Hans

chuting star rigging loft relocates

The good stuff is that their staff of senior riggers and riggers-in-training claim they do "major skydiving harness/container repairs and alterations." The FAA wouldn't like that since that is explicity a master rigger job. The web site also claims they have "master" riggers...whatever...they don't...not that it matters, but they just don't.

The copy for the services, FAQ, staff and contact pages were taken nearly verbatim from the chutingstar site...funny how they immediately have the same standards I have. :P

Mike

Not surprised they would do that... Nothing surprises me anymore about Ben and Cary. They proved they were capable of doing anything when they stole a dead man's business phone number...

Since the FAA wouldn't be too happy about their current supposed riggging loft arrangement, sic the FAA on them! :|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

You supported and enabled their actions for years. Why is this any different now? Just cause you're on the other side of the table?

Jumping a sinking ship doesn't suddenly make you 'the good guy' Mike.

Sorry - I can't say I feel particularly sorry for you.

Don't get me wrong. I'm happy that you don't associate with them anymore and maybe I'm being overly harsh but you're going have to prove to me that your intentions were more honorable than financial - after all you were happy to take peoples money (and a paycheck) for years until it began to affect YOUR bottom dollar.

For now, I'll remain the skeptic I am but I do hope that I'm proven wrong.
To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders. ~ Lao-Tzu

It's all good, they're my brothers ~ Mariann Kramer

he took a fairly large paycut ian.

all the staff rigs, and the dropzone rigs were on his rotation. if you have ever been there you would see that those alone would keep you busy for a month.

plus he didnt pay rent for his loft wich he is doing now. and to top it all off, he was the dz manager..

he left because of stress, not money. regardless of what he tells YOU.

taking things you have HEARD and judging someone you dont know, makes one judgmental. you will meet mike this weekend.

You supported and enabled their actions for years. Why is this any different now? Just cause you're on the other side of the table?

Don't get me wrong. I'm happy that you don't associate with them anymore and maybe I'm being overly harsh but you're going have to prove to me that your intentions were more honorable than financial - after all you were happy to take peoples money (and a paycheck) for years until it began to affect YOUR bottom dollar.

I don't want any sympathy...and a lot of people would tell you today that I'm not a 'good guy.' But whatever...I was just passing along what I found today...no worries. It's more funny to me than anything else as far as how they've pirated my web site of sorts...

Mike
ChutingStar.com

I can only speek for myself
in years past I did things I now wish I had not done.
I associated with people I now wish I had not
we grow and change with age..at lease most do

judge me for how I act now ,what i am now who I am now
not please what I once was

Mike did a demo jump for preston fords funeral
and jumped out of gregs aircraft..at a time when he could have gotten much greaf from ASC
and did not charge a dime

judge him for what he is now not what he once was

59 YEARS,OVERWEIGHT,BALDIND,X-GRUNT
LAST MIL. JUMP VIET-NAM(QUAN-TRI)
www.dzmemories.com

I am sure a lot of people are thinking the same thing. At the end of the day. mike has 100's of grey hairs due to all this stress....lol I don't think ASC is a sinking ship as of yet its just heading towards the iceberg. i'd rather be poor than stressed out. maybe it took him longer than it should of but so what he did it and that is all that matters....BTW its not just him we have plenty of people defecting from ASC. I've never jumped there but from what i can see the landing area sucks.........I mean really sucks
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

Learn to fly that fuckin' kite o' yours and you might could land there. In all reality the landing area is not that bad, far from the worst or tightest I've ever landed at. That said it ain't no 55 acre field either. ;)

Coming soon to a bowl of Wheaties near you!!

Mike, just as an aside I got a link request from their web-designer/plagiarist? - and he even emailed me from a 1800skride email address! When I, very politely, told him I would rather go blind than have anything to do with a "Ben and Jerry" operation, he apologized and claimed that he was the "new guy" and knew nothing of their practices :S - I (again politely) suggested that he might want to do some research before putting his name on any site over there.......
I wish they'd go down, I didn't want to have to renew the 1800skyrider.com url for another year :P
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

Maybe it took him longer than it should of but so what he did it and that is all that matters....

So by this logic, if Ben and Cary suddenly realize what they've been doing all this time is wrong and stop doing it we should consider them "good guys" for relizing they were profitting off of their deception, because whatever Mike is currently doing in his Honest Living situation, anything he gave up was part of the deception of B&C and he knew it. He did not just realize a couple of months ago that they were unethical, but he happily repacked all the tandem and student rigs and cashed all the B&C checks that thier deception provided him with.

Just my opinion,
Mark Klingelhoefer

edited for clarification

Then cast your stone at me to. I worked for them since the day it all started. I watched and helped spread the word about skyride. Then they took it to a new level and I smartened up and left. If I was in Mike's spot I may have stayed longer. Everyone who has ever jumped there has supported them.

The Farm

i was there for as long as hans was also. so i guess im guilty also...:|

I think "Guilt" is the Key word here... the three of you seem to have honest to goodness guilt about having been assoicated with them... That's a good thing.

edited to add: I know I'll look forward to visiting mike at his new loft whenever I get the chance to go to GA... B|
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...