Miami

Interesting Otter Modification

Strange...

I just happened to see a plane at Peterson AFB that looked EXACTLY like that, but the minny verticle stabs were a lot cleaner then. You guy's need to wash your airplanes.

Air Force test dirt, do not wash!

Ray
Small and fast what every girl dreams of!

Who's to say that picture isn't classified? Now that you have seen it, we have to kill you... The leak (Miami) has been eradicated, and a puppet personality has been set up to cover up the conspiracy. Any thing posted from Miami is not from him. Beware, as the government is out to get you. Just look take the TSA for an example.

For more trivia points: what other (visible) modification is standard on Twin Otter float planes?

Stub nose even if it's a -200/-300 Otter?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Diverdriver wins!

While all 100 series Twin Otters have snub noses ... only 200 series and 300 series get snub noses when they float.
200 and 300 series on wheels get long noses.

You know the Otter modifcation Mile-Hi really needs to do to their new (most bodacious Otter) is to add a sound system like Eloy has. Time will tell, but I hope to be back next summer jumping the Otter, King Air and yes even the Cessna while I swoop the pond. :)

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Not sure if there is an extra weight restriction on the nose compartment due to choppy water or maybe it is due to water spray and keeping from the engines. But those are just guesses but I had heard this before that float Otters get the stub nose. Aparently, that's not always true. Not sure why.
Chris Schindler
www.diverdriver.com
ATP/D-19012
FB #4125