BannanaGirl

AFF in Espana!

Well it has been one hell of a ride but I have got through my AFF thanks to a wicked bunch of dudes called FreeFalladdicts during my stay in Seville.

I have, without a doubt had the BEST time of my life so far and I cannot wait to go back and do my FS1.

After 4 very good levels I had a really rough time of it on my level 5 (I could not turn for shit) and I had this obstinate desire to keep screwing up for some reason, but if it had not been for my AFFI Barry, I would have thrown the towel in there and then. To say I was close to breakdown mode at times is not untrue.

Just when I felt a failiure he would build me back up and get me back in the door - each time I got better and each time my confidence grew even more. His affable nature and wacky sense of humour (really needed to help you laugh at yourself when things are getting too serious) only helped to make me a much better student skydiver and RELAX (in the end!). So even the tough times were all good in the end, I am glad of them. To say I have been truly humbled by this experience would be an understatement.

The very beautiful Lamorna gave me expert ground school before I first jumped and when I found myself not able to hear my radio because of blocked ears I did'nt poo my pants at all as I knew what to do because she had so expertly briefed me on all the drills, landing patterns etc. Concise, articulate and easy on the eye it is hard not to take in what this lady has to say.
You rock girl!

Possibly the most important thing was I had absolutely trust in everything, my coaching, the spanking new kit on my back, my instructor and above all myself and all of this was only made possible because of them. Had I had problems with my trip in anyway (mine was smooth start to finish) I would not have been in a head space required to focus on my task at hand. The only problem I encountered was solely to do with my own body flying like a bannana (hence the name), nothing else!

They welcomed me into their home, cooked for me and took me out and when I had mad moments at midnight, you know the "what are you thinking girl!" syndrome, there was never any question that it was "out of hours" and "ask me in the morning!". Unsociable hour debriefs were very much something I seemed to need during my journey and I had them frequently.

Now I can learn to skydive and I am looking forward to going back and doing further courses with these guys. I cannot recommend them more to anyone looking to learn or to improve their skills.

But above all I am an AFF graduate! I am chuffed to pieces and the whole catharsis of this journey has changed my life forever. I am proud to say I am going to be a skydiver. I have found my thing at last!!!

Thanks guys!

Adios

Diana:)

Haha, nice to meet you on Friday BG - I didn't get to jump in the end, but the weekend wasn't a total loss :P

Wanna come have a look at Nethers with me Saturday? I guess we're both shopping for a local DZ...
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

Yep! Tis me.

Thing is I am not a virgin (of the sky that is)anymore and if you see how I fly (like a bananna!) but on a heading:S you would laugh your pants off.:D

I know I end up in tears of laughter by the end of my DVD and I have yet to recieve the "out takes" version yet!

I think this name is far more suited to me now. Plus I am bannanas!!!!

Hey Joel!!

It was great to meet you too bruv.

Am I banned? They won't tell me and I am beginning to get paranoid:S.:D

I am off to Skydive London at the weekend (Sat & Sun), so no I won't be going to Nethers....yet. You are more than welcome to come and join me. These guys are really cool...just don't expect as much height as in Spain.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Haha, nice to meet you on Friday BG - I didn't get to jump in the end, but the weekend wasn't a total loss :P

Wanna come have a look at Nethers with me Saturday? I guess we're both shopping for a local DZ...

This saturday? Hmm, i'll be at nethers this weekend.

Eugene

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of
people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

Thanks for the congratulations brother.

And no this is not an advert for the Freefall Addicts. I had a great time and I chose to share my experience, sorry if I offended you by trying to share my experience with others. Anyway what is wrong with sharing a great experience? I want others to go through what I have just been through. If my words point them in the right direction that is a good thing and what do I stand to gain by marketing FreeFall Addicts. I genuinely feel passionate about what a fantastic experience I had and I want to shout about it. Don't like it then don't listen.

I am a real student I can assure you of that. Again thanks for the polite "welcome to skydiving" and I look forward to seeing you at a DZ soon, the name is Diana by the way.

This is all a bit like my last thread when I initailly started researching AFF schools, that got all bitchy and nasty. What is wrong with you people?

Should'nt you all be encouraging people like me to be passionate about something?

The artist formally known as Virginflyer3
B|

Oh, you get them here, don't worry, you'll learn to ignore certain posters.

btw I thought your original post was great :D I also went through the stages of really low confidence as a student and isn't it wonderful to get through those and reap such a great reward?

Here's to a long, safe and fun skydiving career for you ;)
Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.

There will be lots of people at Nethers this weeked - and Saturday night there will be a party - I would suggest checking Nethers out this coming weekend as it will be doing what it does best - partying hard. And, it will be a great way to meet people.

p.s. Hey Eugene - you guys doing the accuracy thing? hehehe, bring it on. See you this weekend!

Congrats! Welcome to the world of skydiving. Looks like you had lots of fun in your pictures on freefall addicts website. Don't worry about all the bitching in here its normal. All the same people are lovely to eachother on the DZ, with the odd exception.

No offence taken, if that wasn't a Mike Worthers bit of marketing I will walk the length of the high street with my trousers down screaming "bum out , bum out."

You're right man, you've got us.

Nobody in their right mind would actually be pleased with their AFF training in Spain, why would we?

I met BG, I saw her AFF video. And I heard an instructor say "No way I could ever do that even if I tried" ;)

I also saw my own AFF video, pretty much as hilarious. I really wish I was staff, that might mean I could skydive worth a damn.

Don't judge everyone by your own cynical standards. And your bare-arse bet might be worth more to people if you had a name.

[edit: Stuff deleted. I can't believe you just conned me into a personal attack. This political shit is really beyone a joke - give it up, you aren't helping anyone. Least of all we poor fucking students.]
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?