reddevil1

Have you had a car accident driving to a dz

This one was november 2004 driving from the uk to empuriabrava in spain got there, booked in to a hotel, went out to get some food, a bit to tired to drive ,had a head on with a small van i was driving on the left ok in England not in SpainB|
The point of no return what a rush.

On the way home from our boogie last year....:(

An oncoming truck splashed so much water on my windshild I was blind - and it caused me to hydroplane at the exact same time... My lane was nearly dry until all the water came over the rail.

I turned 90 degrees and slid bumper first into the guard rail. Threw a bunch of sparks and was one of the most impressive 4th of july fire work shows I have seen in a while considering it was night... All cosmetic damage to the 4runner, airbags did not even go off. But still $4,000 of damage.

I am lucky to be alive, considering my auto was moving 55MPH sideways until it came to a stop. It could have flipped or bounced or anything - or if the guard rail changed or a pole or something, I could have been impaled or something..

Now when it rains real hard, I choose the far right lane, not the left.

Leaving the DZ as well, Keely. Remember when the new stop signs were put in at Case Road (and Goetz)? :S

The truck didn't stop and t-boned my beautiful Mustang. Totaled it. Wrecked my neck for 6 months. [:/]

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

That sucks, Lori! I remember your Mustang, but I didn't know it had been totaled. Glad to hear you weren't hurt any worse than that! (Though 6 months of neck pain isn't too much fun. [:/])

And I remember when those stop signs were put up. I almost ran one too, because the road was sort of dark and I wasn't expecting a stop sign to be there.

That sucks, Lori! I remember your Mustang, but I didn't know it had been totaled. Glad to hear you weren't hurt any worse than that! (Though 6 months of neck pain isn't too much fun. [:/])

And I remember when those stop signs were put up. I almost ran one too, because the road was sort of dark and I wasn't expecting a stop sign to be there.

Here is a picture of my '98 Mustang after the wreck. [:/]

Interestingly enough, 3 1/2 years later, I went test driving the '06 Mustang GT today. Now....can I resist temptation....:P

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

So far I've gotten one traffic ticket going _to_ the DZ. It was in the next
small town east of the one the DZ is in, and was a speed trap - I got
busted about three feet past the 45 MPH sign - but the rest of that is
for Speaker's Corner.

I also did some minor damage leaving the DZ once. I was going a bit
fast on a gravel road when an oncoming car came over the top of a hill.
I tried to move to the right and overdid it; dropped the right front wheel
into the ditch, bent the bottom of the front fender behind the front wheel,
and scratched up the rocker panel. No damage to the running gear.

I've gone to a DZ that is a ~4 hour drive away a few times, but I've
driven that load a _lot_ and I know where the speed traps are.
Consequently, I don't get tickets on that drive.

Eule
PLF does not stand for Please Land on Face.

I hit a Kangaroo on the way home one night, don't have any pictures but damn that was messy, 6.5G's to fix, lucky it was a work car :P:P

I hit 6 Roos on the way up to the Nox... wasnt my car either but it had a bull bar on it that could take on a tank. Kinda smelt though...