small and fast what every girl dreams of!

Look at the new Skydiving Magazine, there is a detailed article on the incedent's and pictures. Still no answer on the firing at 3000 ft but there is some information on the two firings previous.

Ray

Ray,

When did you receive the magazine? Is it the march issue? Last one I got was the February issue.

Murray
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Ray,

When did you receive the magazine? Is it the march issue? Last one I got was the February issue.

Murray

Yeah its in the March issue. Hopefully Vigil will have something to add, I heard that they sent the unit that misfired to a 3rd party to test it, there should be some results soon.

Ray